The Student Room Group

Navigating a Psychology Degree: hannxm's GYG thread ♥

Scroll to see replies

DD102 (Social Science) progress: Waiting on TMA 05 (they're late) and iCMA results.

How I'm feeling: We're approaching the end! My EMA is written and ready to submit so not long now.

Module emoji summary:

DE100 (Investigating Psychology) progress: TMA 02 = 63%:frown:

How I'm feeling: Very low at the moment. The same tutor gave me 92% for my first one, then gave me 63% in my second so I am understandably knocked and feeling a little crap about it. My DE100 tutor is a harsh marker and I am concerned she marked me down for things that I was told to do and things that were out of my control but she is evading my questions in emails and now she's sick. It doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things but I am just concerned when my grades matter, getting a tutor like her could be really bad. It has made me not want to work as hard and making me not enjoy the module as much because all my grades will be terrible from now on, I'm sure.

Module emoji summary: :s-smilie:

More written here in my other blog.

Spoiler

DD102 (Social Science) progress: Completed with a distinction! :dance:

How I'm feeling: Great! So glad to have finished and pass my first module with a distinction, I never thought that would happen! I received 91% for TMA 05, 100% on iCMA and 96% for my EMA!

Module emoji summary: :biggrin:

DE100 (Investigating Psychology) progress: TMA 03 = 72%

How I'm feeling: I've finished all the books and there's nothing more to read now. :biggrin: Just the TMA 04 and EMA to do and then I'll be finished for the year. My new tutor said that other students would kill to get 63% and that the dip in scores was very common due to the type of assignments so that was reassuring. I am happy that my third one improved by just under 10% anyway and I hope TMA 04 will improve!

Module emoji summary: :h:

More written here in my other blog.

Spoiler

DE100 (Investigating Psychology) progress: TMA 04 = 80% iCMA = 100%

How I'm feeling: I'm feeling good now that I know this module is finished; the EMA plagued me but that's been submitted now. I don't think I will be getting a distinction in this one, but that's okay - I just need to pass. I'm happy to be finishing the module with better grades as I had a big dip in my scores from TMA 01 - 02, but I have gradually 'grown my grades'! :awesome: Hopefully I can keep them high in my second year. :redface:

Module emoji summary: :u:

Last year's goal: To pass my level 1 modules and achieve around 90% in my assignment scores. (Year 1 score average = 86%)

This year's goal: To avoid gaining a pass 3 (Band C/55-69) in any of my assignments - only pass 1 (Band A/85-100/Dist.) or pass 2 (Band B/70-84).
(edited 5 years ago)
I'm sure you'll do wonderfully in your second year :colondollar:
Original post by 04MR17
I'm sure you'll do wonderfully in your second year :colondollar:

Thank-you, I hope I can! Good luck in your next academic year!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending