Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
Original post by NottinghamYouth
College: Jesus!
Course: Economics
Offer: A*AAB (A* already got in Maths)

Anyone else got an offer from Jesus?

this is so late
but anyway, i've got the same offer as you for economics at jesus!!!!
:biggrin:
also got my A* already in maths
Reply 1361
Original post by Bubbles2010
haha i cannot agree more!!!

Darned Bikes -_-
But I have the comfort of knowing that next year, I will be one of those manic-people-killing-danger-to-humanity type bike riders at Cambridge, grades permitting :biggrin: Yaaaay!
Reply 1362
Original post by Phalange

So you only have one shot at C3 in June? My teachers said the C3 exam this year was particularly nasty so hopefully in June it will be easier.

Well, Cambridge is nice but I would miss the concerts, resturants, shops, family etc that you get in London :smile:

C3 for edexcel was nasty! One of my friends got 70/75 I think and ended up with 83ums/100!
(this might be C4 though)

And Cambridge is only an hour's train ride away from London for a weekend there if you wish :smile:
Reply 1363
Original post by Jing_jing
xD I hear my friends complain about Psychology ALL the time! Quite glad I didn't take it. Still, geography is a massive waste of time in my opinion and I don't think I've learnt anything either :tongue:

Yep, I'm on OCR though. We did the Jan paper for our mock last month and I did absolutely fine in it. Now my teacher regrets not entering me, but at the time the school though it was unfair if only I was entered and not the rest of the class :rolleyes:

:yep: There are pros and cons to both universities, and in the end it is what you make it!

A2 Psychology is hell. For AQA anyway. It's simply memorising a lot of 25 mark essays :frown: Wish I dropped it when I had the chance! What other exam boards are you on?

Original post by kpatb
C3 for edexcel was nasty! One of my friends got 70/75 I think and ended up with 83ums/100!
(this might be C4 though)

And Cambridge is only an hour's train ride away from London for a weekend there if you wish :smile:

Wow, 70/75 and 83 UMS :eek: High grade boundaries, easy paper I guess. The Biology unit 4 boundaries jumped 13 marks or so for an A :eek:
A2 Psychology is hell. For AQA anyway. It's simply memorising a lot of 25 mark essays :frown: Wish I dropped it when I had the chance! What other exam boards are you on?

Eugh, sounds fascinating ¬¬ I wish I'd dropped geography too!

OCR for everything aside from biology (AQA), you?
Hey, you're the one who was given the offer with the S, right? So how are things going with the STEP?
Original post by Piecewise
Hey, you're the one who was given the offer with the S, right? So how are things going with the STEP?

Badly :tongue: You?
Badly :tongue: You?
Worse! :tongue: So much so that I think if I keep going like this, I'll end-up getting U's.
Reply 1368
Original post by argrao
Hi

Im holding an offer for engineering at St Catharines. :rolleyes:

Are there any other engineering offer holders? or St Catharines offer holders? or even both engineering at St Catharines offer holders? :biggrin:

Also is there some skype group for offer holders going on?? :confused: if so, how can i join in?? :confused:

thxxx :smile:

Hey! Yup, I have an offer for Maths at St Catharine's! :biggrin: There's a couple of us Catz-ers floating around somewhere :smile:
Worse! :tongue: So much so that I think if I keep going like this, I'll end-up getting U's.

:laugh: I'm sure you'll be fine! What do you need? The way FP3 is going at the moment, I wouldn't rule out Us!
Reply 1370
Original post by argrao
Hi

Are there any other engineering offer holders? or St Catharines offer holders? or even both engineering at St Catharines offer holders? :biggrin:

Also is there some skype group for offer holders going on?? :confused: if so, how can i join in?? :confused:

Hey! I'm a Catz medic for next year =)
Congrats on the offer btw.
There's a Catz freshers group on facebook (link on the Catz thread in the colleges bit)
Reply 1371
Eugh, sounds fascinating ¬¬ I wish I'd dropped geography too!

OCR for everything aside from biology (AQA), you?

AQA for everything except Edexcel Chemistry
I like their Maths :smile:
:laugh: I'm sure you'll be fine! What do you need?
Thanks. I need 1, 1 in STEP II and STEP III.
The way FP3 is going at the moment, I wouldn't rule out Us
:rofl: Good luck! I really hope you get that S; they were harsh to you! :h:
Thanks. I need 1, 1 in STEP II and STEP III. :rofl: Good luck! I really hope you get that S; they were harsh to you! :h:

:h: Thanks! I hope you get what you need too, maybe we'll be course buddies next year :biggrin:

AQA for everything except Edexcel Chemistry
I like their Maths :smile:

Oh, I haven't seen AQA maths, it's supposed to be quite nice though!
Reply 1374
Original post by argrao
Hi

re:skype, PM me your email address and i'll add you to the group! we've got a catz lawyer on there, not sure about any engineers though :tongue:
Original post by argrao
Hi

Hi I have an offer for engineering at Pembroke - A*AA with A* in FM and A in maths and physics. What's your offer?
I'm not going onto any groups yet as it may be tempting fate - Pembroke have already sent me so much stuff its going to be really upsetting if I don't make the offer. Just sent off accommodation forms and have questions for engineers to work through the summer.
I hope you get what you need too, maybe we'll be course buddies next year :biggrin:
Indeed! :biggrin: Thanks.
Original post by Got the tshirt
I'm not going onto any groups yet as it may be tempting fate - Pembroke have already sent me so much stuff its going to be really upsetting if I don't make the offer. Just sent off accommodation forms and have questions for engineers to work through the summer.
Same here, haha. Not summer worksheets, though. :facepalm2:
Well, I need A* in Biology and Chemistry. So I got 93 in Chemistry and 88 in Biology. Decided to retake Biology in June in order to try to boost my UMS so I won't need to rely too much on the Unit 5 exam :frown:
Maths and Psychology were ok. I calculated I need 50 UMS in M1 and 70 UMS in Psychology to get A overall in both of them = nice

Good luck though. I've heard of people almost meeting offers but still being accepted :smile:

An A* in Bio AND Chem, eeessh thats not so nice. I got exactly the same UMS as you in both! 93 in chem and 88 in bio, different exam boards though. I was freaking out a wee bit, but the bio isa was aiiite so maybe failure isn't as imminent as I first thought YAAAAY) :smile:
Reply 1379
So is everyone getting accommodation stuff sent to them by their college already?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending