The Student Room Group

Asians, are you allowed to marry a girl/guy of your choice?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by catty khan
yeah my grandparents are proper cultural, but no1 cares nemre haha, :wink:

Pathans will always have that culture aspect from my experience, no matter how coconuttty they may seem to be...take all the pathans in bham for example (mostly small heath, lol)
nope. If I decide to get married, it would have to be with a man of the same caste
Original post by lastmanstanding
Pathans will always have that culture aspect from my experience, no matter how coconuttty they may seem to be...take all the pathans in bham for example (mostly small heath, lol)

are you frm bham haha
are you frm bham haha

Yep :tongue:
yeah im k9inda lucky in that way I suppose

I always fight with my mum, but I really should appreciate her more, because I couldda got stuck with really traditional type of family that wouldn't allow me to choose...

luckily I can do whatever I want (to be honest, me and my brothers are pretty hard to control, so I doubt they could stop us even if they didn't approve?)

my ex was white and my mum REALLLy liked her ( I could tell my mum wanted me to settle down with her when I was older)

when we broke up my mum was like "but your children would've been mixed race and soooo beutiful!!!!" lol she was right though, mixed race looks the best without a doubt
Original post by lastmanstanding
Yep :tongue:

what small heath hahaha
Reply 346
All this talk of marry/sleep with who you want is only directed at Asians because whites want to dilute the race, culture and religion of the stranger within their society. It's a simple code behind this talk: banging a white man = freedom and human rights; sticking to your own race and arranged marriage = slavery and oppression. So then the white man has to 'liberate' the Asian women. Hahaha neat trick
Reply 347
Original post by Picaa
All this talk of marry/sleep with who you want is only directed at Asians because whites want to dilute the race, culture and religion of the stranger within their society. It's a simple code behind this talk: banging a white man = freedom and human rights; sticking to your own race and arranged marriage = slavery and oppression. So then the white man has to 'liberate' the Asian women. Hahaha neat trick

You say it like white men are on a mission to have mixed race babies with Asian people to dilute their culture etc, and that's all they care about
Technically speaking, there's a criteria that myself and my sisters are supposed to adhere to. We can find our own partners within that criteria and have the right to refuse any partner that our parents may suggest.

That's technically speaking though. I suspect my parents would be far more flexible than one might expect, if pushed/prodded. Not that any of us have tried. Yet :ninja:

My parents did think I was getting off with my tutorial partner (who's white, atheist and gay :rofl: ) for quite a while. They genuinely did seem to believe it or at least suspect it, yet there was never any shouting about it :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
Wow, some cultures are really behind.
Reply 350
Original post by No Man
You say it like white men are on a mission to have mixed race babies with Asian people to dilute their culture etc, and that's all they care about

It's about creating a working class/underclass that will populate the ranks of the armed forces, at low cost. There has to be a baseline number of potentials who can be recruited as grunts for next to nothing. Alongside the massive military and political attacks on the Muslim world so that the whites can once again have colonies and slaves, there is an ideological attack on the root concepts of foreign 'Other' identity. The Other's values, religion, culture, self-respect all have to be hammered, to show the 'superiority' of the white protestant brussels sprouts and roast lamb culture of Britain and America. It helps the support for the foreign wars at home, when there are such ideological attacks on the Other's culture. And yes, a prime motivation for wars and human behaviour is the control and submission of females. That's why there were tens of thousands of rapes in Iraq and Afghanistan after the invasions. The message is: British = strong, male, thrusting, righteous, active; Easterner = effeminate, passive, receiving, weak, immoral. It's all such a lot of bull****.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by JohnC2211
Wow, some cultures are really behind.

Yes thank god Europeans are more likely to be allowed to marry who they want to.
Reply 352
Original post by Picaa
It's about creating a working class/underclass that will populate the ranks of the armed forces, at low cost. There has to be a baseline number of potentials who can be recruited as grunts for next to nothing. Alongside the massive military and political attacks on the Muslim world so that the whites can once again have colonies and slaves, there is an ideological attack on the root concepts of foreign 'Other' identity. The Other's values, religion, culture, self-respect all have to be hammered, to show the 'superiority' of the white protestant brussels sprouts and roast lamb culture of Britain and America. It helps the support for the foreign wars at home, when there are such ideological attacks on the Other's culture. And yes, a prime motivation for wars and human behaviour is the control and submission of females. That's why there were tens of thousands of rapes in Iraq and Afghanistan after the invasions. The message is: British = strong, male, thrusting, righteous, active; Easterner = effeminate, passive, receiving, weak, immoral. It's all such a lot of bull****.

Just because the a few people in the military do that doesn't mean the whole white male population wants to.

Just like because a few Muslims are terrorists doesn't mean they all are.
Original post by 4ttari
I always wanted to see what the kids would turn out like if a black guy married a chinese girl.

Are chinese girls into black guys?

I'd really want to see that too!
Most of the chinese society tend to think they're kinda "superior" to the black race. For many of them, beautywise: occidental > asian > african.
Rather as a fact, most chinese who've never left the country, think of black guys as strange. This is because there are so many few black guys in such a big country that most of them have never ever seen one (except for on TV). Two years ago I visited China, and my chinese teacher asked me to describe her a black guy lol.
I personally think there are many cute black guys out there^^
Reply 354
Original post by dreamer*girl
I'd really want to see that too!
Most of the chinese society tend to think they're kinda "superior" to the black race. For many of them, beautywise: occidental > asian > african.
Rather as a fact, most chinese who've never left the country, think of black guys as strange. This is because there are so many few black guys in such a big country that most of them have never ever seen one (except for on TV). Two years ago I visited China, and my chinese teacher asked me to describe her a black guy lol.
I personally think there are many cute black guys out there^^

Probably something like that. (I googled it)

I think Tiger Woods is half Thai too.
Original post by Jackthevillain
Yes thank god Europeans are more likely to be allowed to marry who they want to.

I second that. I find it hard to understand why, in the 21st Century, people STILL have to marry according to their parents' religious wishes.
ooooo yep im sort of afghan, well speak thier language anyway and thats how it roles with us, has to be totally the same afghan not even a different cast :O x

A little off topic but;

Pashto music ftw!

(If that terminology was right, correct me if I'm wrong? :colondollar:)

Yeah, there's this Pataan girl that sits next to me in History and she showed me this, I was like :dance:, quite different to punjabi/indian music though :tongue:
Reply 357
Original post by Billa Bong
sure about what??

Sure that you'd listen to your parents if they didnt approve of the girl you were in love with...as in you'd leave her because your parents didnt approve...
Original post by awais590
A little off topic but;

Pashto music ftw!

(If that terminology was right, correct me if I'm wrong? :colondollar:)

Yeah, there's this Pataan girl that sits next to me in History and she showed me this, I was like :dance:, quite different to punjabi/indian music though :tongue:

i like pashtu music lol better than indian :tongue: x
Original post by aimz08
Sure that you'd listen to your parents if they didnt approve of the girl you were in love with...as in you'd leave her because your parents didnt approve...

i don't think they would just disown me...and i'm not likely to pick a girl that they wouldn't approve of anyhow...if that situation does arise i'll think about it then :rolleyes:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending