The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone know any good mindmapping freeware? All the torrents of imindmap I can find are evaluation only copies, which is pants because now I've had a play with it, I like it. I don't want it to stop working in 8 days :frown: I like the pretty colours.... However, I don't like it enough to pay £50 for it.
Original post by i'm no superman
AFRO is awesome. I would use it but I'm too wired into using SAFMAF now. :frown:

How are you anyway? RAG is approaching at George's... :colone:

I got taught about AFRO last year by a finalist at BL, and was like "OMADAYS, thats awesome!"

I'm good. Just a little busy at the moment with rehearsals for everything I signed up for this year happening literally at the same time. I have like 4 different rehearsals this evening which is a little stressful. And I haven't been home before 10pm for the last 2.5 weeks. But meh. It's a little scary how I know my drama lines more than any neuro we've done this term. This is actually true. FAIL. What about you? How's Tooting? What's popping?

Oh when's your RAG week? Last year we all had ours pretty close to each other (and we went last) so people were really pissed off by the time we were out. :p: And I think RUMS had theirs the same week as us. :mad2:

I might stay in and do more office work this year though - I fear Londoners probably recognise my face the number of times I was out last year!

What's your theme?

Oh I'm actually quite excited now! So many memories from last year just came rushing through my head!
Original post by ilovehotchocolate
Anyone know any good mindmapping freeware? All the torrents of imindmap I can find are evaluation only copies, which is pants because now I've had a play with it, I like it. I don't want it to stop working in 8 days :frown: I like the pretty colours.... However, I don't like it enough to pay £50 for it.

This is pretty good. :smile:
Original post by Onychophagia
This is pretty good. :smile:

Thank you :smile:
"Please rate some other members before rating this member again." grr...
SSC progress so far today - turned on laptop, decided on music to blast out. Nice.
SSS presentation tomorrow :sad: And OSCE the day after. Fun fun fun!
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
SSS presentation tomorrow :sad: And OSCE the day after. Fun fun fun!

what is the OSCE out of interest?
Original post by John Locke

what is the OSCE out of interest?

You mean what is the exam? Or what each station is?
Reply 548
I'm trying to make myself look good in an application for a ten week BSc placement in Tokyo - does anyone have any ideas please?
Original post by Woody.
Spectacular anatomy videos for anyone who wants them!

thank yoou! i got my colouring book in the post today, i feel like such a kid :biggrin:
Original post by Medicine Man
I got taught about AFRO last year by a finalist at BL, and was like "OMADAYS, thats awesome!"

I'm good. Just a little busy at the moment with rehearsals for everything I signed up for this year happening literally at the same time. I have like 4 different rehearsals this evening which is a little stressful. And I haven't been home before 10pm for the last 2.5 weeks. But meh. It's a little scary how I know my drama lines more than any neuro we've done this term. This is actually true. FAIL. What about you? How's Tooting? What's popping?

Oh when's your RAG week? Last year we all had ours pretty close to each other (and we went last) so people were really pissed off by the time we were out. :p: And I think RUMS had theirs the same week as us. :mad2:

I might stay in and do more office work this year though - I fear Londoners probably recognise my face the number of times I was out last year!

What's your theme?

Oh I'm actually quite excited now! So many memories from last year just came rushing through my head!
It's good that you're still involved and busy in student activities...etc. I've certainly toned it down this year. So what are you rehearsing for? Revue? A musical?

I think RAG fortnight is happening the first two weeks after exams so mid-Februaryish. Really looking forward to it! Not sure of the theme as of yet but I'll let you know when I do.

Tooting's not bad. It's stressful to know that the written exam in a few weeks will be 2/3 based on semester 3 (MSS/neuro) and 1/3 based on semesters 1 + 2 (basically every system in the body). I'm almost done with semester 3 revision leaving me just over a week to cram everything I learned in first year. Reckon it's possible lol? I'm hoping I'll be able to blag my way through psychology, sociology and all the models/theories thrown in too. Because knowing the specific, patterning and gate control theory of pain is going to make me become a better doctor. Load of *******s. :p:
You mean what is the exam? Or what each station is?

i know what an OSCE in general is :tongue: i meant on what topic but by the sounds of it you have more than one (!)
i know what an OSCE in general is :tongue: i meant on what topic but by the sounds of it you have more than one (!)

Well we have one per module and then one at the end of each year.

And for this module, I have 6 stations:

- Blood Pressure
- TPR
- Consultation Skills
- Logbooks
- BLS
- Urinalysis/Handwashing

:smile:
Intro to dissection today, only a short session but I did get to do some cutting. :awesome: So much to do now though. We get assessed after every session in the DR.
Consultation Skills
Bah consent. :pierre:

Bah consent. :pierre:

Eh?
Eh?
Ah just remembering a station I had in my first ever OSCE. Disastrous doesn't quite fit it! :p:
Reply 557
Ranking jobs is so tiresome. Ranking jobs in a deanery you only vagulely know is interesting. "I like the seaside and ice cream" are some of the more childish reasons for picking places.

I'm so done with medical school now.
Well we have one per module and then one at the end of each year.

And for this module, I have 6 stations:

- Blood Pressure
- TPR
- Consultation Skills
- Logbooks
- BLS
- Urinalysis/Handwashing

:smile:

i seeeee! crazy timesss, glad i don't have that :p:. have you done renal phys already (ref: urinalysis)?
i seeeee! crazy timesss, glad i don't have that :p:. have you done renal phys already (ref: urinalysis)?

No not all. It's just dipsticking - not looking at Na/K etc etc.

Just diabetes/starvation/infection etc :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending