The Student Room Group

Student Finance website down?

Last weekend, the Student Finance website said that they were down for maintenance over the weekend (had something like 'until 13 February' on it). Since then, it just says 'Our websites are currently unavailable'.

I've heard that some people have got on to do it, just wondering why I can't seem to do myself... I've tried it on a couple of different browsers, and also at home and at work and it's not working at all...

This is more a rant than anything else - anybody know when it's likely to be back up again?
I applied online for my year 3 finance Monday last!

Clear all your cookies.
Reply 2
The site was up a couple of weeks ago, but I hadn't finalised my choices then so couldn't do it. Since I've done that I haven't been able to access the site - last weekend it said it was down for maintenance and gave a date, then post that date, it's just said it's down with no date.

Work computers are set to clear cookies whenever a user logs off and I've got it set on my computer (when I use Firefox at least) that it only keeps cookies for a session (except on a couple of manually-specified websites) so I doubt it's a cookie issue.
Reply 3
I applied for my second year finance last week. Are you a returning student or are you applying for your first year of funding?
Reply 4
First year.

Which day did you apply on? (just curious - I did check the website every day last week...)
Reply 5
Original post by fairysdad
First year.

Which day did you apply on? (just curious - I did check the website every day last week...)

Tuesday. If you're a new student, then you can't apply for funding until 16th March. The applications are only open for returning students at the moment.
Reply 6
Original post by Gemini92
Tuesday. If you're a new student, then you can't apply for funding until 16th March. The applications are only open for returning students at the moment.
Ah, okay, didn't realise that. When I started looking into it a while ago, it said something like 'early February'.

Still, doesn't answer the question as to why I can't seem to access the website - surely they're not so advanced that they block the website to those who are first-time applicants based on IP address?! :tongue:

ETA: Tuesday eh? That would've been the day I tested on a third internet connection at the youth centre I volunteer at...
Try IE instead of Firefox.
They are down today though.
I applied for my second year finance last week. Are you a returning student or are you applying for your first year of funding?

This may sound like a silly question but how do you go about applying for next years finance? I need to but I have no idea how. :colondollar:
Reply 9
Original post by OmicronPersei8
This may sound like a silly question but how do you go about applying for next years finance? I need to but I have no idea how. :colondollar:

Log into your account from last year and at the bottom of the page, above where you can view your application for this year, there's a link to start your application for next year.
Reply 10
Try loading the website, then clicking CTRL and hit F5 on your keyboard.
Use IE at work and at the Youth Centre, and Firefox and Chrome at home...

This is the screen I've been seeing for the last week...

ETA (in reply to Delaney above): That wouldn't work - the URL I get forwarded to is a permanent 'site down' page, so no amount of refreshing will fix it. Also, as said, I also get this message when I visit the site on a computer which has never been to the website before ever (was a brand new computer that I had just set up...)
(edited 13 years ago)
Log into your account from last year and at the bottom of the page, above where you can view your application for this year, there's a link to start your application for next year.

Thank you! :h:
Original post by fairysdad
Use IE at work and at the Youth Centre, and Firefox and Chrome at home...

This is the screen I've been seeing for the last week...

that's what's currently displaying, but it was available at least Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday last week.
Oh well.

Anyway, there's little point me fretting about it now if I can't apply for another three weeks or so...

So much for trying to get in there early!
Reply 15

Do you know when the deadline is for returning students?

Thakns
Reply 16
Original post by zircom
Do you know when the deadline is for returning students?

Thakns

According to this (page 2), if you apply before 30th June then you'll get your money on time.
Click here

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending