The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by kironkabir
I wouldn't say that they are racist. They're just scared of the unknown.

I doubt most Arabs and Eastern Europeans see black people in their native countries. So they come to places like the UK or US, get culture shock and tend to stick to what they know.

Nevertheless, having a prejudice against other races due to silly reasons such as skin colour, language, etc is just plain silly. I mean, look at Hitler, now he's the world's most hated man.

??? Do you realise that about 30% of Arabs are black???
Original post by zainn
Eastern european would be defined as: Serbian, Bosnian, Bulgarian, Russian and so on.

And yup I do think, if your observation were to be true, it would probably more down to shock than anything because people from the Middle East and Eastern Europe won't have seen much black people before. However, considering MOST middle-easterners are Muslims then they're not doing a very good job considering all races are considered equal in Islam!

peaceeeee

What the hell are you talking about??? 30% of Arabs are black, you clearly have no idea about the Middle East and North Africa at all!
There is no racial discrimination towards Black Arabs at all ever, it is unheard of. The only thing looked down upon is intermarrying between Black and White Arabs that is all and even now that is changing.
Ops obviously a troll...
Reply 23
My bad, should have been more specific and written iraq/iran :angry:
Reply 24
Original post by There will be Particles
What the hell are you talking about??? 30% of Arabs are black, you clearly have no idea about the Middle East and North Africa at all!
There is no racial discrimination towards Black Arabs at all ever, it is unheard of. The only thing looked down upon is intermarrying between Black and White Arabs that is all and even now that is changing.

There is way too much racism towards the darker skinned. I'm sure even an arab would agree with me on that! And those lines completely contradict
Reply 25
Original post by ChaoticSkills
Ops obviously a troll...

yeah cos highlighting racial issues makes one a troll. nice try though.
Original post by WarmEye
There is way too much racism towards the darker skinned. I'm sure even an arab would agree with me on that! And those lines completely contradict

No they don't contradict it wasnt a racist or hate based thing it was simply a custom that black arabs didnt marry white arabs. Not because white arabs are better than black arabs or via versa it was just "not done".
Why are black people so racist against whites?
Reply 28
How would you know OP? (I am assuming you aren't black)
Reply 29
Original post by There will be Particles
No they don't contradict it wasnt a racist or hate based thing it was simply a custom that black arabs didnt marry white arabs. Not because white arabs are better than black arabs or via versa it was just "not done".

nonetheless, im still astound that you think theres no racism in the arab world, when it is notoriously known to be a really elitist world.
Why are black people all gun carrying criminals???
Original post by WarmEye
yeah cos highlighting racial issues makes one a troll. nice try though.

No What you're failing to undestand is that there are racist groups from every race. You should have been more specific when highlighting your point. I.E you could have said "a small proportion of arabs have shown racial tendencies against this race of people"

You're making it sound like all Arabs and Eastern European's are racist. In fact how can you define what an Arab is there's like 325 million Arabs in the world Today. Some of them come from countries in North Africa like Egypt etc.. and some of them can be classified as black.
Reply 32
I think arabs look down on indian people, especially in Dubai...
Reply 33
muslim alabs no lacist al equl
I think this is a bit of a generalisation, although we do have an Eastern European exchange student that is very, very racist :holmes:
Reply 35
Ironic thread is ironic.
Original post by domino0806
Define Eastern Europeans.

People from Eastern Europe.
Original post by Rozzo89
I think arabs look down on indian people, especially in Dubai...

Yep, they treat south Asians like crap.

I went there with my mate a year or two ago - and they were giving us such evils and being so rude, until we spoke in, obviously a British accent; then they were all nice with us! They had this whole attitude that 'it's our country'

I vowed that If I ever see an Emirate on British soil - i'd punch him in the face
Original post by lastmanstanding
Yep, they treat south Asians like crap.

I went there with my mate a year or two ago - and they were giving us such evils and being so rude, until we spoke in, obviously a British accent; then they were all nice with us! They had this whole attitude that 'it's our country'

I vowed that If I ever see an Emirate on British soil - i'd punch him in the face

Not all Arabs have this attitude to Indians. There used to be Hindus and Sikhs living in Baghdad until it got ****. They weren't servants either - they were professionals, like doctors and stuff.
Original post by ilikecheesytea
People from Eastern Europe.

Which is quite clearly not what the OP meant. -_-

Latest

Trending

Trending