The Student Room Group

Hi Guys, need some advice about noisy neighbours...

So as above, I have these Polish neighbours (I say polish because they are and not because I am racist) but anyway, I live next door to these people and you know what they are constantly noisy from like 11pm to the early morning. So I go to my local council and I complain and complain untill they said they would write a letter to them. Only problem, i don't think the letter thing worked because they were still making noise. Noises are like slamming the doors real loud, loud talking.

Anyway I have spoken to them numerous of times about this in a well mannerd way and I even asked if they understood what I was saying. Not because I thought well they are polish so they won't get me but sometimes when you talk to those whos english are their second language it may not be clear what i'm saying. So they laughed and said yeh they understand but I don't think they do lol. They will be quiet for a few days then go back to making noise. This is irratiting because I have been to uni only having 4 hours sleep because of their noise. Its getting beyond joke now and I really need some advice on what steps I can take to get these people evicted out their house lol.

They obviously don't care so why should i right? Please note they are tenants just renting a private house. I have no idea how many of them are living there so sometimes I feel like i'm talking to different people everytime I complain to them.

So guys, don't just read it then click off it, give me some advice at least. Thank you x
Reply 1
Original post by misstalkalot
So as above, I have these Polish neighbours (I say polish because they are and not because I am racist) but anyway, I live next door to these people and you know what they are constantly noisy from like 11pm to the early morning. So I go to my local council and I complain and complain untill they said they would write a letter to them. Only problem, i don't think the letter thing worked because they were still making noise. Noises are like slamming the doors real loud, loud talking.

Anyway I have spoken to them numerous of times about this in a well mannerd way and I even asked if they understood what I was saying. Not because I thought well they are polish so they won't get me but sometimes when you talk to those whos english are their second language it may not be clear what i'm saying. So they laughed and said yeh they understand but I don't think they do lol. They will be quiet for a few days then go back to making noise. This is irratiting because I have been to uni only having 4 hours sleep because of their noise. Its getting beyond joke now and I really need some advice on what steps I can take to get these people evicted out their house lol.

They obviously don't care so why should i right? Please note they are tenants just renting a private house. I have no idea how many of them are living there so sometimes I feel like i'm talking to different people everytime I complain to them.

So guys, don't just read it then click off it, give me some advice at least. Thank you x

Do you know who their landlord is? try contacting him and reporting it? failing that, go to your local Citizens Advice Bureau for advice.

Put pressure on the local council, keep mithering them. If that doesn't work, contact your local MP and explain the situation and see if he can exert a bit of pressure on the Council. As a last resort, raise it with the local media if you think the council is being incompetent. Might sound far fetched but it worked for me albeit in different circumstances.
I don't think your neighbors take you seriously. Make you own noise and be more passive aggressive.
I usually settle for banging on the walls or saying "You can tell when next-door get back" rather loudly.

Unfortunately, they rarely take the hint. So in the summer I started playing my music on my laptop outside really loudly, which worked for a while until they became desensitised to it.
Reply 4
1) Get a stereo
2) Put on some heavy metal music
3) Volume 100%
4) ???
5) PROFIT!
Tell the council that they are still doing it
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Thanks guys, I suppose I will bug the council some more lol. Yes I will be trying to contact the landlord as well, theres a to let board outside their house so I will be contacting that company and be complaining that where I live is a nice quiet area full of old age pensioners, families and single parents with children so dumping a bunch of people in one house to rent rooms is not even right.

I mean I even told them, if the doors are old, ask your landlord to change them, you can just hear the loud creak when they open and close the door, then they slam it like a child slams a door when having a tantrum. The landlord is a dick as well because he just brought the house and put down something on the floor and that was it, he aint fixed nothing in that house.

Even the owners before that never fixed nothing and I know that because when they were renting, a nice family moved in and they had to move out because they were getting cuts from the bath, and they complained to the owner about getting a new bath and the owner wouldn't spend any money on it. So thats how I know the house is a rotten house.

All the landlord cares about is probaly the money otherwise he would have the decency to fix it up. Oh well.
Ear plugs or send a letter that threaten to burn their house if they continue :wink:
Reply 9
Original post by misstalkalot

They're probably not taking you seriously because they're Polish and don't feel threatened by a female (not saying all Polish people are sexist), so maybe if you got your dad/bf/brother to knock on their door and tell them to stfu (not literally) they might get the message.
Reply 10
We have the same problem, an Asian chap bought the property next door, converted it to 4 flats filled it with Poles, sick and tired of it noise inside and outside the house.eventually lost the plot n called the police, they were brilliant they came down, noise stopped.Was told to get in touch the council .A chap came down warned them to behave which mostly they have.Everytime you ring the police they give you a crime number write it down and get onto the council who will again chase it up.

Good luck and remember "dont let the b________sget you down
I have the same problem but they understand me perfectly there very petty they will slam doors turn music up and down shout talk loud do diy till 10pm its unbelievable, I've been intouch with council it goes quite for a while then the petty stuff starts apparently im racist cause I want a quite life

Latest

Trending

Trending