The Student Room Group

First time going out to a club, really need advice

Hey people of TSR. I have been asked by a girl and her mates to go out to a club but ive never been before and I dont know what to expect. I can dance either and fill totally awkward in such situations. How are guys ment to act in a club, just casually "bopping" to the music lol?

Feels kinda stupid but I dont want to make a total fool of myself. It isnt a full out rave club, they have an area with tables ect but they also have a dance floor and im sure as hell going to get pulled up there to dance but im nervous and hell lol :frown:
my advice is. get drunk and just throw yourself in there. best way to learn.

also remember most other people there will be seeing/remembering everything through an alcohol haze, so even if you act like an idiot nobody's going to remember
(edited 13 years ago)
just act natural, if girls start grinding etc., then grind back....if they look like they want more, give them more

just let the music flow, and if you're feeling brave, pull out some killer moves :biggrin:
just act natural, if girls start grinding etc., then grind back....if they look like they want more, give them more

just let the music flow, and if you're feeling brave, pull out some killer moves :biggrin:
Reply 4
Get drunk/high, dance a bit, hit on girls. That's all clubs are there for, really.
The Running Man is always a good starting move. Then you can casually progress into the Robot and eventually just flail your limbs about.
Reply 6
Make sure you have a few drinks beforehand, not so much that you're drunk, but enough to make you (for lack of a better word) tipsy (I despise that word) so you feel less self conscious and start to have fun.
Original post by Davey1
Hey people of TSR. I have been asked by a girl and her mates to go out to a club but ive never been before and I dont know what to expect. I can dance either and fill totally awkward in such situations. How are guys ment to act in a club, just casually "bopping" to the music lol?

Feels kinda stupid but I dont want to make a total fool of myself. It isnt a full out rave club, they have an area with tables ect but they also have a dance floor and im sure as hell going to get pulled up there to dance but im nervous and hell lol :frown:

just go with the flow, have a pint or two, don't get completely drunk at first, a night out at a club is too unpredictable to know what will happen
Get wasted. Clubbing can be awkward as hell if you don't want to be there, especially if you're going to be forced into dancing. Lack of inhibition is good way of counter-acting that.
Reply 9
Get drunk and go with it. Have a few pre-drinks? So when you get there, you're already kind of loose?
Reply 10
Get drunk and copy people
Chances are you will be challenged to a dance-off and forced to the middle of the floor whilst the rest of the club passes judgement.
Reply 12
Get drunk, touch boobs, get slapped, get thrown out of the club, go home. My history, mate.
Reply 13
lol some good advice :smile: I think the reason why i'm mostly finding it difficult is cos im going to be the only guy going with 5 girls -_- wouldnt be that much of an issue if I was going with a fre lads lol
Reply 14
Original post by Davey1

Alcohol: the best solvent for dancing-related anxiety.
It's not really as bad as make it mate, get drunk and get on the dance floor and get with it.

Clubs are not fulled with loads of good dancers, so dont worry. Everyone's just pished.
Reply 16
Don't wear white shoes that you like.
Original post by Davey1
lol some good advice :smile: I think the reason why i'm mostly finding it difficult is cos im going to be the only guy going with 5 girls -_- wouldnt be that much of an issue if I was going with a fre lads lol

The ones with just girls rather than mixed largely tend to be better nights as far as most guys seem to be concerned. Not in a more chance to pull sort of way or anything, just how everyone acts with each other, it does change a lot depending on the makeup of the group.

Though as the only guy, be prepared to be phony boyfriend if there's any really creepy guys any of them need to get rid of.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending