The Student Room Group
Haha I had this EXACT same problem lol - I'm not sure if its very accurate but I averaged them together :unsure:
Reply 2
I suppose the closest category is preclinical medicine/allied to medicine.

It's a bit weird really, biomedical sciences aren't medicine, but they're not really biological sciences either.

League tables are a load of crap anyway, study where you like, who cares what the Times thinks?
Reply 3
Depends what you want to do with the biomed degree.

Some biomed course are not IBMS accredited, i.e kcl is not ibms accredited. So if ibms is what you're looking for, then look into that.

I read biochemsitry for my undergraduate degree, so don't really know too much about it, but i think ibms is only relevant if you want to work in a clinical setting post graduation. Personally biochemistry was my stepping stone for medicine, so i didn't look into anything like that, but in hindsight i should probably have.
Reply 4
i.s.a.
Which league tables for biomedical sciences?

Whichever puts where you want to go highest.
McDull
Depends what you want to do with the biomed degree.

Some biomed course are not IBMS accredited, i.e kcl is not ibms accredited. So if ibms is what you're looking for, then look into that.

I read biochemsitry for my undergraduate degree, so don't really know too much about it, but i think ibms is only relevant if you want to work in a clinical setting post graduation. Personally biochemistry was my stepping stone for medicine, so i didn't look into anything like that, but in hindsight i should probably have.

whats IBMS..?
i had that prob..!what's st gerorges uni like for biomed..i couldn't find it so i don't know how good or bad it is..!
Reply 7
*TheSweetestDrug*
whats IBMS..?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=IBMS
Reply 9
McDull
So if ibms is what you're looking for, then look into that.

i don't really care about ibms because i don't want to work for the NHS, i'd rather do research. i'd like a good uni that prepares me for that but all that different tables with different ratings for the same unis... :confused:
i.s.a.
i don't really care about ibms because i don't want to work for the NHS, i'd rather do research. i'd like a good uni that prepares me for that but all that different tables with different ratings for the same unis...

Why don't you just go to some open days/uni websites, pick the ones you like the look of and apply there? :confused:
Reply 11
Democracy
Why don't you just go to some open days/uni websites, pick the ones you like the look of and apply there? :confused:

i've been looking at the websites but as i'm not from uk it's not easy for me to go to open days and until i started doing some reasearch i hadn't heard of many unis apart from cambridge, oxford and imperial! I wan't to go to a uni which i think i'd like to live in but i also want a good one, or else i stay in my country

Latest

Trending

Trending