The Student Room Group

I got interviewed & rejected by mcdonalds :(

Today i got interviewed at mcdonalds and just after 30 min they sent a rejection email. I need a job badly. Now I feel so freaking depressed, like i wanna commit suicide or something :frown:

EDIT: Wait I didn't even make this post, someone stole my details! But I'll keep it here anyway if someone else might need help on this...
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
It could be worse, your parents could reject you when you tell them you've failed this job interview and will need to suckle from their teat for just a while longer.
I can't help but lol.
Sorry bud.
Reply 3
McDonalds don't employ people they think are over qualified.
Maybe there were several people that were being interviewed and they picked the best candidate?

Unlucky mate. Try any supermarkets?
Reply 5
well u have a-levels and are at uni so maybe they just didn't want to take on new people. Don't worry, just send like a gazillion cvs like everywhere and hopefully one will turn out good.....and try better people than mcd. Maybe they thought u were overqualified...
Reply 6
I got rejected at an "interview" for a dish washing job.
Beat that.
Reply 7
I think hollee is right - try looking in places liiike Sainsbury's :yes:

I got rejected about 4 times by McDonald's. Losers. lol yet Sainsbury's wanted me!!

Oh... and their quiz thing on the McDonalds application is stoopid anyway. The thing in there somewhere about greeting the customer something about going up to them and kissing them or something?! What a load. lol
Reply 8
Dont worry as they are being inundated with applications in the job crisis atm.

And as someone said If your over qualified they wont employ you! that sounds like it could be true too me!
Reply 9
Try Burger King... maybe they have lower standards!

Did laugh tho...
Don't worry, there's always KFC... :P
Reply 11
I hear they're harder to get in than oxbridge these days.
:wink:
Reply 12
Iheartnerds
Don't worry, there's always KFC... :P

In a game of rock paper scissors... McDonalds, KFC, Burger King...

McDonalds = Rock
KFC = paper
Burger King = scissors

WELL BK cuts up KFC, but McDonalds blunts BK... whilst KFC wraps McDs and so on.

Either way, KFC win.
Look on the bright side, you will never become trapped in McDonalds for the rest of your entire life, however you probably will never learn how to wrap the burgers the specific way, or what sauce goes into the Big Mac hmmm.
Over all you may have had a lucky escape :smile:
neodymium
Today i got interviewed at mcdonalds and just after 30 min they sent a rejection email. I need a job badly. Now I feel so freaking depressed, like i wanna commit suicide or something :frown:

Just keep trying at other places, Waitrose, John Lewis, as others said Sainsburys.. and I wish you the best of luck..

Perserverance is the key..

Make dozens of email addresses if you havent already and just keep on applying for every job that want...

I have dozens of friends who say "I want a job" and moan about how there are none, well that is ********, they are just not trying hard enough..It is a 'recession' so there will be thousands of people applying for the same job most of the time (perhaps a bit exaggerated :p:)

So you just have to be prepared to keep on trying, I know there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel but you got to remember that "you can get a job, it just up to how hard I really try"

or something like that :p:
Reply 15
McDonalds has built up a reputation of being a place where if you apply, you're more or less guaranteed a job. That's because people hate it and drop like flies, or because people only work there on a temporary basis or whatever. Now that everyone's up in arms and panicking about the economic recession, people don't want to lose their jobs, so they're putting up with the crap. Also, more people are looking to apply for jobs, so a lot more people are applying to McDonalds... as a result, there are more applications and less places, so McDonalds is now like any other place, in that there's a certain element of competition for jobs there. So, don't be upset about it, just carry on applying places; you'll find somewhere nicer than McDonalds to work, I'm sure of it.
Reply 16
As others have said, they won't employ you if they think you're over-qualified. it's because they offer things like business qualifications (can't remember what ones) which would look better on the not so "academically gifted" persons CV. then again, maybe you just didn't fit in with the maccy d's world (gobby, eat chips etc..)

apply for sainsburys, tesco, john lewis, waitrose etc.
Reply 17
what do you want us to do about it?
Reply 18
Don't worry, they didn't even give me an interview! This, despite the fact that last year THEY phoned ME and practically begged me to leave my existing job to work for them! You have to remember that they currently have every drongo school dropout in England applying for the relatively small number of vacancies so they're likely to take on the youngest, cheapest candidates who aren't going to university or similar. They want to train as few people as possible who will stay as long as possible.
Reply 19
Meh, it's really hard to find a job right now...I've been after one for ages and have only got one interview. I think people like us are being rejected for older people that they can see staying on long term. (I'm presuming you're a student or similar)

Good luck though!

Latest

Trending

Trending