The Student Room Group

Firm and insurance choices for Architecture 2011!!

This poll is closed

To unclutter the thread a bit thought people could tick the uni they have firmed.

The Bartlett 3%
Bath University 4%
Cambridge 3%
Cardiff 6%
Edinburgh 4%
University of Kent 2%
Liverpool University 0%
The Mackintosh 2%
Manchester School of Architecture 16%
Newcastle 7%
Nottingham University 10%
Oxford Brookes 15%
University of Sheffield 9%
UWE 2%
Westminster 8%
Sorry I don't have space for the others, post urs below instead!8%
Total votes: 89
Its getting to about the time when people know where they're going next year to study the greatest subject ever so thought it would be a good idea to make a thread where people can put which unis they have firmed. Hopefully this should allow people to get in contact with people on the same courses!

I'll start:

Firm: Sheffield University
(Unconditional)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Firm: Westmister BSc ( unconditional)
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2
Firm: Nottingham University (Unconditional)
Reply 3
Firm: Oxford Brookes ABB
Insurance: Northumbria BBB

so excited now its all over!
Reply 4
Firm: Manchester - AAA
Insurance: Oxford Brookes - AAB

Now to get the grades!
Reply 5
firming Westminster (unconditional)
Reply 6
Firm: Oxford Brookes
Insurance: Westminster
Reply 7
Original post by thatgirl07
Firm: Oxford Brookes
Insurance: Westminster

Be sensible and don't pick an insurance with the same offer as your firm.
Reply 8
firm: westminster
Firm: UCL conditional
Insurance: Sheffield, which i know is insane as it is a higher offer but i like it loads and UCL is my lowest offer
Reply 10
Original post by KeyserNI
Be sensible and don't pick an insurance with the same offer as your firm.

Haha, it's too late! Going to go through clearing otherwise. I really don't want to go to UCA.
My Careers advisor said it would be the best thing to do in my situation, I trust her. (although it wasn't a decision I came to lightly!)
Reply 11
Original post by Claireseager
Firm: UCL conditional
Insurance: Sheffield, which i know is insane as it is a higher offer but i like it loads and UCL is my lowest offer

wen did you get your offer for ucl? i went to the interview at least a month ago n still haven't heard anything from them
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by cnov_7
wen did you get your offer for ucl? i went to the interview at least a month ago n still haven't heard anything from them

i had my interview on december 1st and heard back on the december 15th. I haven't heard anyone who has had an offer for all the feb and march intervies yet...
Reply 13
thx well congrats to you and i suppose ill just have to keep waiting (:
Reply 14
Original post by thatgirl07
Haha, it's too late! Going to go through clearing otherwise. I really don't want to go to UCA.
My Careers advisor said it would be the best thing to do in my situation, I trust her. (although it wasn't a decision I came to lightly!)

Very few architecture places open up in clearing, I only saw two last year Sheffield Hallem and Queen's Belfast.

This year is not a good time to not get the place you're after.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by KeyserNI
Very few architecture places open up in clearing, I only saw two last year Sheffield Hallem and Queen's Belfast.

This year is not a good time to not get the place you're after.

:| Last year when I looked, I saw more than that! But I fully understand where you are coming from!
Reply 16
I'm still waiting from UCL but in the case that i don't get in, whats the best place, westminster or kingston?
Reply 17
Original post by piedpiper
I'm still waiting from UCL but in the case that i don't get in, whats the best place, westminster or kingston?

westminster or just don't waste your money.
I'd go with the latter.
Reply 18
Firm: Manchester
Insurance: Nottingham
Reply 19
Original post by ArchiBoi
westminster or just don't waste your money.
I'd go with the latter.

When you say latter it means the last one i said. Therefore defying the fact that you advised Westminster, and telling me to go for Kingston. Also Kingston is not a waste of money, and as a matter of fact has a really good reputation amongst architects.
(edited 13 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending