The Student Room Group

What would you think if.. (Pictures included)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by theonelink
*left

No its the right, look in the first picture:smile:
I'd take a double look as it's an unusual thing to see, but I wouldn't find it unnacceptable or disturbing. I'd be curious to know what had happened, but in all honesty your face is beautiful and your eye adds a little mystery, it's nothing to feel ashamed of, it is part of who you are.
Reply 302
Original post by berryboysh
No its the right, look in the first picture:smile:

Nothing's wrong with my right eye. My left eye however.. I lost it to cancer.
Original post by VictoriaG
Nothing's wrong with my right eye. My left eye however.. I lost it to cancer.

Thats terrible, especially at such a young age. I cant even begin to imagine, your so brave
Reply 304
Original post by berryboysh
Thats terrible, especially at such a young age. I cant even begin to imagine, your so brave

It's not a big deal, worse has happened to me, worse is happening to my family, and even worse is happening in the world.
You're actually quite a pretty girl. I'm sure that after a few minutes around you anybody would overcome their initial feelings about your eye very quickly.
Don't worry about it :smile:
Basically... Cancer- remove eye- be given painted eye for x years- become unhappy with painted eye- get clear eye- time passes- post threads on tsr.

sorry but I'm curious, why did you become unhappy with your painted eye?
Original post by Jimbo1234
Because of her eye?
You are aware just how ****ing offensive it is to pretend people don't have disabilities?

I wasn't, why make someone feel like they should cover it up for the benefit of others. Do not jump to conclusions.

With that I am actually going to have some hope that you are not totally ignorant and wanted to have anyone cover something different for your benefit.
Reply 308
Original post by Jimbo1234
Because of her eye?
You are aware just how ****ing offensive it is to pretend people don't have disabilities?

I don't have a disability, so it wouldn't be pretending.
Reply 309
I think you look great. As people have already said, I would probably be a tad curious, but it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
You look beautiful :smile:, the one thing that perplexes me though is you had the balls to put a picture up with your disability, I'm not saying their is nothing wrong with putting it up, It's just I don't have the balls to put up a picture of myself with my lazy eye whereas you put two up as yourself. I'm proud of you, live long and prosper :smile:.
Reply 311
Original post by TheSilentG
You look beautiful :smile:, the one thing that perplexes me though is you had the balls to put a picture up with your disability, I'm not saying their is nothing wrong with putting it up, It's just I don't have the balls to put up a picture of myself with my lazy eye whereas you put two up as yourself. I'm proud of you, live long and prosper :smile:.

Thank you, but I wouldn't call it a disability.
Thank you, but I wouldn't call it a disability.

Forgive me, I didn't know what to call it without offending you or anyone else. Sorry to ask this but how exactly did you lose your eye? Your hair is lovely, if I were a girl I'm sorry but I'd be inclined to steal your hair :borat:.
Reply 313
Original post by TheSilentG
Forgive me, I didn't know what to call it without offending you or anyone else. Sorry to ask this but how exactly did you lose your eye? Your hair is lovely, if I were a girl I'm sorry but I'd be inclined to steal your hair :borat:.

I had cancer as a child which meant they had to take my eye in order to save my life.
I had cancer as a child which meant they had to take my eye in order to save my life.

I can't even begin to imagine how painful that must've been for you. :hugs: You're brave, at least you aren't letting it stop you from living life, I'm happy that I met another inspirational G on this website as well as myself :biggrin:, have a wonderful evening.
You really suit your hair like that, I didn't even notice your eye until I saw someone on about it :smile: so yea maybe some people will notice others wont just do what makes you happy and what you think looks good :smile:
I do have a fake eye, it's just clear because I chose to have it that way.

Im just curious how come you chose a clear eye? I don't know much about eyes but I think I would have got one to match the other as close as possible. To answer the question if I saw you in the street I would simply think 'oh she must have lost an eye' but other than the eye I would assume you were totally normal and wouldnt think much.
Reply 317
Original post by stayfitfreek
Im just curious how come you chose a clear eye? I don't know much about eyes but I think I would have got one to match the other as close as possible. To answer the question if I saw you in the street I would simply think 'oh she must have lost an eye' but other than the eye I would assume you were totally normal and wouldnt think much.

The eye that 'matched' my real eye basically made me feel ugly, went into a bit of a depressive state, low self esteem, until I stopped wearing my eye after an op for a month or so, and felt much better, so opted for a clear eye in order to maintain the socket shape.
The eye that 'matched' my real eye basically made me feel ugly, went into a bit of a depressive state, low self esteem, until I stopped wearing my eye after an op for a month or so, and felt much better, so opted for a clear eye in order to maintain the socket shape.

ah ok, well yea I guess its better then. I would have probably felt the same way come to think of it.
Original post by markrush
I wasn't, why make someone feel like they should cover it up for the benefit of others. Do not jump to conclusions.

With that I am actually going to have some hope that you are not totally ignorant and wanted to have anyone cover something different for your benefit.

It has nothing to do with benefiting people, but to do with being realistic and that there are a lot of tits out there who would mock, point, stare etc so maybe doing something about it might avoid many problems as we don't live in a world were most people are nice.

I don't have a disability, so it wouldn't be pretending.

Ok, not a disability, but what would you call it then as it is not what the average person has. Is it purely visual like a birth mark or has it impaired the function of your eye thus making it a disability. :confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending