The Student Room Group

Homosexuality encouraged in schools.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 320
Original post by Aj12
Its debatable sure. But its defiantly leaning further and further towards biology having a lot to do with sexuality.

Biology and sexual orientation is the subject of research into the role of biology in the development of human sexual orientation. No simple, single cause for sexual orientation has been conclusively demonstrated, but research suggests that it is by a combination of genetic, hormonal, and environmental influences,[1] with biological factors involving a complex interplay of genetic factors and the early uterine environment.[2] Biological factors which may be related to the development of a heterosexual, homosexual, bisexual or asexual orientation include genes, prenatal hormones, and brain structure.

As I have said to some one else, the human species is desgined for men to be with women. That cannot be disputed.

All animals act the same to an extent, you dont see gay sheep or homosexual badgers. In no way are people truely gay, thats my belief anyway.
1. Why would people want to 'teach' homosexuality?
2. How does one even teach homosexuality? Its a sexual orientation which can't be changed...
3. Whats wrong with encouraging the youth to not be afraid of themselves?

Its bull**** propaganda.
Original post by .Ali.
Because they may have a hard time understanding the mental aspects of it as well.

So covering it up and hiding it away from them makes it so much easier to understand? :rolleyes: The only reason they would be confused by it is because it isn't taught to them because of people who think "teh gays are corrupting r youth!"
Reply 323
Original post by T.I.
I normally agree with your posts, at least in part, but being gay isn't biological. Therefor should not be tought about.

So say it isn't biological, there are still lots of things that are taught in school which are not biological. It is what PSHE lessons are for. Homosexuality is not being taught in biology but would be taught in PSHE.
Original post by T.I.
All animals act the same to an extent, you dont see gay sheep or homosexual badgers. In no way are people truely gay, thats my belief anyway.

Well you are wrong. Because you do see homosexuality in animals.
Reply 325
Original post by T.I.
As I have said to some one else, the human species is desgined for men to be with women. That cannot be disputed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals

Never thought I would have to google homosexual Animals.
Reply 326
Of course we shouldn't encourage homosexuality. It is wrong and unnatural. Also, this country should ban gay couples to adopt children.
Reply 327
Original post by Helevorn
I don't think so, because they would probably see their aunts and uncles from a very young age, and understand that different types of family exist.

Of course it would be confusing for the child. I personally think, although you will strongly disagree, gay people should not be allowed to adopt.
Reply 328
Original post by Aj12

In that wiki i couldn't help but laugh at -

'Some pigeons also display fetish behavior and attempt to mate with specific inanimate objects.'
Reply 329
Original post by THEWAYIAM
Of course it would be confusing for the child. I personally think, although you will strongly disagree, gay people should not be allowed to adopt.

Of course i disagree, but i won't argue with you because i doubt you will change your mind.
Reply 330
Original post by morecambebay
Congratulations? Are you still gonna be proud of your ignorance when you have spent 50 yrs cleaning up other peoples piss?

Haha brilliant :smile:
Reply 331
It is quite sad that my post about how Jesus asked us to accept homosexuals, and didn't condemn them in any manner, has been given thumbs down twice.

Not asking for thumbs up; rep on some forum is meaningless. It's just the reason for it is saddening: there are two Christian (or 'Christian') homophobes somewhere here.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Emaemmaemily
But no one teaches 5 year olds about sex, I've seen no evidence suggesting that (and actually, some to the contrary).
5 year olds are taught about relationships, very briefly, and that's something completely different.

5 year olds are not taught about adult relationships. end of.
Reply 333
Original post by silent ninja
There is nothing extremist about objecting to the teaching of homosexuality in schools. Stop trying to sideline any argument with your cheap tactic of buzzwords. Extremist lefties, on the other hand, get on my tits.

Are you the guy that believes incest is ok? (apologies if not, username is similar)

If only extremist muslims and christians have any reason to object to it, I would say it is pretty extremist.
Original post by mathperson
5 year olds are not taught about adult relationships. end of.

Sorry? Yes they are lol...
Original post by Smophy
You have no issue with homosexuality yet you claim it isn't normal :rolleyes:

I do not understand people presumption that educating children of homosexual relationships along with heterosexual relationships would be confusing for them. Do you have evidence or even personal experience of this?

Looking through this thread there are people who had homosexuality explained to them from a young age and are glad that it was. Having a gay uncle I had homosexuality explained to me from a very young age. It was never an issue and I was never confused! I remember explaining to my friends that my uncle had a boyfriend because noone had ever mentioned homosexuality to them. Again this was never an issue as the children just accept it.

What's your point? those two opinions aren't mutually exclusive.

My friends Dad has webbed toes, I don't have a problem that he has webbed toes, it doesn't effect me, I couldn't care less. But having webbed toes, ISN'T NORMAL.
Original post by Stefan1991
If only extremist muslims and christians have any reason to object to it, I would say it is pretty extremist.

Plenty of non-christian, non-muslims are objecting on this thread. There is nothing extremist about objecting to homosexuality being taught in schools. You spend too much time around extremist lefties perhaps? :rolleyes:
The leftist agenda is propagated heavily on TV, but guess what? It's not the only one out there. You should get out more.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by WelshBluebird
So? Many straight couples cannot reproduce either.

:facepalm:

Is that seriously the best argument you can come up with.

People having reproductive defects is not the same as homosexuality.
Reply 338
Original post by Aj12

Pretty much all of that refers to two males rasing a baby.

Im not disputing if gay couples should raise kids, thats a sperate issue.
Original post by konvictz0007
i think another question comes...if you had a son, and he was gay, how would you feel about that as a parent?...

That would be up to him, and I would be fine with that, just as my parents would be if I was gay, but I'm not going to actively promote homosexuality to my child, and neither should the schools.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending