The Student Room Group
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website

Staffordshire 2011 Replys/offers?

Just curious has anyone heard back from Staffordshire at all this year?
Any interviews or offers or acknowledgements? If you have any of these when did you apply?
I haven't had an acknowledgement at all this year even though I know not all university's give them out, has anyone else had one?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Ive got an interveiw for the paramedical science foundation degree on the 21st on jan sent it off in november
Staffordshire University
Stoke-on-Trent
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi i applied for Childrens Nursing, think i sent off in November - must of been. Heard off all my other places - havent even got an acknowledgement from here :| your not the only one. x
Original post by robynkariss
Hi i applied for Childrens Nursing, think i sent off in November - must of been. Heard off all my other places - havent even got an acknowledgement from here :| your not the only one. x

I'm in my gap yr now & so the whole application process for me happened during 2009/2010. I had my UCAS application form sent off by the end of Oct 2009 as the lecturers really pressurised us to have it done & sent off! I remember that I heard back from Staffordshire Uni either in Dec 2009 or Jan 2010 with an interview date for mid to late Feb. I also applied for Children's Nursing!

In the end, I did get a conditional offer from them & then an unconditional offer once I had met the entry requirements (of course once I had received my A level results in Aug!!). So I'll be going there in Sept! Can't wait! :smile:
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
I'm in my gap yr now & so the whole application process for me happened during 2009/2010. I had my UCAS application form sent off by the end of Oct 2009 as the lecturers really pressurised us to have it done & sent off! I remember that I heard back from Staffordshire Uni either in Dec 2009 or Jan 2010 with an interview date for mid to late Feb. I also applied for Children's Nursing!

In the end, I did get a conditional offer from them & then an unconditional offer once I had met the entry requirements (of course once I had received my A level results in Aug!!). So I'll be going there in Sept! Can't wait! :smile:

:smile: I'm alot more at ease knowing that it's more likely just the university taking forever although I do need to know soon so i can tell my current accommodation i don't need the room next year.
Reply 5

Ohh good, haha - was thinking of phoning but ill just wait now thanks :smile:
and well done on getting the place, maybe ill see ya there :wink: ahah x
Reply 6
Yeah, I'm in kinda the same pickle. I've put forward an amended application for Games Programming and Music Tech joint degree after they told me that their GG46 course was not going to be run in 2011. After many emails they have said they have received the application and will let me know soon.

I distinctly remember reading somewhere on the uni website's applicant visit page saying that they were waiting for all the on time UCAS applications (they don't get them all until the 31st Jan this year apparently) so they can give equal consideration for all of them before they send out replies. Of course, some replies might have gone out beforehand to some people; I haven't got any yet because I only sent the form back for my amended course choice only a couple of days before the 15th Jan.

I suppose it's a case of a waiting game here, so long as I know they have received my choice and considering it, I'm OK so far. Just how they will let me know, will it be through UCAS Track? :s-smilie:
Original post by TashieMoto
Just curious has anyone heard back from Staffordshire at all this year?
Any interviews or offers or acknowledgements? If you have any of these when did you apply?
I haven't had an acknowledgement at all this year even though I know not all university's give them out, has anyone else had one?

what course have you applied for? iv applied for childrens nursing and actually just rang them as i havent had any sort of acknowledgements either, they told me they have started the shorlisting process and we should here within 2-3 weeks. hope this helps :smile:.
Original post by Jennifermay4
what course have you applied for? iv applied for childrens nursing and actually just rang them as i havent had any sort of acknowledgements either, they told me they have started the shorlisting process and we should here within 2-3 weeks. hope this helps :smile:.

Hi I alse applied for Children's Nursing but I'm in my gap yr now & so completed the whole UCAS process last yr. I remember I got my application in around end of Oct 2009 & then I heard back from Staffs Uni at the start of Jan 2010 (I think!) & then I had my interview with them at the end of Feb. So it shouldn't be too long before you hear back from them.

Good luck, hope the interview goes well, I'm sure you'll be fine, I mean I got in so I'm sure if I can, anyone can :smile:.
(edited 13 years ago)
Hi I alse applied for Children's Nursing but I'm in my gap yr now & so completed the whole UCAS process last yr. I remember I got my application in around end of Oct 2009 & then I heard back from Staffs Uni at the start of Jan 2010 (I think!) & then I had my interview with them at the end of Feb. So it shouldn't be too long before you hear back from them.

Good luck, hope the interview goes well, I'm sure you'll be fine, I mean I got in so I'm sure if I can, anyone can :smile:.

oooh thanks very much, thats helpfull :smile:. fingers crossed, its my first choice! thanks again :smile:
Reply 10
Yeah I think they're getting round to giving places out now.

I'm going in for my interview on the 23rd of this month. Hoping that it will all go really well and I get in!
Reply 11

Applying for Computer game programming top up, i emailed at the beginning of January and they said they were waiting for all the on time applicants but wouldn't get them all till the 31st from UCAS. So they should hopefully be getting round to reading them :smile: although I shouldn't have to email to confirm they got my application.
Reply 12
Original post by ricb321
Yeah I think they're getting round to giving places out now.

I'm going in for my interview on the 23rd of this month. Hoping that it will all go really well and I get in!

What subject did you apply for? I still haven't heard anything from them :frown: Gunna email them soon and see what to expect.
Reply 13
Original post by TashieMoto
What subject did you apply for? I still haven't heard anything from them :frown: Gunna email them soon and see what to expect.

Me? I've applied for (hopefully) a joint honours in Computer Games Programming and Music Technology after the original course I applied for was discontinued. I got the reply to my interview confirmation about this time last week, I'll be going down for it on Wednesday 23rd of this month. If you've applied for the FCET courses (Computing, Engineering and Technology), they're running interviews until 13th April this year. I wouldn't be too worried at this point, but contacting them is certainly a good idea. =)
Reply 14
Original post by ricb321
Me? I've applied for (hopefully) a joint honours in Computer Games Programming and Music Technology after the original course I applied for was discontinued. I got the reply to my interview confirmation about this time last week, I'll be going down for it on Wednesday 23rd of this month. If you've applied for the FCET courses (Computing, Engineering and Technology), they're running interviews until 13th April this year. I wouldn't be too worried at this point, but contacting them is certainly a good idea. =)

:smile: April is a long time to wait. I'm applying for computer games programming except I'm applying for the 2 year top up cause i'll already have a HND by the end of this year. Already emailed them and got the same reply as always that their sorting through them, I need to sort out accommodation so i'd like to know soon :frown:
Yeah, I got my offer for Law - I applied in October.
Reply 16
Original post by robynkariss

Hi, I have applied for childrens nursing at staffs too. have you heard anything yet, I had a letter for an interview on the 7th march.
Reply 17

Hi Charlotte, I have applied for staffs childrens nursing too. got an interview on the 7th March, any tips would be greatly appreciated and who knows i may be joining you in sept!
Reply 18

Hi, I have applied for childrens nursing and its my 1st choice too.
have you heard anything yet?
I have got an interview on the 7th march.
Original post by niahshw
Hi Charlotte, I have applied for staffs childrens nursing too. got an interview on the 7th March, any tips would be greatly appreciated and who knows i may be joining you in sept!

Hey no probs, you can send me a pm if you wanna ask me any questions. Yeah that'd be cool if I knew a few ppl before I go there in Sept! :smile:

I had my interview in Shrewsbury seeing as I live in Shropshire so it may be a bit diff if you're having it in Staffs. The interview was only about 20 mins long so not too bad. There were 2 women who interviewed me & they asked me q's like why do you want to be a nuse, why specifically childrens, how do you think you'll be able to manage stress, what qualities are needed to be a nurse, if there were any problems like an angry parent who would you go to to help sort them out. That sort of stuff. They also asked me about Baby P because back then he was still in the news. They also asked if I had read any of the nursing newspapers which I said yes to, even though I don't really lol! Just the DM! :eek::cool:

I can't really think of much else what they asked me. I'm hoping to go to one of the Visit Days in Staffs one day this yr so I should be able to look around the accommdation & find out more info about the Uni & course. Can't wait! :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending