The Student Room Group

What Do You Think Of Guys Wearing Eyeliner?

Scroll to see replies

I used to think it was really hot. Safe to say it was just a phase.
Reply 21
I don't like it. I'd say it's ok for fancy dress, and that's it.
Reply 23
Reply 24
I'll be honest;

One of the greatest missed opportunities for male beautification was the 1980s.

Why can't men wear make up? I don't mean the full slap like Scouse girls; but eye liner, foundation etc - I think we blokes missed a trick there to be honest, because as society is changing, more attractive girls are going for prettier kempt boys, and a lot of boys could accentuate a lot of their features with a bit of make up.

I do cringe at crossdressing, and the whole Eddie Izzard thing -

But as a straight guy, I can honestly say DAVID BOWIE in Labyrinth is HOT HOT HOT
assuming the eyeliner is put on good, on some guys it looks AMAZING, but on some it kinda looks stupid.
Reply 26
terrible idea. make up is female.....
e.g. Adam Lambert...yes i know hes gay but i still maintain he looks hot with guyliner on.
Reply 28
Unfortunately, I think it just makes people look emo.
Reply 29
Original post by WildStallion94
e.g. Adam Lambert...yes i know hes gay but i still maintain he looks hot with guyliner on.

:yep:

I think guyliner is something only a few men can pull off. Like Adam Lambert and the guy from Tokyo Hotel. And of course Tim Minchin.
Well you decide, A or B:

I think it depends on the guy and how it's applied. If it's very subtle I think it can actually look really hot. What many don't realise is that most male models you see in fashion advertisements and catwalks (who are very often extremely good looking, and not all are gay) wear eyeliner and/or mascara but done in a way that is very discrete and so enhances their beauty.
Reply 32
I LOVE it it would seem. But I think that;s just my kind of thing I like in a guy... same as longer than average hair.
Just look at Tim Minchin, Noel Fielding, Tuomas Holopainen, Scabior (from harry potter), etc...
I'll be back tomorrow to be more analytical. Be excited :wink:
No ta.
I. Love. It.

But I guess the guy has to 'suit' the eyeliner. For instance, eyeliner is a win on the likes of Gerard Way, Jared Leto etc. But if you put eyeliner on someone who looks like Zac Efron or *insert tween star*, it will just look ridiculous.
Original post by i.am.lost
Well you decide, A or B:

kinda eww

Original post by LabyrinthWonder
I. Love. It.

But I guess the guy has to 'suit' the eyeliner. For instance, eyeliner is a win on the likes of Gerard Way, Jared Leto etc. But if you put eyeliner on someone who looks like Zac Efron or *insert tween star*, it will just look ridiculous.

and do you really think the above looks good?
I personally think it can look HOT! :biggrin: But then again, only the right type of guy can pull it off! Idk why but I don't think guys with blonde hair would be able to pull it off but definately guys with brown & black hair could! :wink: I quite like it! If I had a bf who wore it, I wouldn't mind! Just as long as he didn't go overboard cos then I would start to worry lol! :/

I think it suits the guy in the attached pic!! :biggrin:
(edited 13 years ago)
I like it.
Russell Brand, :love:
Original post by i.am.lost
Well you decide, A or B:

:sogood:
Original post by WildStallion94
kinda eww

and do you really think the above looks good?

Oh mother may I?!? Definitely! :biggrin: I have always liked Jared Leto anyway...

Quick Reply

Latest