The Student Room Group

What are you like during Exam season/period?

Well I'm basically caffeine fuelled, sleep deprived, stressed out nut case. :tongue:

Scroll to see replies

Library-haunting zombie
Reply 2
Edgy, caffeine fuelled beast, prone to hysterical laughing fits!
Reply 3
tense, and so tightly wound that the slightest things set me over the edge.
i cant have caffeine so i dont get the joys of all nighters unless i'm to stressed to sleep, but i do put on about a gazillion stone through comfort eating. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Vozhak
Edgy, caffeine fuelled beast, prone to hysterical laughing fits!

omg haha, i do the laughing thing too. for no good reason sometimes, i just burst out into hysterical laughter. for my a level french oral i just stood outside waiting to go in absolutely wetting myself with laughter, just because i was so nervous! :s-smilie:
Reply 5
Original post by Samz
omg haha, i do the laughing thing too. for no good reason sometimes, i just burst out into hysterical laughter. for my a level french oral i just stood outside waiting to go in absolutely wetting myself with laughter, just because i was so nervous! :s-smilie:

hahaahah i can one up that, for philosophy final last year i opened the paper saw one question for 100% and started to laugh in the exam hall out loud.

and yes i do burst into laughter a-lot during exams for no good reason?
A nervous crazy mother****er!!!
I'm ****ting bricks, constantly.
I have an exam tomorrow. Unfortunatly I go into "coasting" mode. I know that I'll pass this exam (only need 40%) so I'm not stressing as much as I should. I'll regret this in the morning.
Original post by linkdapink
I have an exam tomorrow. Unfortunatly I go into "coasting" mode. I know that I'll pass this exam (only need 40%) so I'm not stressing as much as I should. I'll regret this in the morning.

Oh My God, that's exactly the same as me, I also regret it when the results come out
Reply 10
Wishing that I did not leave revision this late. And that's everytime.... I never seem to learn.
So laid back, I'm practically horizontal - until about 24 hours before the exam, when I go into meltdown and revise like a woman possessed without stopping for food or sleep.

The only exception to this is one of my finals, where I followed the above pattern to start with - and then at 9pm, with the exam at 9am the next day, I thought 'sod this for a lark' and went down the pub instead.
Procastinator :mmm:

Actually, I study 2-3 days before the exam, but i end up getting good grades anyways.
I prefer to study right before the exam that way i won't forget it right away.
And on the day of the exam, i wake up super early. Let's say the exam is at 9am, i wake up at 3am to start studying again.
If i study a week before the exam, i end up forgetting most of it.
(edited 13 years ago)
I watch a lot of TV to calm myself down.
Quietly confident until after the exams, then I get all nervous and worried about failing.
Reply 15
gtfo my room
Reply 16
I need pressure to memorise things so I procrastinate until about 12 hours before the exam and then stare at the book for hours wondering why it won't go in!
Procrastinaticus Redbullicus.

I can't focus unless I'm under immense pressure, hence why I'm posting here instead of doing the 2500 word essay due in tomorrow. It's not 3am yet so I'm still feeling no immediate concern.

Once 6am rolls around though I'll have half a dozen cans of energy drink in me and be twitching like an epileptic in a disco. I also have a tendency to punch the furniture when the words won't come to mind.
Reply 18
Original post by Hanz_a93
gtfo my room

:lolz: me too :smile: In my case, it's gtfo outta my room...

*logs onto facebook*

3 hours later someone comes to check up on my revision, quickly opens book..

"GTFO I'm trying to REVISE!"

THEN revises.

I never learn :colone:
Reply 19
I don't think about it. I've got into a really bad habit of not revising or anything, just turning up on the morning of the exam and hoping all goes well. I don't know what's wrong with me... In my AS's last year everyone was sitting in my sixth form revising and I just couldn't handle it and went out to sunbathe instead (?!)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending