The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
im joining this thread now...just recieved my bristol rejection so almost certainly game over for me:frown::frown::frown::frown:
Original post by twelve
I can't even think of a witty response to that :frown:

And you call yourself a medicine re-applicant :plz2:
Reply 62
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Hey, I'm still learning! Its a long hard road to success here!!

Thats what we have you experienced reapps for - got to get the party started :biggrin:
Original post by firestar101
Mizzcupcakes, glad to see you on this thread. How is me Futuredoc doing? Any plans arranged for the revenge on bristol.

:colone:
:plz2: she is all mine :fuhrer: haven't talked to her personally yet but heard she's doing fine :yep:
I think I'm gonna prank call them and send them an email with "constructive criticism" next week :colonhash: :teehee:

Penguin we should get off this thread! Now we're keeping em both alive :colone: :ninja: we should at least let them try to fly on their own, I know it's hard to let go of your babies, but they have to fly out the nest sometime :sadnod: :console:
Original post by twelve
Hey, I'm still learning! Its a long hard road to success here!!

Thats what we have you experienced reapps for - got to get the party started :biggrin:

haha too true :yep:

So now the party started I guess I'll leave you lot to get on with it.. I think I'll pop back in september to see who's applying where :yep:

If anyone has any questions then they can PM me :wink:
Original post by MizzCupcakes
Penguin we should get off this thread! Now we're keeping em both alive :colone: :ninja: we should at least let them try to fly on their own, I know it's hard to let go of your babies, but they have to fly out the nest sometime :sadnod: :console:

I suppose it is about time we left :erm:

It's possibly too early, but we can always catch them if they fall :h:

Enjoy your thread people! :flybye:
Reply 65
I'm joining this thread, I got rejected from Manchester yesterday after interview and the rest were all rejections without interview. I'm going to take a gap year and apply again but my mum and dad keep saying I should apply for another science related course. They basically don't believe in me :frown: I'm dreading staying at home for the whole year but there is nothing else I can do.

Anyway, how long did it take you guys to come to terms with the rejection. I still well up everytime I hear someone talk about uni or Manchester.
Reply 66
How was Task 3 of the biology empa, anyone who cares to comment?
Original post by Cheddar
I'm joining this thread, I got rejected from Manchester yesterday after interview and the rest were all rejections without interview. I'm going to take a gap year and apply again but my mum and dad keep saying I should apply for another science related course. They basically don't believe in me :frown: I'm dreading staying at home for the whole year but there is nothing else I can do.

Anyway, how long did it take you guys to come to terms with the rejection. I still well up everytime I hear someone talk about uni or Manchester.

What a shame. It took my daughter a few days to get over it. I think if you get support from your friends it will help. A year is nothing trust me. You will be applying again in a few months hopefully with a better result this time next year. You will see many re-applicants in a similar situation. Get feedback from Manchester and see what went wrong then choose your unis carefully next time:smile:
Reply 68
hi. guys. same situation. can I just ask ,will a pharmacy let you work in it ? how old do you have to be ? fankssssss
Reply 69
Original post by Cheddar

This is exactly how my parents started off - tried to convince me to do something else through clearing :s-smilie:

But they'll soon realise that you won't budge, and that medicine IS what you are going to do - just not as soon as you thought :smile: I'm sure that by the end of the year, you'll be glad that you had to take a a gap year!
Reply 70
Hey guys

I would like to join the thread now after receiving all rejections :frown: its nice to know there's lots of us out there and not just myself!!

Original post by SteveCrain
How was Task 3 of the biology empa, anyone who cares to comment?

Mines on Monday, but from what people at my college have said, it's pretty easy, thankfully :smile:
Count me in!
ughh, just found a while ago, for my last rejection after interview from Liverpool. Horrible horrible feeling.
Have to work superrrrr hard for exams now!!
Reply 72
Original post by twelve
This is exactly how my parents started off - tried to convince me to do something else through clearing :s-smilie:

But they'll soon realise that you won't budge, and that medicine IS what you are going to do - just not as soon as you thought :smile: I'm sure that by the end of the year, you'll be glad that you had to take a a gap year!

Yeah, I'm quite determined so hopefully it won't affect me too much. Now I just have to make sure I get the grades, then anything is possible.

It's actually quite nice to talk to people in the same situation, a welcome break from my friends' constant uni chat.
*waves* Hi! Je suis une reapplicant aussi! Unlike the french, I never surrender. Back for round two!

Have started to e-mail universities about my situation and whether they'd consider my application... Casting my net a little further this year, but not going NEAR liverpool and edinburgh, the bums....
Reply 74
still on page 4?!
Reply 75
Original post by Harbour Seal
*waves* Hi! Je suis une reapplicant aussi! Unlike the french, I never surrender. Back for round two!

Have started to e-mail universities about my situation and whether they'd consider my application... Casting my net a little further this year, but not going NEAR liverpool and edinburgh, the bums....

tbh feels like once you have the basics UKCAT is key. Feels like they're all chatting ****.
Which book have you chosen? I recommend the 'How to pass the UK Clinical Aptitude Test and BMAT' book, it's the one I used :yep:
As well as the practise questions on the website :h:
Oh and you may notice that they recycle questions, I recognised some from this years test that were in the one the year before :yep:

Just realised I don't have to retake UKCat! Reasons to be cheerful!:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Original post by dmz
tbh feels like once you have the basics UKCAT is key. Feels like they're all chatting ****.

I'm aiming to go from 680 to 750 this year... No summer break for me though :frown:
Reply 78
Original post by Harbour Seal
I'm aiming to go from 680 to 750 this year... No summer break for me though :frown:

I've got two yrs to prepare, 750'd be awesome!
Reply 79
Original post by dmz
I've got two yrs to prepare, 750'd be awesome!

how come 2 years ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending