The Student Room Group

Which MSc to choose?

Hello everyone. I am currently applying at five UK universities (Bath - MSc Finance, Durham - MSc Finance, Lancaster - MSc Finance, Southampton - MSc International Financial Markets, Exeter - MSc Finance and Investments) and so far I have been addmitted at all of them but Bath (I am waiting for a decision). Assuming I will be addmitted there also, which university and programme is the best of these five according to you? I am looking at the rankings, however, I do not think that the rannkings are 100% objective and accurate so I seek some opinions from people that are familiar with the universities mentioned.
Reply 1
Assuming the cost for all those 5 programs is the same, I'd pick Durham or Bath, as they have a better name in the business circles than the other 3 remaining schools. Between Durham and Bath, I'd probably take Durham as it is older, a little more prestigious and has a slightly better social network, something that's invaluable for those who want to join in the business and corporate world.
Reply 2
personally, i will choose Bath cause i was in the website of some big IB and in the 3 most known companies in consulting namely Boston consulting group, Mckinsey, Bain and i was little bit amazed cause i saw bath almost in all their listings of targets universities...
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 3
Decide by Head-or-Tail. They are both good.
Reply 4
I pesonally pefer Bath since it is in southen England and it is closer to London. However, the MSc in Finance at Bath is a brand new programme and I am concerned how it will be accepted by the business community. Do you think that the overall reputation of Bath School of Management will reflect on all of its programmes, no matter whether they are new?
Reply 5
Original post by metoditzanov
I pesonally pefer Bath since it is in southen England and it is closer to London. However, the MSc in Finance at Bath is a brand new programme and I am concerned how it will be accepted by the business community. Do you think that the overall reputation of Bath School of Management will reflect on all of its programmes, no matter whether they are new?

Fortunately I have heard good things about Bath and planning to apply for the MSc Finance course once the school opens after vacations.... Yes it is a new course as compared to other universities but what I think is the overall reputation of the university being good it should be recognised well.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 6
@ metoditzanov

I have applied for the MSc Banking and Finance in Bath Management as well and I got a confirmation email right after the submission that was saying that I have to pay 50 pounds for my application to be processed!!!! Did you pay that fee??

ps: to be honest, I was really disappointed when I read that email....I have applied to 4 universities(Soton, Durham,Cardiff,Essex) besides Bath and non of them asked me for a 50pound fee just to process my application!!! wth?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 7
Yes I payed the 50 pounds fee before I submitted my documents, it was written on their web site.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending