The Student Room Group

Hijab/ religous head scarfs - hot or not?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirac Delta Function
At shiny toy being a size 6 latina model?

Wasn't serious.

Seen. But no OP of hers ever starts without saying the same thing. Call it a running joke. :innocent:
Reply 21
I think the world would be a better place is we were all size 6 latino 24 year old christian models.
I prefer girls in burkhas. Muslim religious coverings are so sexy. :perv:
Reply 23
Original post by *Dreaming*
It's not meant to look "hot", it's meant to be modest and prevent men from seeing them sexually.

I've seen many (most) muslim girls who wear a hijab, but then wear tons of make-up on their face - so why do they do that if they don't want to attract male attention?
Who doesn't get a hardon over a hijab?
Reply 25
I bet if some muslim women saw this thread they'd end up wearing a Niqab or Burka instead. :tongue:
Reply 26
Original post by Anonymous
what is aura?

a distinctive but intangible quality surrounding a person or thing
Reply 27
Original post by Student
I've seen many (most) muslim girls who wear a hijab, but then wear tons of make-up on their face - so why do they do that if they don't want to attract male attention?

Not all religious obligations are easy, especially in this modern, secular world that encourages a worldly, non-religious perspective on everything in life. This includes minimizing limits in social interactions and dictating what our goals are. As 20% of the world population, Muslims are a major part of this secular trap. Some Muslim females may find it difficult to fulfill the obligation of covering oneself in public. Part of the problem lies in the fact that some Muslim females have adopted the point of view that they can please people's eyes by wearing make-up and revealing clothing while wearing the hijab to comfort themselves that they are not denying their religious obligation, but what these girls forget is that the hijab was instituted solely for their benefit and protection. A misconception that some people have is that the Muslim hijab is just the head covering millions of Muslim women wear as part of their religion. The truth of the matter is that the hijab includes the whole body. I am not saying that Muslims women should all go out get burqas; no, what I'm saying is that the idea that some Muslim females have that they just wear a head-covering over their head, and the rest of the body can be revealing is false. The whole body should be dressed in a modest way that conceals her beauty - that is the reality of the Muslim hijab. The hijab also has to do with a person's conduct. So, a Muslim female cannot hang out with 10 guys whom she talks to with a sweet, attractive voice with whom she acts flirty just because she is wearing a scarf and an abiyah.

So, to sum this up, wearing the full hijab, both in looks and in conduct, can be a challenge for all Muslim women. It is also a struggle between what one knows is best for oneself, what the modern, secular world has taught them, and what one desires from the society in general [in terms of attention, etc.]. Some Muslim females forget that the whole point of the hijab is to conceal one's beauty (it is not just a casual head-covering with no implication or purpose). May Allah guide and reward all Muslim females in their efforts to follow their religion and may Allah forgive and show mercy to the shortcomings of Muslim females in doing so. All mistakes I say are from me and all truth is from Allah.
(edited 13 years ago)
The first thing I think is 'Islam' and that for me is a complete turnoff.

P.S. I have never seen a girl wear "catholic head covering" whatever that is ?
Reply 29
:facepalm: that is all I have to say.. or do actually.
Original post by Vampire90210
CLEARLY...who've never seen a nun or a conservative jewish ceremony, Catholic and Jewish women cover their heads.:rolleyes:

I know jewish women do. And yeah nuns do, but the way OP said it was as if all catholic women, as coming from a catholic family, I have never seen any of my female relatives covering their hair.

And I believe you mean you've not who've.
Reply 31
Original post by jblackmoustache
I think it is an interesting valid question.

I know many beautiful girls in Hijabs and tbh I wouldn't mind de-hijabing them and shagging them, but that's just me. What's wrong with noticing a beautiful woman?

I can understand why men see this as hot. It's the mystery of what is under there that is a turn on.

this is kinda what i think.

when i walk around with my head covered i find muslim dudes AND white dudes treat me with alot more respect, they give up their seats for me, carry stuff for me , open doors for me, let me go in front of them etc alot more than when my head is not covered. bear in mind i normally dont show much skin or wear tight clothes.

also i find people pay more attention to me as a person as opposed to me as a woman. there is a difference and i can see that it is empowering to women. normally if a woman is nice looking and talks to other women, the other woman tend to size her up, giving her the once over, then look sour or cling possessively to their partner. whereas if that woman is hijabed/covered and wearing oderate makeup, this doesnt happen. there is more friendship between the women. similarly if dudes talk to a nice looking girl they size her up pervily even if she is in modest dress. but if she is covered they look only at the face and treat you like a brother.
Reply 32
Original post by Riddle Me This

P.S. I have never seen a girl wear "catholic head covering" whatever that is ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mantilla mantilla and peineta

i love this one http://www.headcoverings-by-devorah.com/Adah_BlackScallopLaceMimkhatah4.jpg

At least you're honest instead of making a joke.

I think a lot (definitely not all) of guys would find it a turn off just because it signifies a culture they are not a part of and therefore suggests that to like the girl could have complications they can't be bothered with, such as strict parents, particularly firm morals or other cultural practices.

I'm not saying this is true, although it might be for some people, but it is a common cultural misconception that many will be susceptible to.
Original post by Artemis 97
At least you're honest instead of making a joke.

I think a lot (definitely not all) of guys would find it a turn off just because it signifies a culture they are not a part of and therefore suggests that to like the girl could have complications they can't be bothered with, such as strict parents, particularly firm morals or other cultural practices.

I'm not saying this is true, although it might be for some people, but it is a common cultural misconception that many will be susceptible to.

Its not a misconception to associate Islam with the hijab. I have no misconceptions about it. I would never be attracted to someone wearing a hijab nor would I have look at a girl wearing a Hijab as anthing other than a work collegue or associate etc.

I have never, ever seen a girl wearing one of those.
Its not a misconception to associate Islam with the hijab. I have no misconceptions about it. I would never be attracted to someone wearing a hijab nor would I have look at a girl wearing a Hijab as anthing other than a work collegue or associate etc.

I didn't mean to associate a Hijab with Islam was a misconception, but to presume that a Muslim girl therefore has strict parents and morals etc. isn't always the case
Reply 37
haha. I sense the idea for a new website: "Hot or hijab?"
Reply 38
Original post by Manc990
I think the world would be a better place is we were all size 6 latino 24 year old christian models.

the world would be a better place if more good looking women (and men) respect themselves and see their good-lookingness as a gift from God - they should not abuse it, as i see many do, by:
a) becoming a PUA and bedding then dumping as many girls as possible/cheating simply because they can
b)using their looks to gain money and gifts from rich dudes while they already have a bf
c) string along a tonne of gals/guys to feed their ego and play them all
d) wear revealing clothing to draw the attention of others to feed their ego
e) assume their good lookingness means they are entitled to everything in life to be handed to them on a plate
f) become snobby and stuck up, and look down on anyone they consider not as good looking, including disfigued people
g) bully people who are not as good looking/popular
h) not bother to cultivate a personality, inner morality, spiritual relationship with God because they are too full on themselves, their 'fans' and their looks.
Reply 39
I have never, ever seen a girl wearing one of those.

I think they only wear it when they go church - only a minority. I haven't actually seen anyone wearing it here, but I've seen it at churches in Kerala.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending