The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

University of Leeds 2014 Applicants (2015 start)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by chermaine123
Me too! Hopefully I'll see you there!

Just booked onto the Applicant Day. Going on 4th February. It'll give me a chance to take a look at accommodation :wink:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
I got an offer a few days ago for zoology, conditions AAA!
Even though I'm predicted A*A*A, everyone knows how one bad day can change everything. And because I loved leeds so much and have my heart set on it as my first choice, I'm terrified of not getting AAA. Does anyone know if leeds would be the type of uni to make allowances say if I got AAB or ABB? Does it depend on circumstance?
Original post by Sam596
Just booked onto the Applicant Day. Going on 4th February. It'll give me a chance to take a look at accommodation :wink:

I'll be going to an applicant day on the 4th too! But for psychology ((:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zoologyapp
I got an offer a few days ago for zoology, conditions AAA!
Even though I'm predicted A*A*A, everyone knows how one bad day can change everything. And because I loved leeds so much and have my heart set on it as my first choice, I'm terrified of not getting AAA. Does anyone know if leeds would be the type of uni to make allowances say if I got AAB or ABB? Does it depend on circumstance?

A teacher at my sixth form said Leeds rarely let people in with lower grades - apparently someone in the year above got A*AB and didn't get let in because the entry requirements were AAA. But my friend has a sister there and she said she got one below her target grade so guess it's kind of dependent on the course and applicants! I've also got an AAA offer but for history! I love Leeds it's so nice!
Reply 324
Predicted AAB, got offered AAA by Leeds for Economics & Finance !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer an hour ago for History and Economics at AAA! :biggrin:
Reply 326
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Fellow Germanist!! Woowoop!

I have an offer for German & International Business. May be with you on one of the offer-holder open days then!

Mine's still unofficial too, I'm getting a bit worried because they made me the offer on Wednesday, and it's been four days now. I expected it do go live on Track sooner than that :/

It's been 4 days for me now too..... has yours updated yet? :confused:
Offer of AAA (Predicted A*AA) for Ecology & Environmental Biology eeek (:
Original post by Pollllllllllllly
A teacher at my sixth form said Leeds rarely let people in with lower grades - apparently someone in the year above got A*AB and didn't get let in because the entry requirements were AAA. But my friend has a sister there and she said she got one below her target grade so guess it's kind of dependent on the course and applicants! I've also got an AAA offer but for history! I love Leeds it's so nice!

Thank you! Well I suppose there's a slim chance but I'm just going to work as hard as I can and hope for the best! I really do love leeds :biggrin:
I sent my application off yesterday, hoping I get a reply by the end of the week. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've just confirmed it in Track as my firm :smile:
I am studying Maths (G100)
I am so excited for September now
Reply 331
Original post by CSLSally
I sent in my application last week, so I think I should be hearing from them soon? Where're you from? Yeah, I haven't really seen anyone else here doing the same course! :smile:

Yeah hopefully! Only just realised that my tutor still needs to write my reference so I have no idea when it will be officially sent :/ I'm from Aldershot in Hampshire, how about you?
I have applied to study International Business at Leeds. i achieved AABB in my AS Levels last year and am predicted AAAA. I was wondering whether the fact that i resat my first year of sixth form will hinder my chances of obtaining an offer?
Original post by Pollllllllllllly
Don't worry about it mine didn't come through on track for ages! Seems to be the way for Leeds whereas with other offers it's come through on track first!

Hahaha yes. I think it's not too bad a system though, it means that t least we know whether we get the offers quite soon, even if they're not Track official! How long did it take them to put it on there?

Original post by jessicahamilton
Hopefully I might hear back this week then! oh dear, probably a mess up on UCAS' behalf rather than the uni.
Congrats on the offer though!! Is Leeds your first choice?

I wish you the best of luck! :smile:

Than you so much!! I think I'm have Leeds as my firm & Warwick as my insurance - they both want the same grades (AAB), but for Leeds I need an A in German - if I slip up & get a B, but have As in my other two subjects, I'll still get into Warwick :smile: What about you for firm & insurance?

Original post by lidiax
It's been 4 days for me now too..... has yours updated yet? :confused:

It's been a week now! I guess we'll just have to be patient. I mean, the main thing is that we know we have offers :smile: We'll just have to wait until we can firm/insurance them!

Original post by harrietrebeccaa
I have applied to study International Business at Leeds. i achieved AABB in my AS Levels last year and am predicted AAAA. I was wondering whether the fact that i resat my first year of sixth form will hinder my chances of obtaining an offer?

Hello! I have an offer from IB (joint honours with German). They are very strong grades, do you have a strong PS to match? What grades did you get originally, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:
Hahaha yes. I think it's not too bad a system though, it means that t least we know whether we get the offers quite soon, even if they're not Track official! How long did it take them to put it on there?

I wish you the best of luck! :smile:

Than you so much!! I think I'm have Leeds as my firm & Warwick as my insurance - they both want the same grades (AAB), but for Leeds I need an A in German - if I slip up & get a B, but have As in my other two subjects, I'll still get into Warwick :smile: What about you for firm & insurance?

It's been a week now! I guess we'll just have to be patient. I mean, the main thing is that we know we have offers :smile: We'll just have to wait until we can firm/insurance them!

Hello! I have an offer from IB (joint honours with German). They are very strong grades, do you have a strong PS to match? What grades did you get originally, if you don't mind me asking? :smile:

Well done on the offer! When did you send your application off? I would say my personal statement is pretty strong. Originally I did awful, BCDDE chose completely the wrong subjects!

It took 5 days I think! Yeah I agree, I'd much rather have an offer via email sooner than wait for 5 days more to just get a track update!
Reply 336
I got an offer for Economics AAA, anyone else?
Original post by rklrhs
I got an offer for Economics AAA, anyone else?

I've got one too! :biggrin: it'll probably be my insurance :smile: where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 338
Original post by NinjaPandaa
I've got one too! :biggrin: it'll probably be my insurance :smile: where else have you applied?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! Think I might put it as my firm, birmingham, Manchester, sheffield, reading, you? :smile:
Original post by rklrhs
Well done! Think I might put it as my firm, birmingham, Manchester, sheffield, reading, you? :smile:

Ah cool birminghams meant to be a really nice campus right?

I've applied to warwick notts durham and cambridge, and have offers for the first three and an interview at camb :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest