The Student Room Group

What would YOU do?

Poll

Your Choice:

Okay I was having this discussion with some friends today and their opinion seemed to totally contrast my own. So let's see what you guys do...

Say you see someone/a friend/their relation doesn't really matter in this case being beaten up (unfairly also: 3/4 people against 1).

Now. Do you involve yourself in the situation: do you try to calm the situation down and perhaps if need be, defend the person being assaulted?

OR

Do you go and get help, keeping your prescence unknown to anyone involved in the incident? Keeping in mind that the condition of the victim will have deteriorated by quite a bit by the time you do.

OR

Do you do nothing? Not your problem, is it?

Scroll to see replies

Isn't that simple. Depends on what my chances of fighting the people were. Blindly going into a fight which I'd lose would result in two people's condition 'deteriorating' instead of just the one if I hadn't intervened. The obvious thing to do would be to avoid it, or call the police. Unless it was family. Then I think I'd go fight them regardless because it'd split the damage between us both.
Reply 2
Original post by Misogynist
Isn't that simple. Depends on what my chances of fighting the people were. Blindly going into a fight which I'd lose would result in two people's condition 'deteriorating' instead of just the one if I hadn't intervened. The obvious thing to do would be to avoid it, or call the police. Unless it was family. Then I think I'd go fight them regardless because it'd split the damage between us both.

damage splitter
Reply 3
I would get involved and I would not lose because im a Ninja. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Depends on the attackers. The need for instant analysis would never have been more pertinent and if it was 4 huge ass black guys with muscles to rival that of Arnie in his peak, you can be assured that i'm not doing anything but running off and calling the police.

If it's 4 little turds however who should really be watching repeats of Hey Arnold, then i'll come in all psycho like and hopefully scare them off.
Its best NOT to fight or beat the guy/girl up...unless...

Original post by SkyNinja
I would get involved and I would not lose because im a Ninja. :biggrin:

...you are really a ninja. But you should talk to someone like another friend. Is this person a girl or a boy and have they been behavig strange lately and has this happened alot? If not then it is probibly nothing to worry about!
At the end of the day you just need to ask yourself 'will this help?' before doing anything. Look at the people involved and decide what to do that way you probibly wont regret anything.
I hope this helps!
x
if i got involved i could get raped, i know i'm a guy buy you didnt say what the gender the thugs are,... could be some really muscular chicks!

and plus im not much of a fighter.
I'd run and get help. I know I'd be completely useless in a fight.
Reply 8
As if I'm going to have any better chance against 4 thugs than they are tbh =/
Original post by Gemma :)!
I'd run and get help. I know I'd be completely useless in a fight.

Pretty good idea actually...tho id probibly be to scared :frown:
Reply 10
Original post by TrueLoveNeverDies
Its best NOT to fight or beat the guy/girl up...unless...

...you are really a ninja. But you should talk to someone like another friend. Is this person a girl or a boy and have they been behavig strange lately and has this happened alot? If not then it is probibly nothing to worry about!
At the end of the day you just need to ask yourself 'will this help?' before doing anything. Look at the people involved and decide what to do that way you probibly wont regret anything.
I hope this helps!
x

Well obviously if the attackers were girls id probably stop the fight without physically attacking...but if they are men i dont care if i know the person who is being attacked i will stop the 3/4 on 1 beating physically, that would be the best way as there is a chance of the victim dying....How would you feel when you could have stopped it and went to talk to the attacker who just punched you and you were knocked out and the victim ended up dying.
If I thought I could take them then I would jump in straight away and help.
If I thought I coudn't take them (they had weapons etc) then I would get help first.
I would never just sit by and do nothing... for I am.. PenguinSaysQuack! :teehee:
Sorry just watched Kick-Ass the other day :colondollar:
I'd always get involved and defend the person being assaulted (weapons wouldn't make any difference).
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 13
Original post by LonelySoul193
Okay I was having this discussion with some friends today and their opinion seemed to totally contrast my own. So let's see what you guys do...

Say you see someone/a friend/their relation doesn't really matter in this case being beaten up (unfairly also: 3/4 people against 1).

Now. Do you involve yourself in the situation: do you try to calm the situation down and perhaps if need be, defend the person being assaulted?

OR

Do you go and get help, keeping your prescence unknown to anyone involved in the incident? Keeping in mind that the condition of the victim will have deteriorated by quite a bit by the time you do.

OR

Do you do nothing? Not your problem, is it?

I think, to be honest, it would depend on the attacker, and the nature of the attack itself.
Original post by SkyNinja
Well obviously if the attackers were girls id probably stop the fight without physically attacking...but if they are men i dont care if i know the person who is being attacked i will stop the 3/4 on 1 beating physically, that would be the best way as there is a chance of the victim dying....How would you feel when you could have stopped it and went to talk to the attacker who just punched you and you were knocked out and the victim ended up dying.

true that true that.
but to be honest i hope that i DON'T get into one of those situations... i reallt actyally DONT want to think about it :boxing:
Reply 15
What would I do?

Get up on my feet and stop making tired excuses, of course.
Reply 16
Original post by TrueLoveNeverDies
true that true that.
but to be honest i hope that i DON'T get into one of those situations... i reallt actyally DONT want to think about it :boxing:

Yeah but it could happen, espically as the crime rate will go up because the bad boys will be on the streets instead of college as they wont get there EMA. :smile:
Reply 17
run at em and knock the other **** out
Original post by Misogynist

This. There's bravery and then there's foolishness.
I said run and get help, simply because I reckon I'd be RUBBISH in a fight, if I was big and strong I'd leap right in and give 'em a good duffing up.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending