Muslim Model Recieves Abuse For Entering Miss UK

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Annoying-Mouse

Erm, she isn't a Muslim though.

Has Allah prohibited her from wearing such clothes? Yes
Does she believe Allah has allowed her to wear such clothes? Yes

Ergo, she's just committed Kufrul-Istihaal.

http://www.sunnahonline.com/ilm/aqeedah/0038.htm

I think you are wrong too.

That description on that website is very brief.

Also, I thinks its a very questionable interpretation of her actions. She hasn't said its Islamically lawful to wear such clothes. She is just saying she wants to wear such clothes and she should be allowed to in a western democracy.
Original post by Steph90
I think you are wrong too.

That description on that website is very brief.

Also, I thinks its a very questionable interpretation of her actions. She hasn't said its Islamically lawful to wear such clothes. She is just saying she wants to wear such clothes and she should be allowed to in a western democracy.

No, it isn't. It's pretty clear. There are plenty of Muslims who don't wear headscarf. We are all humans and thus liable to make mistakes. However, she hasn't even admitted she made a mistake and goes so far to change the deen to suit her needs. Allah didn't even let Mohamed do this so why would he let her?

"She believes Muslims in the UK should be allowed to have a western lifestyle."

"[I get] comments like, 'You're not a Muslim because you're doing this' and it's like, this competition does not make me a bad Muslim at all."

That's a clear statement. You're clutching at straws.
Reply 62
Well dressing modestly in Islam is mostly for the benefit of the woman. If the woman chooses not to dress modestly then fair enough since it's her own choice and I don't see why others feel the need to throw abuse at her.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Steph90
Wrong.

Committing a sin does not take someone out of the 'fold of Islam' as I have seen it refered to.

You can commit many sins, but as long as you are sincere, ask for forgiveness etc. it may well be accepted.

Also - the only true conditions to be accepted as Muslim is to believe in the declaration of faith. Ofcourse there is lots of other guidance on being a 'good muslim' but just because you break a rule or two doesn't automatically make you a non-muslim.

Further to this - modern day muslims, according to my muslim friend - make a huge deal out of things that aren't that significant in the religion.

This is a prime example. It is more important not to abuse people, issue death threats etc. than being dressed modestly. What she is doing is no doubt a sin in Islam but not as serious as what the abusers are doing.

Another example of this is what is referred to as 'back biting', talking **** about other people. It is considered to 'weaken their belief' and one of hte gravest sins possible. Yet you will see Muslims committing this sin left, right and centre (just like everyone else in modern society), but nobody seems to give a ****?

Any of the above could be wrong in the finer details, but I'm fairly sure the gist of it is correct.

Ah I see. So does that mean I can go out clubbing, drink alcohol, **** everything with a pulse, but it's okay as long as I ask for forgiveness later?
Original post by Hippysnake

Original post by Hippysnake
Ah I see. So does that mean I can go out clubbing, drink alcohol, **** everything with a pulse, but it's okay as long as I ask for forgiveness later?

You're right that she isn't a Muslim but wrong about the reasons. It's not because she didn't dress modestly but because she believes it's permissible for her to not dress modestly.
Reply 65
:dontknow: its her choice. the abuse is really uncalled for.

As for those saying she can't call herself a Muslim, yes she can. Yes partaking in the beach wear part of the contest is contradicting Islamic principles, and thus its a sin...but it doesn't mean to say she is no longer Muslim, thats something for Allah to judge and decide upon.
Reply 66
Comments that are abusive & racist are wrong even in Islaam.

Original post by 7887

As for those saying she can't call herself a Muslim, yes she can. Yes partaking in the beach wear part of the contest is contradicting Islamic principles, and thus its a sin...but it doesn't mean to say she is no longer Muslim, thats something for Allah to judge and decide upon.

Reply 68

I agree that yes it is forbidden to dress like that, but that doesn't stop her being a Muslim. Based on your reasoning you could easily say that someone who bitches about another is no longer a Muslim because back biting is something prohibited in Islam. Whether somone is a Muslim or not isn't as black and white as you make out, and I don't think that website is enough to make such a bold declaration.
Original post by 7887
I agree that yes it is forbidden to dress like that, but that doesn't stop her being a Muslim. Based on your reasoning you could easily say that someone who bitches about another is no longer a Muslim because back biting is something prohibited in Islam. Whether somone is a Muslim or not isn't as black and white as you make out, and I don't think that website is enough to make such a bold declaration.

Erm, re-read what I wrote. You can't deduce that based on my reasoning. My reasoning was that she states it's ALLOWED ergo changing the religion and what's haram to halal ergo committing Kufrul-Istihaal.

6. Kufrul-Istihaal: Disbelief out of trying to make HARAM into HALAL. This applies to someone who accepts as lawful (Halal) that which Allaah has made unlawful (Haram) like alcohol or adultery.Only Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala has the prerogative to make things Halal and Haram and those who seek to interfere with His right are like rivals to Him and therefore fall outside the boundries of faith.

If the person back biting believes back biting is halal they aren't a Muslim. That's my reasoning.
Original post by 7887

this!
i dunno why people are judging her and all we arent the ones to decide god is and yh she may be doing a sin and all but thats not for us to judge...

we arent the ones to judge that she isnt a muslim god is!...i dont think its right what shes doing especially as shes saying muslims should follow the western lifestyle and all but we arent the ones to judge and its her choice i dunno why people are making such a big deal....theres loadsa muslims out there that do crazy stuff but thats their choice and god will decide if its right or wrong not us...
(edited 13 years ago)
Dat islam.
Original post by cool_beans1993
we arent the ones to judge that she isnt a muslim god is!...i dont think its right what shes doing especially as shes saying muslims should follow the western lifestyle and all but we arent the ones to judge and its her choice i dunno why people are making such a big deal....theres loadsa muslims out there that do crazy stuff but thats their choice and god will decide if its right or wrong not us...

You judge a Muslim by their faith. She has committed disbelief. A person can't worship idols and claim to be a Muslim, can they?
Reply 73
Erm, re-read what I wrote. You can't deduce that based on my reasoning. My reasoning was that she states it's ALLOWED ergo changing the religion and what's haram to halal ergo committing Kufrul-Istihaal.

6. Kufrul-Istihaal: Disbelief out of trying to make HARAM into HALAL. This applies to someone who accepts as lawful (Halal) that which Allaah has made unlawful (Haram) like alcohol or adultery.Only Allaah subhanahu wa ta'ala has the prerogative to make things Halal and Haram and those who seek to interfere with His right are like rivals to Him and therefore fall outside the boundries of faith.

If the person back biting believes back biting is halal they aren't a Muslim. That's my reasoning.

:hand:

drop the tone.

In my opinion, I don't think its fair to say that someone is not a Muslim based on that website unless you're Islamically qualified to do so, but even then I think God is our ultimate judge on that one. Lets just agree to disagree.
salaams :smile:
Reply 74
Original post by 7887

drop the tone.

In my opinion, I don't think its fair to say that someone is not a Muslim based on that website unless you're Islamically qualified to do so, but even then I think God is our ultimate judge on that one. Lets just agree to disagree.

He's not Muslim.

Original post by 7887

drop the tone.

Can I worship idols and be a Muslim? Can I believe Mohamed is a false prophet and be a Muslim?
people will probably call me racist for this but was she born in the UK if not i don't think she should be allowed to enter miss UK anyway she's not from the UK

however if she is a Muslim who was born in the UK then she had every right to be in the competition regardless of religion
Reply 77
Can I worship idols and be a Muslim? Can I believe Mohamed is a false prophet and be a Muslim?

No, the criteria for being Muslim is as follows: You must believe that "There is no god but God, and Muhammad is the messenger of God."
I respect islam, but some muslims disgust me. Im christian, and say good luck to her. Its not for us to judge what she does, but between her and god. O
Reply 79
To be honest it is her choice what she decides to do. If she wants to me a model then it's her decision..and who are we to question her?
But as soon as she says 'I'm a Muslim model'..Then there is something wrong because Islam teaches both men and women to be modest..And its quite obvious she has a different defition of Islam..Aah well her decision..Its just sad to know shes misrepresenting other Muslim women.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending