The Student Room Group

Severe bleeding with my coil.... :(

Start by saying this is really TMI sorry.

Okay so I've had the coil in for about 2/3 months now - I have the non-hormonal 5year copper IUD :smile:

Everythings GREAT, I love it as a form of contraception I do not react well to hormone contraceptives so this is my answer BUT, okay it is a massive but... when I come on my period. The amount of blood is unreal. I mean like literally 'FLOODS' whenever I stand up from laying down, I soak through sanitary towels within 30minutes and tampons within 5/10 minutes. I do not know what to do there is so much blood. Sorry couldn't wait to be anonymous don't know if I need to go to the doctor or if this is normal... thanks? :frown:
Bleeding out a lot of blood is definitely not normal - whatever contraception you're on. Go to the doctor.
Reply 2
Original post by secret_geek
Start by saying this is really TMI sorry.

Okay so I've had the coil in for about 2/3 months now - I have the non-hormonal 5year copper IUD :smile:

Everythings GREAT, I love it as a form of contraception I do not react well to hormone contraceptives so this is my answer BUT, okay it is a massive but... when I come on my period. The amount of blood is unreal. I mean like literally 'FLOODS' whenever I stand up from laying down, I soak through sanitary towels within 30minutes and tampons within 5/10 minutes. I do not know what to do there is so much blood. Sorry couldn't wait to be anonymous don't know if I need to go to the doctor or if this is normal... thanks? :frown:

you can get some pills from your doc to lighten it normally. My mum was on Tranexamic acid before she used to have to use two super plus tampons at the same time for about 30 mins so it was really bad. then it was normal
Didn't you get a list of side-effects and things when you had it done? Was heavy periods one of them?
I think you should go and see your doctor. TSR may be able to give you answers, but your doctor is the only one who can actually do anything about it :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Singularity
Didn't you get a list of side-effects and things when you had it done? Was heavy periods one of them?
I think you should go and see your doctor. TSR may be able to give you answers, but your doctor is the only one who can actually do anything about it :smile:

But I can't describe the bleeding I am getting as a 'heavy period' I don't want to be too TMI, but I just don't feel like what I am having is a 'normal heavy period' :confused::frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending