The Student Room Group

Virginity

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
If someone actually had a problem with your body then in my opinion they aren't worth sleeping with!

You probably see yourself totally different to other people see you, he might look at you and think your beautiful, you just need to see it yourself :smile:
Original post by GdotL
I feel like hugging you! I'm pretty bad too. xxx

Aww, thanks! How do you cope with it?? xxx
Reply 22
Original post by Anonymous
Yes. I am extremely hairy. Probably more hairy than most guys. I have hair on my breasts, stomach, lower back and bum. It's a lot of hair and some of it is quite long and thick. Looking at it makes me feel sick I don't think I could ever get naked in front of anyone.

It says that anonymous quoted me but there's nothing here! Did you delete the post? :frown:
Reply 23
If I like someone, I like them with their clothes on or off. Most decent men would still think you're attractive.
I used to be like you, I hate my stomach... but then I just thought, screw it, I'm only going to live once. Chances are the guy won't even notice or care, and very unlikely he'd comment! I've never had any complaints, doubt you would either, just be brave!
Original post by littlemissm
and guys like confidence!! I'm sure most guys would prefer a confident girl with a less than perfect figure to one who has a perfect body but hates her appearance

what a load of crap, what makes u think that? I hate overly confident, loud and bossy girls.
Reply 26
Original post by anonymousey
what a load of crap, what makes u think that? I hate overly confident, loud and bossy girls.

^^^^ This.

A happy medium is nice.
Original post by anonymousey

I didn't say over-confident, just confident
Reply 28
I think it may be partially down to being so intimate with someone, it never seems so daunting after a drink or two.

I've also been looking into corsets from Ann Summers etc. To hide it. Is this a good idea, as although not naked, still comes across as being sexy? Or is this something that you would advise against.

I know it's cliche, suspenders and a corset, but if it helps, then surely, the guy would be appreciative of it?
Reply 29
Original post by spocckka
Very classy.

Can't rep anymore people today. :frown: Damn!
I sed to think just like you- I hated my tummy, it wasn't toned enough. I hated my thighs, I hated the stretch parks on my hips, the love handles....the list goes on.

But what you have to realise, is that if a guy see's you naked, his mind (if there's any blood left there) is going to be thinking NAKED GIRL and SEX not "oh my god how gross look at her tummy."

Remember, you are your harshest critic.
Well for me it's not really the process of losing one's virginity in the 1st place that is important to me, well, it is, but rather sex in general is a very important thing to me.

I'm a virgin myself, I'm the type that won't have sex with anyone who I don't trust & care about a lot & vice versa. I'd have to really really care about someone to have sex with them & I'd have to be 100% sure that the guy felt the same way about me as well.

Btw no I haven't been in a situation where I turned down sex before because of any insecurities to do with my weight, well I've never actually been offered sex lol, I only turned 18 last month & I'll be going to Uni in Sept & haven't seen enough of the world yet! I myself do have a bit of a tummy & my thighs & bum are quite big, but because these parts of my body are obvious to see whilst I'm clothed I'm sure any person I date in the future will know that I don't have the perfect body so I won't come as a shock to them the way I look when they see me naked!
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 32
Original post by IlexBlue
Can't rep anymore people today. :frown: Damn!

Aww, was it going to be positive or negative?
Reply 33
Aww, was it going to be positive or negative?

Positive!

Oh, maybe I can now...
Reply 34
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
Well for me it's not really the process of losing one's virginity in the 1st place that is important to me, well, it is, but rather sex in general is a very important thing to me.

I'm a virgin myself, I'm the type that won't have sex with anyone who I don't trust & care about a lot & vice versa. I'd have to really really care about someone to have sex with them & I'd have to be 100% sure that the guy felt the same way about me as well.

Btw no I haven't been in a situation where I turned down sex before because of any insecurities to do with my weight, well I've never actually been offered sex lol, I only turned 18 last month & I'll be going to Uni in Sept & haven't seen enough of the world yet! I myself do have a bit of a tummy & my thighs & bum are quite big, but because these parts of my body are obvious to see whilst I'm clothed I'm sure any person I date in the future will know that I don't have the perfect body so I won't come as a shock to them the way I look when they see me naked!

want some sex?
Reply 35
Very classy.

haha, second this!:tongue:
Original post by WJ99
want some sex?

When I meant offered I meant in person lol! Thanks for asking though :wink:, I'll take it to heart!!
Yeah. I don't want to have sex until I feel ok about my body.
Turn the lights off?

Seriously though, if you're not ready you're not ready. I wouldn't have dreamt of taking my clothes off in front of anyone, but when you meet someone who makes you feel like a million dolllars (cheese sorry) you won't care :love:
Reply 39
I guess, and I do try to be more confident, I just don't manage it around guys. And ok, alcohol does help. But that wouldn't be a good thing, being drunk everytime I slept with someone. I do just hope that it does feel normal to be ok with my body when I actually meet the right person :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending