The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by lightburns
(as you use toff, I'll reply using that, but using a vulgar name for both sides, hmm?)

So you see a thread where this happens:
Toff does stupid thing in demo.
Peasant claims this is because of Toff's Toffness.
More Peasants lay hate on the Toff's.
Kiwi Toff replies in a somewhat tongue-in-cheek manner against the Peasants.
Toff points out that people were killed at Peasants miner's strikes, so you can't just blame the Toffness of the Demo-Toff, then makes a derogatory comment about Peasants.

And this shows why you hate the Toffs and would rather be a Peasant. Hmm.

It is strange you answered the derogatory comment of that guy, and completely ignored his very good argument.
Personally, I think the toffs are coming off looking better in this discussion so far.

Thank you.

Would OP care to counter said argument, or would he rather continue to wallow at the level of an eight year old?
Original post by blue_shift86
just goes to show how thick toffs are too, haha. I live in a 4 bed suburban house with my parents who've paid off their mortgage and don't claim benefits. Up yours you elitist scum. :rolleyes:

Something like this, I'm guessing.

And of course a toff would think that wouldn't they? And btw, you're over analysing the posts....stop thinking so deeply when there's nothing there....

A working-class housemate keeps calling me middle-class. I have been resisting the label, but really, I might give up. For the record, I come from working-class families on all sides (northern mining x 2, German refugees, Lancashire), who then at my grandparents age all got good jobs (teachers and scientists). None of my family have ever considered themselves 'middle class'. If you want to call me that, fine. It's not an insult.

There's plenty of reason to 'over analyse'. This class hate is ridiculous.
Reply 43
with over 1900 posts clearly it can't be the first? And since you don't have a 3rd option of: simple decent working class guy, I must be a chav. So be it. Better a chav than a toff.

I would advise you to get that massive chip off your shoulder, watching you grovel under it is like watching a badly done LOTR. Also "simple decent working class" people don't randomly insult people they do not know, falsely generalize or show the emotional maturity of a 5 year old.
Reply 44
So when the upper classes serve their own interests and **** over the poor, the poor complain.
And when the upper classes display solidarity with the poor, guess what? The poor complain.

Why can't we be like America, where there's a bit of respect for people who've brought themselves money and opportunity?
Reply 45
Original post by Aspiringlawstudent
Thank you.

Would OP care to counter said argument, or would he rather continue to wallow at the level of an eight year old?

This.
This.

Maybe you could do with over-analysing.. And you wonder why I think the toffs are coming off better in this?

Working class thread posters: "[stamps foot] No no no rich toffs baaad".
Middle class thread posters: A bit of the above, but also tongue-in-cheek replies, and actual arguments.
Reply 47
the flag pulling douche was a privileged upper class toff. He was the son of pink floyd and is a cambridge history student.

Isn't that just hypocrisy? A guy who the fees wont affect at all is carrying out violent protests. Also, he didn't even know what the monument was, and on top of that he was high on LSD was his excuse for his actions.

Quite sums up the middle and upper classes, hahahaa....bunch of spoilt, trouble making douchebags.

read the link below: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1337506/Tuition-fee-vote-riot-Pink-Floyd-stars-son-says-sorry-insulting-Britains-war-dead.html

Also, ironically this douche was also amongst the people that surrounded the royals car! Epic PR failure for him and his family, hahahah!

'the fees wont affect at all' Why make that point? Unless you believe people should only protest on topics that only directly involve them. People in this country could protest againt companies that exploit child labour in other countires, even though they are not children themselves. One doesn't have to be affected by something themselves in order to have a view on the matter.
Reply 48
Something like this, I'm guessing.

You are scum.
Original post by Organ
You are scum.

Ooops, have I accidentally posted a picture of your "gaff", "me old china"?
Reply 50
This.

That makes you a troll then, or an idiot.
This.

How mature of you.
Reply 52
Just because you go to Oxbridge doesn't make you a Tory. Plenty of leading Labour politicians went to Oxbridge. Including Ed Miliband.

And just because your're wealthy, doesn't make you a Tory. Most of Labours MP's are wealthy...

Just saying.
Reply 53
Pink Floyd really aren't upper class.. :rolleyes:
Reply 54
Original post by ish90an
I would advise you to get that massive chip off your shoulder, watching you grovel under it is like watching a badly done LOTR. Also "simple decent working class" people don't randomly insult people they do not know, falsely generalize or show the emotional maturity of a 5 year old.

You obviously don't know the working classes, hAHAHAHA. This is what we do best! :tongue:
Reply 55
Ooops, have I accidentally posted a picture of your "gaff", "me old china"?

Spend your life looking down on people because you were born into different social circumstances if you wish - but you might consider bin-men, nurses, truck-drivers, the people who grit roads, builders, shelf-stackers and so on beneath you, but imagine the UK without them - the country would literally and metaphorically collapse. They are more important to the UK than another law student - entering an already saturated working environment.

And no you didn't post a picture of my house, my parents house was last valued at more than £600,000, the picture you posted does however look exactly like the house my mother grew up in, and looks miles better than the ones that my grandparents were born in.
Which public school did he go to? All the papers say that he was privately educated.
Reply 57
Original post by lightburns
Maybe you could do with over-analysing.. And you wonder why I think the toffs are coming off better in this?

Working class thread posters: "[stamps foot] No no no rich toffs baaad".
Middle class thread posters: A bit of the above, but also tongue-in-cheek replies, and actual arguments.

The middle class just get into bed with anyone who has power....the libs are a great example of this!
Reply 58

Dear Lord, you've got to wonder what local authorities were thinking when they built those things. I can't believe it would've costed considerably more to actually make council houses at least semi-attractive.
Reply 59
Original post by Prince Rhyus
Which public school did he go to? All the papers say that he was privately educated.

Does that even matter? What you going to do? Go to a league table and see if your posh school was better than his? If his school they got more A's than at yours? oh Puhleassse!

Latest

Trending

Trending