The Student Room Group

Glasgow Medicine Applicants 2011

Scroll to see replies

Hi all
My interview is on Monday. It has been a long 9 weeks waiting for it but looking forward to it now. Just hoping I do well. We shall see. good luck to all with interviews next week and beyond.
E.
Reply 1041
Original post by sweetchilli
Hi all
My interview is on Monday. It has been a long 9 weeks waiting for it but looking forward to it now. Just hoping I do well. We shall see. good luck to all with interviews next week and beyond.
E.

Good luck! You will do well I'm sure.

Px
Original post by AuldYin
Good luck! You will do well I'm sure.

Px

Thanks. :smile:
Just got back from my interview. I actually came out pleased and smiling thinking I did alright, but now I see this is the norm for Glasgow!

Had to nice ladies thankfully, was dreading the prospect of good cop/bad cop! Though sometime in March before we hear back, that's gonna feel like ages =(

Did anyone else ask any questions at the end of the interview?

Good luck Sweetchilli, I'm sure you'll ace it ^.^
Original post by Lost Time
Just got back from my interview. I actually came out pleased and smiling thinking I did alright, but now I see this is the norm for Glasgow!

Had to nice ladies thankfully, was dreading the prospect of good cop/bad cop! Though sometime in March before we hear back, that's gonna feel like ages =(

Did anyone else ask any questions at the end of the interview?

Good luck Sweetchilli, I'm sure you'll ace it ^.^

Sounds like a good interview! :smile: Where else have you applied and what is your 1st choice?

Thanks for the luck! :biggrin:
Sounds like a good interview! :smile: Where else have you applied and what is your 1st choice?

Thanks for the luck! :biggrin:

Thanks, also applies to Aberdeen (not heard back from those lazy asses), Edinburgh (glad I've not heard back from those lazy asses!), Dundee (had an interview, waiting for response).

First choice would be Aberdeen since I live there and would be a real money saver!

How are the rest of your applications going? I believe I've seen you on other med school's threads saying Glasgow is your last one but I hope this is wrong! Even though it wouldn't matter anyway when you get your offer from Glasgow :wink: is it your first choice?
Thanks, also applies to Aberdeen (not heard back from those lazy asses), Edinburgh (glad I've not heard back from those lazy asses!), Dundee (had an interview, waiting for response).

First choice would be Aberdeen since I live there and would be a real money saver!

How are the rest of your applications going? I believe I've seen you on other med school's threads saying Glasgow is your last one but I hope this is wrong! Even though it wouldn't matter anyway when you get your offer from Glasgow :wink: is it your first choice?

Hi Lost Time

Have still to hear from Aberdeen but rejected from Dundee and Newcastle. Glasgow is my 1st choice for the same sort of reasons as yourself. Other half works offshore so Aberdeen would be fine too although wouldn't have as many family and friends to call upon for babysitting duties. Best of luck getting Aberdeen then. Will keep an eye out for your offer announcement! :smile:
Reply 1047
Hi Lost Time

Have still to hear from Aberdeen but rejected from Dundee and Newcastle. Glasgow is my 1st choice for the same sort of reasons as yourself. Other half works offshore so Aberdeen would be fine too although wouldn't have as many family and friends to call upon for babysitting duties. Best of luck getting Aberdeen then. Will keep an eye out for your offer announcement! :smile:

Good luck!! :biggrin:
Hi Lost Time

Ahh, I'm glad you still have Aberdeen :biggrin:

And also that you got your interview for your first choice :smile:

Thanks for the luck and of course the same to you for Glasgow. Do your best! :biggrin:
Hi all
Had my Glasgow interview this morning. Felt it went very well and the 2 male Drs were lovely and friendly. Most of the questions I was asked I had anticipated. I felt I could not have done any better so happy with that. Mid-March for the outcome so not long to wait for their decision.
Hi all
Had my Glasgow interview this morning. Felt it went very well and the 2 male Drs were lovely and friendly. Most of the questions I was asked I had anticipated. I felt I could not have done any better so happy with that. Mid-March for the outcome so not long to wait for their decision.

That's fantastic, glad everything went well :biggrin:

Yeah, they ask a lot of the usual questions which thankfully makes it easier to prepare :smile: Though apparantly a friend of the guy who's interview was before me was asked to "describe the colour red" :s-smilie:
Reply 1051
Original post by danman14
I've been wondering this as well.:confused: During the open day tour the guy said that decisions were based purely on interview performance, but i'm still not too sure.

Lekky? care to help out :rolleyes:

I think it's purely interview
Reply 1052
That's fantastic, glad everything went well :biggrin:

Yeah, they ask a lot of the usual questions which thankfully makes it easier to prepare :smile: Though apparantly a friend of the guy who's interview was before me was asked to "describe the colour red" :s-smilie:

pretty sure that's bull****
Reply 1053
got my interview next week :P

Just wondering...do glasgow usually ask any ethical questions?
Original post by larry000

for me it was mainly ps based and one question where I was free to talk about any ethical concern a doctor might face.
Reply 1055
Original post by larry000

:no:
Reply 1056
Original post by lekky
I think it's purely interview

How can they possibly get rid of 350 people like that when it sounds similar for everyone?
Reply 1057
Original post by phill232
for me it was mainly ps based and one question where I was free to talk about any ethical concern a doctor might face.

please withdraw so i'll get in? LOL
Original post by dmz
please withdraw so i'll get in? LOL

:confused: lmao hell no glasgow is my first choice. Looking back over my interview im certain ive ended my chances any therefore i doubt itll make any difference whether i stay in.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 1059
Original post by phill232
:confused: lmao hell no glasgow is my first choice. Looking back over my interview im certain ive ended my chances.

Lol, i doubt it's going to be down to one person if they'll accept or reject me anyway. Really? How? Everyone seems to feel same way about it except for one person convinced she did really bad and did no preparation

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending