The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jessaay!
That is a shame. Do you have anymore choices after Barts?

Yeh, Imperial. Not actually applied yet, cos the deadline isn't til next Friday. Figured I'd wait and see how King's went first.
I'm having to think about booking flights to South Africa but the place I'm going to is so ridiculously rural that I have no idea what airport to go to. Confuuuuused.I've never booked flights before. I have no idea where to start.
Ahh I like COOP, older people are lots nicer to students :smile: And they have good stories about the Wars...
Original post by Wangers
Ahh I like COOP, older people are lots nicer to students :smile: And they have good stories about the Wars...

Where at? (hospital)
Was worst module ever for me - I actually cried I got so annoyed about it - thank god for Gen Med and Surgery.
I need some opinion. It's not life threatening, merely gauging whether I need to GSAD.

I had this bite on my neck. A small, papular lesion with an erythematous border that I randomly got one day. Still there after a few days so I wacked on a single application of some 1% hydrocortisone that my sister had for her eczema. A few days later...

I have this 1cm, well circumscribed elliptical, pruritic erythematous and slightly depressed lesion where this bite used to be. I'm not worried about it, it's just itchy and stings a bit if I've gone for a run and sweat's run over it.

Have I just buggered my skin with the cream? :s

Zoomed pic here:

Spoiler

(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by digitalis
I need some opinion. It's not life threatening, merely gauging whether I need to GSAD.

I had this bite on my neck. A small, papular lesion with an erythematous border that I randomly got one day. Still there after a few days so I wacked on a single application of some 1% hydrocortisone that my sister had for her eczema. A few days later...

I have this 1cm, well circumscribed elliptical, pruritic erythematous and slightly depressed lesion where this bite used to be. I'm not worried about it, it's just itchy and stings a bit if I've gone for a run and sweat's run over it.

Have I just buggered my skin with the cream? :s

Zoomed pic here:

Spoiler

My very limited understanding of dermatology is that there's very little you can make worse with steroids (except possibly chronic plaque psoariasis, which this doesn't look like).
Reply 2026
My last clinical attachment is at St Peter's (outside M25) which is kinda far from our other hospitals (mostly West London), so they've given us Wednesdays off since we're supposed to have sports in the afternoon. Win.
Original post by SMed
My last clinical attachment is at St Peter's (outside M25) which is kinda far from our other hospitals (mostly West London), so they've given us Wednesdays off since we're supposed to have sports in the afternoon. Win.

Is that in Chertsey? If so it's the hospital where I was born :awesome:
I'm having to think about booking flights to South Africa but the place I'm going to is so ridiculously rural that I have no idea what airport to go to. Confuuuuused.I've never booked flights before. I have no idea where to start.

I think most of the international flights end up in J'burg or Cape Town so I assume you know whether it's in the east or west of the country? Then you'll have to battle SA public transport system....
Reply 2029
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
Is that in Chertsey? If so it's the hospital where I was born :awesome:

Yeah, nice one. :biggrin:
Original post by Lantana
I think most of the international flights end up in J'burg or Cape Town so I assume you know whether it's in the east or west of the country? Then you'll have to battle SA public transport system....

Apparently we're picked up from the "international airport".
Unfortunately they don't specify which one...

I'm going to an area called Pienaar, not sure whether it's east or west... I should probably check.
Original post by Kinkerz
Tell me about it.

It's such a strange phenomenon, I seem to experience an inverse correlation between work ethic and time to next exam. Bad times.

I think the relationship may be exponential too. :holmes:

Doesn't help that my work load at the start of a module is next to zero in the first place.... :sigh:
Original post by Woody.
Stop making me feel bad :frown:

I bet you're not as behind as me with this module so I'm the one who should feel bad :p:

Not done any work today either. Balls.
Apparently we're picked up from the "international airport".
Unfortunately they don't specify which one...

I'm going to an area called Pienaar, not sure whether it's east or west... I should probably check.

It's in the East, much nearer Jo'burg.
My advice: Rent a car asap, don't get in a taxi or bus. And see if you can get a week or 2 in Joburg general!!
Original post by Smile88egc
My advice: Rent a car asap, don't get in a taxi or bus. And see if you can get a week or 2 in Joburg general!!

More like see if you can actually survive a week or two in Jo'burg to make it home?

I'm already going for 8 weeks to work in a school, an extra two weeks might kill me :p: I think I'm gonna look into doing some travelling before I actually start the project though, anyone ever been to a nice place in south africa before?
I've only really travelled around the west of SA but Kruger is a definite must if you're in the East. If you can travel around more then take the Garden Route down to Cape Town, there is loads to do on the way/ when you get there. The country as a whole is pretty awesome though, you'll have an awesome time :smile:
I've only really travelled around the west of SA but Kruger is a definite must if you're in the East. If you can travel around more then take the Garden Route down to Cape Town, there is loads to do on the way/ when you get there. The country as a whole is pretty awesome though, you'll have an awesome time :smile:

Awesome. Thanks! Will look into it. I wanna see lions!
My lack of good access to journal articles is beginning to get irritating. Intercalating elsewhere just to get a better Athens account sounds more and more useful :p:

If anyone fancies sending me this article, I'd be thankful.
Original post by Kinkerz
My lack of good access to journal articles is beginning to get irritating. Intercalating elsewhere just to get a better Athens account sounds more and more useful :p:

If anyone fancies sending me this article, I'd be thankful.

I tried for you, but got "We were unable to find an exact match to your full text article. It is possible the article is not yet available on our service. You may want to try your search again after following this tip." What was most infuriating about Keele was if you wanted anything in Nature - not exactly the most obscure journal, you'd have to go physically find the journals and photocopy them as they couldn't be bothered to have them online :facepalm:

Latest

Trending

Trending