The Student Room Group

Would this piercing suit me ??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Agree with VictoriaG, you could really pull off a septum piercing! :biggrin:
And bridge piercing... I usually dislike them anyway so I'm biased, but I don't think you'd look as bad as most people with them as you've got the sort of style that compliments it. But hey, if you want it, go for it. :smile:
I used to have mine done and I loved mine. So if you want it doing, then go for it. It's on your face. You're going to have to live with it. However, this

Original post by ellakrystina
and they leave really noticable scarring...

is true. I've taken mine out and the scars are taking some getting rid of but they are going..eventually. I had mine in for nearly 3 years and I've had it out around 6 months now.
Original post by Catherine13
I used to have mine done and I loved mine. So if you want it doing, then go for it. It's on your face. You're going to have to live with it. However, this

Originally Posted by ellakrystina
and they leave really noticable scarring...

is true. I've taken mine out and the scars are taking some getting rid of but they are going..eventually. I had mine in for nearly 3 years and I've had it out around 6 months now.

Have you tried using Bio Oil at all? Or maybe coco butter?
Which reminds me to dig my bottle of Bio Oil out to help get rid of my old lip piercing scar...
Reply 63
nope, doubt it would suite anyone though.
Reply 64
Personally I think that a septum piercing would look better on you, OP :smile: I think that septums look fantastic, I had one for a day before I ended up being annoyed by just how wonky it was lol... make sure you get a good piercer to make sure that that doesn't happen, no matter what you choose! A bridge piercing could look good, but septum would look better, just my opinion.
I've just saw your facebook photos, and you really need to sort your eyeliner out.. It's scary.

To answer your post, I hate bridge piercings and they generally tend to make pretty girls look average, and average girls look ugly. I also notice that a lot of the 'scene kids' that are like 15-16 and think they're 'well emo' tend to get them. I'd steer clear.
Original post by ellakrystina
Have you tried using Bio Oil at all? Or maybe coco butter?
Which reminds me to dig my bottle of Bio Oil out to help get rid of my old lip piercing scar...

Yeah I'm using Bio Oil at the minute. It's getting rid of my post operative scar easier than this! haha
Reply 67
Hideous.
Original post by Drunk Punx
Cons: Surface facial piercings mean that employers are less likely to employ you.
Scarring in the future.
Apparent high chance of rejection.

Pros: The chances of me giving it to you rise if you get it done :sexface:

In my opinion it looks pretty cool, and I was going to get it myself a couple of years back but I cba back then, and now my line of work means it could easily get ripped out/would be in the way of goggles. Considering a nape piercing instead.

Edit: **** it, you're pretty hot anyway, so you'd get it whether you have the piercing or not :sexface:

In all seriousness, don't let other people decide for you. Just take into consideration that getting a job might be harder plus the high chance of rejection (because it's a surface piercing) then decide for yourself.

More trouble then they're worth. I've had 3 dermals in my nape, all rejected after a year. I give up.. :emo:
Reply 69
I've never thought that particular piercing looks attractive.
Original post by vonwn115
I've never thought that particular piercing looks attractive.

This.
Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo
More trouble then they're worth. I've had 3 dermals in my nape, all rejected after a year. I give up.. :emo:

They do have a ridiculously high rejection rate. Might go for the bar instead of the dermals.
do what you want.

stop giving a **** about others opinions of how you live your life.
I don't like them personally but Nice hair colour
Reply 74
Original post by truthandtragedy
I've just saw your facebook photos, and you really need to sort your eyeliner out.. It's scary.

To answer your post, I hate bridge piercings and they generally tend to make pretty girls look average, and average girls look ugly. I also notice that a lot of the 'scene kids' that are like 15-16 and think they're 'well emo' tend to get them. I'd steer clear.

er ok... didnt ask for ur opinon on my make up , i dont really care wat u think of my make up was asking about the piercing so jog on
Reply 75
Original post by fexysucker
do what you want.

stop giving a **** about others opinions of how you live your life.

ok i was just asking a general question about what people thought , and was going to make my own desion on it anyway even if as they have everyone has said no - i wasnt looking for others approval
Reply 76
Original post by lady zefina
I don't like them personally but Nice hair colour

:smile: thank you glad u think so
Original post by Maddy Hurrell
er ok... didnt ask for ur opinon on my make up , i dont really care wat u think of my make up was asking about the piercing so jog on

I did give my opinion on the piercing. It looks trashy.
Reply 78
Original post by truthandtragedy
I did give my opinion on the piercing. It looks trashy.

Yes u did give me that cheers
I'd gonna say no, because I don't think they add anything positive to anyone's face.

Standard nose piercings would look much better, and less damaging.

I got an eyebrow one done years ago and I'm pleased that the scarring is quite minimal.

Quick Reply

Latest