The Student Room Group

Tips for the getting out the friend zone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rhinger
Dude, I'm so trying that tomorrow night! Loving the idea.

Let me know how it goes killa. *Thumbsup*
Reply 41
Aw right.

Here's my two cents on leaving the friend zone:

-What you said is basically right. You don't have to completely ignore her, but stop going to her. Only respond to her if she initiates conversation.

-Go out and talk to other girls. Flirt with them. Do it in front of her for bonus points!

-When you do converse with her, talk about the girls you are seeing. Mention stuff you did together with them.

-Don't be mean to her. You don't hate her, you're just moving on to bigger and better things.

HOWEVER, here is the deal that I've come across about leaving the frienzone.

- If you do leave the friendzone, do you really think you'll stay out of it? Or is she gonna constantly pick you up and drop you? If you are gonna be developing, or have developed feelings for her, this one will hurt like hell.

- It may not work. You may try to make her jealous, but all to no avail. However, if it doesn't work, don't worry about it. By this point you have flirted and met other girls. See this as a win situation.

And that's it folks!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by ShnnyShiz
The bit about being a jerk is misguided. You don't want to be a jerk, you want to show you have high value. Some ways of doing that involve being jerkish, but that's only a consequence.
Also, drop the attitude. Women are not objects.
You can't really get out of the friend zone once you're in. It's simple, the girl has felt she's already overcome you or "won you over". You've touched on this yourself haven't you? Girls go for challenging guys because they have high value; they have high standards and are not won over easily. She doesn't need to conquer what already has been conquered.
In the end, it's all about these two things. Value and Escalation. Every girl is different, they're people, not objects so the things they value differ as well. Some common value boosters are: having a lot of friends, being in high demand by the opposite sex, knowing where you're going in life, confidence. Escalation is racing the girl through a range of emotions - that is how people get attached. That's all I'm willing to share for now. Treating women like garbage can sometimes make all this easier, but it's wrong, don't do it. That includes lying, manipulation, negs (lowering their self-esteem/value so it comes closer to yours).

What do you mean by it's only a consequence?
Reply 43
Original post by MagicNMedicine
That's proper badass not replying to MSN messages or facebook wall posts, the true hallmark of gangster. :gangster:

Well... I am a gangster blaaad.

Original post by ManiaMuse
I suggest rape.

I like your suggestion.

Original post by Jmzie-Coupe
Let me know how it goes killa. *Thumbsup*

Thanks manz.

Original post by Darcy23
Aw right.

Here's my two cents on leaving the friend zone:

-What you said is basically right. You don't have to completely ignore her, but stop going to her. Only respond to her if she initiates conversation.

-Go out and talk to other girls. Flirt with them. Do it in front of her for bonus points!

-When you do converse with her, talk about the girls you are seeing. Mention stuff you did together with them.

-Don't be mean to her. You don't hate her, you're just moving on to bigger and better things.

HOWEVER, here is the deal that I've come across about leaving the frienzone.

- If you do leave the friendzone, do you really think you'll stay out of it? Or is she gonna constantly pick you up and drop you? If you are gonna be developing, or have developed feelings for her, this one will hurt like hell.

- It may not work. You may try to make her jealous, but all to no avail. However, if it doesn't work, don't worry about it. By this point you have flirted and met other girls. See this as a win situation.

And that's it folks!

I'm normally able to not develop feelings for girls, mostly because I'm not interested in relationships.

And win-win situation is pure win for me. Aye
Reply 44
Original post by Anonymous
What do you mean by it's only a consequence?

Some demonstrators of higher value can also come across as jerkish. In this case, you're trying to show you have high value, not that you're a jerk, but you may come across as one.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending