The Student Room Group

New girlfriend and Christmas

Hey,
i just started to date a girl, it has been a month. however, ive know her for more than a year. should i get a christmas present? if so what kind of present should i get????

thanks!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
just dump her and ask her out again at new years
Reply 2
I would, a small gift of £20 maximum imo
what a stupid question man. of course you should buy her a present.
Reply 4
Get her something small. Something from Paperchase or Accessorize.
Reply 5
Make her a gift card which says something along the lines of, good for 15 minutes of cunninlingus
Original post by Astra_K
I would, a small gift of £20 maximum imo

What!? lol I wouldn't even spend that much if it were me. I'd just send her a card and be done with it. Depends on how new she is.
Reply 7
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary
What!? lol I wouldn't even spend that much if it were me. I'd just send her a card and be done with it. Depends on how new she is.

I'm clearly just a lot more giving than you :wink:
But tbh, it would depend on how i felt. If i knew we would last then yea, if i didnt think it would go far, she'd get a toy from a Kinder egg.
Reply 8
Get her a small piece of jewellery or something, nothing too extravagant.
wait to see if she gets you anything.
Yes, but just something small to let her know you care, but not too overboard :smile:
Original post by Astra_K
I'm clearly just a lot more giving than you :wink:
But tbh, it would depend on how i felt. If i knew we would last then yea, if i didnt think it would go far, she'd get a toy from a Kinder egg.

Lad!

I'm quite the miser actually, so you're right.
Good to see that you thought ahead seeing as Christmas is only 28 HOURS AWAY
Original post by alissasantiago
Get her a small piece of jewellery or something, nothing too extravagant.

hmmm, :redface:.

Seems like I'm the most stingiest member on TSR.
LOL definetly get her a present!
maybe jewellery or something
definetly not stationery or vouchers though :P
Yeah, you really should. Oh and have fun shopping on Christmas Eve. :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Advanced Subsidiary

Dude, that's just cheap, come on. He said he's been with her for a month and that's a start.
Reply 17
Original post by me28
Hey,
i just started to date a girl, it has been a month. however, ive know her for more than a year. should i get a christmas present? if so what kind of present should i get????

thanks!

Get her summat for around £20. Unless you're short of cash...
Reply 18
Just get a CD by her favourite artist or genre or something. Jewelry after just a month is a joke, no wonder people these days are only together a handful of months. Trying to stick a years worth of relationship into a month. Jewelry is paramount to wheeling out the big guns. Keep it for special occasions so that it means something, not for a months dating.
Original post by HarryA
Dude, that's just cheap, come on. He said he's been with her for a month and that's a start.

Yeah I agree, I did say that I was a cheapskate lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending