The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by magichearts
Random question...don't really know where to post it and I don't think it warrants its own thread. How important are publications for applications for not only F1 but also ST? Does it really give you loads of "brownie points"? I'm not planning to do a BMedSci due to possible Visa issues with the new immigration thing, so I was wondering if it is really worth it for me to work hard and try and get something published to make up not doing a BMedSci. I'm also hoping to do Orthopaedic Surgery in the future so I know it is competitive and I'll need an outstanding CV. Hopefully someone can answer this.

Thanks in advance. :smile:

The thread by Jamie about specialty training is stickied at the top of the forum and has some info on this. Google "person specification" and the name of the specialty in which you're interested and you should get in the direction of some specialty-specific info.

Short answer is yes, they do count towards your score for all the specialties I've looked at.
A medics meet would be awesome.
Reply 502
I suggest somewhere North!
Reply 503
London :colone:
Norwich :p:
Finals in 15 hours - what shall I learn?
Reply 506
Original post by Huw Davies

Very very best of luck!

Unless you've missed something of grave importance - don't learn anything new - I'd say going through the most basic things again but ensuring you really do know it off by heart.
Original post by lekky
I suggest somewhere North!

Original post by Woody.

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Norwich :p:

Nottingham. It's right in the middle. :awesome:
Reply 509
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Nottingham. It's right in the middle. :awesome:

Excellent suggestion. Completely unbiasedly I suggest sometime during the easter holidays :cool:
Easter hols. Clearly needs to be somewhere on the East Coast mainline. I'm not stupid enough to suggest that anyone venture up to Deen :tongue:

good luck!!
Original post by Becca-Sarah
Easter hols. Clearly needs to be somewhere on the East Coast mainline. I'm not stupid enough to suggest that anyone venture up to Deen :tongue:

If they came here, I could find some budget for a 'conference'. :colone:
Original post by ThisLittlePiggy
If they came here, I could find some budget for a 'conference'. :colone:

Me likey. Presidency has more perks than just all the fawning ladies, then? :tongue:
Reply 514

Illicit drugs & Phaeos..!

You may have seen that recommendation on your news feed already though. :tongue:
Reply 515
Original post by Woody.

:ditto:

When are the Easter holidays? Wonder if A&E will have stolen my life...
Omg, I never knew inputting graphs into Excel and wanting confidence intervals was so tiresome!

I've got 20 to do - blehhhh
I have 6 whole weeks of Easter :party:
Reply 518
6 weeks? :mad: very jealous!
Original post by Hygeia
6 weeks? :mad: very jealous!

It's cos we're supposed to have a 2 week summer holiday before starting 4th year, but if I intercalate I get a full July-September holiday too :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending