The Student Room Group

What would you think if.. (Pictures included)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by VictoriaG
Basically I want HONEST and unbiased opinions..

What would you think if you saw me with my hair all swept back (see pictures below) walking down the street

Would you find it disturbing, weird, disgusting, unacceptable?
Or perhaps would you find it interesting, different, refreshing, acceptable?
Would you find it shocking or would you want to stop and stare?
Or would you really not be bothered by it whatsoever.

Feel free to PM me and ask questions.

(2nd picture is for a media project, which is why it's so edited)

Why don't you try a pirate eye patch?

(and what the hell happened to your eye!?!)
Hmmm...

The eye freaked me out a bit, but I still find you attractive. Can't you get a glass eye or something so it's less noticeable?
Reply 362
Original post by iqlu
You look fine. I would be interested in what happened, then I would like to be your friend. Would you like to be mine?:puppyeyes:

I had cancer as a child. And I wouldn't say no.

Original post by Minni04
i had a friend who had it..in her left eye..she has a glass eye..unfortunately for her, they didn't realise she had this until quite late so her false eye is quite small coz they had to completely remove the eye and everything..

loving the hair style btw..beautiful young lady you are (:

Exactly the same happened to me. I was really unhappy with the painted glass eye, which is why I wear this clear one.

Original post by The-Real-One
Why don't you try a pirate eye patch?

(and what the hell happened to your eye!?!)

Cancer.

Original post by imperial maniac
Hmmm...

The eye freaked me out a bit, but I still find you attractive. Can't you get a glass eye or something so it's less noticeable?

I was very unhappy with my glass eye, long story.
Reply 363

What would you think if you saw me with my hair all swept back (see pictures below) walking down the street

Tbf, I would be quite shocked and a teeny bit scared :colondollar: But seeing as you're well groomed and quite pretty, I probably would dismiss it.

It's just that I would be scared if someone came up to me looking rather intimidating and got a glass eye because they got into a fight or something. :frown:
Reply 364
I looked at the pictures, looked at your hair, and didn't think this thread was anything to do with your eye. You look fine (although I think the hair is a bit tall!) x
Reply 365
Original post by grape:)
I looked at the pictures, looked at your hair, and didn't think this thread was anything to do with your eye. You look fine (although I think the hair is a bit tall!) x

I think fine is an understatement - you look absolutely gorgeous and if anyone can't see that because you lost an eye, then they aren't really worth bothering with!

If only I lived near you ...
I've got a lot of scars on my arm and some people get freaked out about them so I know what it's like. If I seen you, I'd be concerned as to what happened but I wouldn't be shocked or anything! You look very pretty :smile:
Not fancy a contact lens? Out of curiosity
To be candid, it might be distracting at first; people are naturally curious, but by no means would anyone I know be offended by it. You're graced with stunning looks and I think it'd make people think twice about judging people on appearances.

Le beau est toujours étonnant.
Reply 369
Honestly, and I appreciate this is probably easier said than done, don't bother yourself about what others think, people in general are absolute cúnts.

I double taked because I wasn't expecting it, I'd imagine that would be most people's reaction. If you get any grief over it I hope you know anyone that would do that isn't worth the time of day.

Fair play to you for having the bottle to put stuff up on here, you look fine for what it's worth, and I'm not one for "Ooh you look amazing!!1!" when people clearly aren't.
Reply 370
I'll be honest and say I'd find it pretty repusling and weird initially.

However, that is no reason to hide it. You should be proud of your body, flaws and all, and shouldn't hide them to adhere to societys perceptions of beauty.
Reply 371
cutie

Ahh, I've seen this photo on TSR before.

Honestly, I guess at first I was a little taken aback, just because it's not something I've ever seen before. But I do think you're really beautiful. You should be 100% proud of how you look. Your hair and skin are lovely.

And by the way, I really admire your confidence. Sadly, I know you're probably always going to get the occasional idiot like that person on the first page who made the comment 'what the hell happened to your eye' (:facepalm:) But it seems like you're a secure enough person to ignore them. I find that very inspiring :smile:
Honestly? I'd probably catch myself staring. I don't know if it'd freak me out, I have a friend with a fake eye and I've never given that a second thought but yours stands out a fair bit more. You look stunning but in more than one sense of the word.

You aren't going to get a representative view from tsr though. We geeks are a nice bunch by and large, the general public aren't so much. If you can put up with the occasional thoughtless comment on the bus or whatever then go for it. I know that's not an ideal answer but unfortunately there are some silly people out there. Sorry
You remind me La Roux you have a similar hair style and look to her (first picture) :wink:
I'd be curious, but would politely avoid staring :smile: I wouldn't think anything of it.
Reply 376
Original post by TheSingingMute
Not fancy a contact lens? Out of curiosity

No, I had cancer and lost my eye as a child.
No, I had cancer and lost my eye as a child.

You look good with your hair up all the same
Reply 378

As below; your face is lovely, and the eye you still have more than makes up for the one you don't.

If you try and hide it, that fact in itself will draw attention to it.

Anyway, like LabyrinthWonder said, go for it. Your face is really pretty - and believe me, I don't say that very often.

Original post by LabyrinthWonder
I think it looks beautiful-definitely go for it!

I have seen your photo before (on TSR, I am not a stalker!!!) and I think you have a beautiful face: so refreshing, unique and interesting. :smile:

Agreed, wholeheartedly.
Original post by GodspeedGehenna
Oh look it's this thread again.

Your issue being? lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending