The Student Room Group

Help needed regarding A level Computing.

Hello all.

I am really interested in taking Computing (AQA) At a-level but have been hearing some bad stuff about it.

Are the concepts hard to understand? Do you think that it will take a lot of my time to get my head around it?

And Could you recommend me some books to help me?
Reply 1
Original post by h2shin
Hello all.

I am really interested in taking Computing (AQA) At a-level but have been hearing some bad stuff about it.

Are the concepts hard to understand? Do you think that it will take a lot of my time to get my head around it?

And Could you recommend me some books to help me?

I found it fine tbh. It's been changed since I took it, as with all A-Levels, but the concepts were easy to pick up, the content was just right for anyone inexperienced in computing, and the coursework I managed to complete in a night.

In terms of books, I'd opt for the CGP revision book if it's still going - covers everything you need to go in an amusingly-cringeworthy fashion :p:
Reply 2
I took it last year with the new spec.

Its fine, depends on the kind of person you are and who your teachers are.
The textbook (as of last year) was absolutely useless, so most of the info I came across was from googling online or my teachers notes.
Reply 3
Original post by MickyT
I took it last year with the new spec.

Its fine, depends on the kind of person you are and who your teachers are.
The textbook (as of last year) was absolutely useless, so most of the info I came across was from googling online or my teachers notes.

Just, whatever you do...dont do it with wjec. There wasnt even a book. and yes...most of the materials for your course... you'll have to google

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending