The Student Room Group

TSR: Almost at the end of the 1st year of uni and haven't found anyone

Keep anon or delete as I know people on this forum.
Bascially, i am quite worried actually. I've never had a gf before and wanted to pair up at uni but I've only found it hard meeting girls and opportunities to get them. Basically, I'm at the end of my first year and am incredibly worried now. If I can't get a girl at uni, how am I going to do it in working life where it's 9-5 and where there is a small amount of people. I feel as I've tried a lot at uni but I'm still getting nowhere.
Help!
Try not to panic. You never know when you might bump into someone.

I didn't have any romantic action whatsoever during my undergrad and postgrad is not looking too promising either, if that's any consolation :smile:
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

I didn't have any romantic action whatsoever during my undergrad and postgrad is not looking too promising either, if that's any consolation :smile:

You was probably butters that's why. Even the most horrible looking girls get action during high school.
Reply 3
Just stop worrying and use the opportunity of being at Uni to start talking to some girls/raise some confidence!
Damn, you stole my thread idea. :frown:
Join societies that have women in them
You've got at least two years of your degree left. Also, a lot of people only start to think about relationships, or relationships with people at uni, in their second year. A lot of people like to be single during the first year and play the field, others are too busy settling in to be thinking about that sort of thing, and others are in relationships with people from elsewhere which tend to end sometime during first year when the distance gets too much. Some people do get into relationships in their first year, but most don't last that long. Also, please don't think that life is over when uni is over.
Original post by TheCurlyHairedDude
You was probably butters that's why. Even the most horrible looking girls get action during high school.

:awesome:
Reply 8

Excuse the lack of vocabulary but what was butters mean in this context? I assumed it meant an unattractive, possibly round(overweight look) face..but then you say even horrible looking girls get action so...it must mean something else. I'm deadly serious by the way.
Reply 9
Original post by joey11223
Excuse the lack of vocabulary but what was butters mean in this context? I assumed it meant an unattractive, possibly round(overweight look) face..but then you say even horrible looking girls get action so...it must mean something else. I'm deadly serious by the way.

Butters does mean unattractive/ugly. So his post is contradictory.
Reply 10
Original post by HumanNature1992
Join societies that have women in them

You can't just join societies solely to meet women! It gives off the wrong vibe and if your not interested it is a waste of a lot of time. I only go to one society which interests me, but there aren't many women. As I've said I'm trying my best. :frown:
Reply 11
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd

What do you think the reason is?

I just can't pin-point it on myself tbh.
Original post by Anonymous
What do you think the reason is?

I just can't pin-point it on myself tbh.

Well in my case, it was a combination of things. Lack of interest from others (aside from a semi-stalker :facepalm: ); lack of interest on my side; being warned off the one guy I did have the hots for (good thing too, in the end); me not making any effort or attempts in that department. I was - and am - too ill for relationships atm anyway. Have to focus on myself and getting better :yes:
Original post by badger-man
Butters does mean unattractive/ugly. So his post is contradictory.

Where's the contradiction?
Where's the contradiction?

I think because you said the reason OP hasn't found anyone was because she was butters, but then said even the worst looking girls get someone. And we both thought butters meant an ugly looking face, "worst looking girls" would probably have ugly faces so..it sort of doesn't make sense.

What's wrong with you?

Just because someone is single it doesn't mean they are unattractive. Maybe they just have really high standards that need to be taken down a peg or two.

It doesn't mean they don't get any attention.
Original post by babygirl110
What's wrong with you?

Just because someone is single it doesn't mean they are unattractive. Maybe they just have really high standards that need to be taken down a peg or two.

It doesn't mean they don't get any attention.

It does. Even during high school, the average looking kids still had girls come onto them lol

Sorry to say
Original post by Anonymous
Keep anon or delete as I know people on this forum.
Bascially, i am quite worried actually. I've never had a gf before and wanted to pair up at uni but I've only found it hard meeting girls and opportunities to get them. Basically, I'm at the end of my first year and am incredibly worried now. If I can't get a girl at uni, how am I going to do it in working life where it's 9-5 and where there is a small amount of people. I feel as I've tried a lot at uni but I'm still getting nowhere.
Help!

Learn pick up.
It does. Even during high school, the average looking kids still had girls come onto them lol

Sorry to say

I said I had no romantic action. I didn't say I had no romantic attention at high school or at uni :wink:

Though of course you're free to believe whatever you like about me :smile:

Sorry to say

Lol :facepalm2:

It just means they have standards!

Although I have to admit, the OP is founding desperate so your theory might be right.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending