The Student Room Group

Maintienance decrease for year abroad

I'm panicing right now a little bit.

I'm supposed to go to Deusto (Spain) next year and my finance has decreased by approx £2k when I was told it was more than likely increase. My household income has not changed and now I have no idea what to do to support myself. Obviously I will be eligible for the travel grant, but I still am approx £2k down for the year as the travel grant is for visa stuff, flights etc.

What do i do?
Original post by maxo2002
I'm panicing right now a little bit.

I'm supposed to go to Deusto (Spain) next year and my finance has decreased by approx £2k when I was told it was more than likely increase. My household income has not changed and now I have no idea what to do to support myself. Obviously I will be eligible for the travel grant, but I still am approx £2k down for the year as the travel grant is for visa stuff, flights etc.

What do i do?

Hi there, I would advise to contact us via Live Chat and the team can check your entitlement for you. Thanks, Karen
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Karen
Hi there, I would advise to contact us via Live Chat and the team can check your entitlement for you. Thanks, Karen

Thanks, where can I access the live chat from the website? Cheers.
Original post by maxo2002
Thanks, where can I access the live chat from the website? Cheers.

To access our live chat select undergraduate and then contact us. From here you will be able to use our live chat service when it is available. 👉 Sign in: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login You can also access live chat via the inbox on your online account.

The live chat function will be available Monday-Friday, 9:00-5:30 this pops up when logged onto your account

Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending