The Student Room Group

Was there to many red flags

So I went on this first date with this guy that I’ve been talking to for a little. I get to the date and he’s just staring at me lol. I sit down and he’s clearly nervous and kinda shaky. We had a light fun convo getting to know one another. Then he starts saying how I’m not good a communication and pulls out his phone showing that I take forever to respond to his texts ?? Showing me all are messages, and the dates I responded to him. I can admit that I’m a busy person but to pull that on the first date ??? Then he starts asking me where I work ? I responded “over here” he said “what’s the name of the place “??? Saying “why can’t I know, I’m not going to do anything “??? Then he starts asking me what race was the last man I was with ? Yeah This is a (BM). He pulls some slight negging jokes but I honestly thought it was just flirting??? He then proceeded to take me to ice cream afterwards. He then starts talking again about how I’m a bad texter ? This wasn’t the whole conversation he was asking me a lot of questions about myself and it seemed like he was genuinely trying to get to know me. He then asks me what my last name was ??? I said “you don’t need to know that” he replied with “why, can’t I know it?

He starts telling me that I look like the type to break someone’s hurt, saying “I bet you have a lot of dudes on your phone, and starts asking me if I like him now or not. I also noticed when I checked my phone or when I wasn’t talking he would just stare at me so intensely??? Like soul staring almost. I ended the date and he was like “can I see you again” I said yes and he was all like “wow that didn’t sound convincing. Over all there were some fun parts….. what do y’all think?
Reply 1
Yes, too many red flags.
On the other hand, he maybe nervous and did that as a mask, but still, it is creepy. I wouldn't trust him.
Reply 2
Original post by Emilly676
So I went on this first date with this guy that I’ve been talking to for a little. I get to the date and he’s just staring at me lol. I sit down and he’s clearly nervous and kinda shaky. We had a light fun convo getting to know one another. Then he starts saying how I’m not good a communication and pulls out his phone showing that I take forever to respond to his texts ?? Showing me all are messages, and the dates I responded to him. I can admit that I’m a busy person but to pull that on the first date ??? Then he starts asking me where I work ? I responded “over here” he said “what’s the name of the place “??? Saying “why can’t I know, I’m not going to do anything “??? Then he starts asking me what race was the last man I was with ? Yeah This is a (BM). He pulls some slight negging jokes but I honestly thought it was just flirting??? He then proceeded to take me to ice cream afterwards. He then starts talking again about how I’m a bad texter ? This wasn’t the whole conversation he was asking me a lot of questions about myself and it seemed like he was genuinely trying to get to know me. He then asks me what my last name was ??? I said “you don’t need to know that” he replied with “why, can’t I know it?

He starts telling me that I look like the type to break someone’s hurt, saying “I bet you have a lot of dudes on your phone, and starts asking me if I like him now or not. I also noticed when I checked my phone or when I wasn’t talking he would just stare at me so intensely??? Like soul staring almost. I ended the date and he was like “can I see you again” I said yes and he was all like “wow that didn’t sound convincing. Over all there were some fun parts….. what do y’all think?

I had a friend who ended up in a toxic relationship and this kinda sounds like what she dealt with. Guy sounds like he can’t trust anyone or anything. Even if the dude was nervous, why ask all those questions like come on, he’s just making himself look bad at this point

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending