The Student Room Group

Cambridge 2011 Freshers Chat Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by UnderControl
French and Italian ab initio (then later hopefully Greek)

Are you an international applicant?

I'm from Germany, so I'm EU - I have the home fees. Ab initio ^^ did you ever go to Italy? Very brave of you. It's meant to be a beautiful language though.

You've also applied to Durham and Bath as well :tongue:
Durham hasn't gotten back to me yet. :angry: How long did Bath take to update track? I got the offer letter in November, but it just says I've been accepted, and nothing else. No changes to Track yet either. :rolleyes: Will that be your back-up?
Reply 621
Original post by The_Special_1
i was pooled by st.johns for math and just recieved an e-mail by christ giving me an offer!!!

I was unaware Christ's really took people through the pool that often, so you must be special. You've made it into a BETTER college! How does that feel?
Original post by Lyam
I was unaware Christ's really took people through the pool that often, so you must be special. You've made it into a BETTER college! How does that feel?

honestly i still can't believe it...its like a dream come true for me:biggrin:
I got an offer from Christs for maths too!! what STEP result did they ask for ? they want a 1 from me :frown:
Original post by The Duncanator
I got an offer from Christs for maths too!! what STEP result did they ask for ? they want a 1 from me :frown:

i needed A*AAA and 11 in step 2+3, gona work sooo hard, i guess i'll see u there next year:biggrin:
Hi, I've applied for English at Clare college but I haven't heard anything back yet (by letter or by email). Lots of people have found out whether they're in/out/pooled but I'm still in limbo. Should I be worried?????? :s
Original post by Synthesizer101
Haha thank you very much kind sir!! The same to you too :smile: I'm going to study MML German with ab initio Russian ^_^ how about yourself?

OMG this neeeeds to be done!! Haha Selwynites :biggrin: sounds like some kind of volcanic rock, Don't think i understand the Gryffindors thing though :/

Is this the college where both of you applied or were you guys pooled?

Aaah! The facebook group is genius :biggrin: You volunteering to make it? :tongue:
I applied to Selwyn originally (cos if I had been pooled, medicine interviews would still be taking place this week) :smile: although I think that loads of people have been pooled there this year?
Original post by The_Special_1
i needed A*AAA and 11 in step 2+3, gona work sooo hard, i guess i'll see u there next year:biggrin:

least i'm not the only one still :frown: not looking forward to STEP though !!!
Original post by Becca :)
Yus! Exactly the same! aaargh, I'm so excited haha
When did you have your interview?! I think mine was 14th but it all seems such a long time ago now!

Mine was on the 7th! I didn't know interviews went to the 14th
It seems like only yesterday for me - I was replaying the whole interview in my head and scrutinising my answers every night until I got my offer :tongue:
So pleased (and a bit surprised)!

Congrats, fellow law applicants
Reply 629
Original post by somethin.g

anybody here form Germany with conditional offers of the Abitur? how do they compose the "final abitur grade of 14" they're looking for? all four terms and the written exam (any proportioning)?
Original post by iamholbine
Hi, I've applied for English at Clare college but I haven't heard anything back yet (by letter or by email). Lots of people have found out whether they're in/out/pooled but I'm still in limbo. Should I be worried?????? :s

Oooh that sounds strange! Have you tried ringing them? They sometimes give out decisions over the phone :smile: good luck!
Original post by tessfoley
Oh no, that's really early mine don't start for 2 weeks :smile: are yours A2s ?

Those are AS units for my Fmaths, S1 and S2. That's because my school do whole A-level maths in AS, whole A-level Fmaths + AS Fmaths Additional in A2
Just been called for a PPS interview at Sidney Sussex next monday, was pooled by Jesus - by phonecall - "we're enthusiastic about your application" :biggrin:
Original post by TheMeister
Just been called for a PPS interview at Sidney Sussex next monday, was pooled by Jesus - by phonecall - "we're enthusiastic about your application" :biggrin:

Ahhhh how exciting, well done :biggrin:
Reply 634
Original post by somethin.g
Mine was on the 7th! I didn't know interviews went to the 14th
It seems like only yesterday for me - I was replaying the whole interview in my head and scrutinising my answers every night until I got my offer :tongue:
So pleased (and a bit surprised)!

Congrats, fellow law applicants

Ah ok :smile: I don't think they were meant to because when I checked the website before getting my interview it said they were 6th-9th - maybe they just had a lot more applicants than they expected!!
Mine's a bit of a blur to be honest haha
Congratulations to you too! Will hopefully be seeing you in October...just got to get that A*AA first...
Reply 635
Original post by TheMeister

Brilliant news! You'll not be far from me!

I wish you all the best!
Original post by Lyam
Brilliant news! You'll not be far from me!

I wish you all the best!

Thank you :smile:
I'm waiting to get my offer letter specifying the conditions (I was told by phone) from Peterhouse, and I'm worrying now it might be a nasty STEP or AEA distinction offer, just because I'm lazy and it will mean so much more work.. A friend got an offer for Natural Sciences at Peterhouse and his offer includes 1's in STEP 2 and 3 which is so harsh, I would struggle with STEP 2, and there's no chance I'd get a 1 in STEP 3..
Reply 638
Original post by CountDuckula
Hey fellow Selwyn-ians!

Nope, haven't seen any Land Economy peeps about...I'm for medicine :smile:

Mmm..this college is looking to be quite the popular choice :tongue:

Congrats on getting your offers!! :smile:

I was pooled there. :biggrin:
Reply 639
Anyone here who attended interviews at Homerton on the 14th of December? Hope I'm not alone.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending