The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2680
Wikipedia is literally getting me through my medical education. God knows how people did it sans internet.
Original post by Woody.
Wikipedia is literally getting me through my medical education. God knows how people did it sans internet.

I know exactly what you mean.

Hence the facebook group "wikipedia will teach me medicine" I think it's called :p:
Reply 2682
Original post by Philosoraptor

Original post by Philosoraptor
I know exactly what you mean.

Hence the facebook group "wikipedia will teach me medicine" I think it's called :p:

Just joined! :wink:

There are just endless esoteric words I'd have to spend ages digging in a textbook to find the meaning of without it. How's the BSc going?
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Eegh. You need a pressure washer and a case of carbonic acid.

I just poured hot water on a bowl that's been literally festering in one of their rooms (male, might I add, just for emphasis on how DISGUSTING YOU GUYS ARE :p: ). I thought the water was really hot when a cloud of what I thought was steam came out of it.

Turns out, the steam was actually spores from the mould. I evacuated the room.
Still in my underwear at two in the afternoon.

Same.
Just with a few more clothes on top.
Original post by JordanCarroll
Same.
Just with a few more clothes on top.

Quiet you! I'm dressed now.
Reply 2686
sunshine is evil when there's work to do :frown:
Original post by Woody.
Just joined! :wink:

There are just endless esoteric words I'd have to spend ages digging in a textbook to find the meaning of without it. How's the BSc going?

Er well I'm workingwell today put it that way. The last month or so - let's not talk about it
Our hoodies say 'Medics: Powered by Wikipedia' on them. I know a few people (including my boyfriend :awesome:) who went off on a rant of 'ohhh, you medics think you're so special... You don't stop to think that all courses use Wiki'...
Original post by Jessaay!
I just poured hot water on a bowl that's been literally festering in one of their rooms (male, might I add, just for emphasis on how DISGUSTING YOU GUYS ARE :p: ). I thought the water was really hot when a cloud of what I thought was steam came out of it.

Turns out, the steam was actually spores from the mould. I evacuated the room.

:rofl: I discovered what I presume is pseudomonas in massive quantities when I finally decided to look at my shower curtain with my glasses on. It was only after I started soaking it in boiling water and bleach that I realised that being in a non-ventilated space with it was probably hazardous... It's now in my flatmate's bathroom cos he's away :colone:
Reply 2690
Original post by felt_monkey
Our hoodies say 'Medics: Powered by Wikipedia' on them. I know a few people (including my boyfriend :awesome:) who went off on a rant of 'ohhh, you medics think you're so special... You don't stop to think that all courses use Wiki'...

I got the "too fit to practice one"...

The chaperone one is just odd. And slightly sleazy.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
:rofl: I discovered what I presume is pseudomonas in massive quantities when I finally decided to look at my shower curtain with my glasses on. It was only after I started soaking it in boiling water and bleach that I realised that being in a non-ventilated space with it was probably hazardous... It's now in my flatmate's bathroom cos he's away :colone:

I plan on not culturing nasty things in my house. :smug:

So where are you planning to live, if not in your house? :colone:

Good luck with that :p: especially with a group of busy insomniac students :p:

There's always something nasty growing somewhere. My ex-boyfriend has mice in his house, and he's the most anal hygeinic person I know.

It's funny though, on his lab project for his iBSc, all his mice have died. Including the controls, yet he can't get rid of the mice from his house. I don't think he was particularly pleased when he called me to rant about the lab project failings and my advice was just to use the infestation in his home. I'm not a very sympathetic person, clearly.
Original post by Becca-Sarah

Awesome :colone: my flatmate's mum came and cleaned our bathroom for us once. :p: I think before that we definitely had some nasty stuff growing.
My house isn't student accommodation, so hopefully there will be less rodents. :ahee:
Reply 2696
We now have a cleaner. Money well spent! Even though I think my cleaning skillz are better... :redface:
Original post by Elles
We now have a cleaner. Money well spent! Even though I think my cleaning skillz are better... :redface:

:eyeball:
Reply 2698
Original post by JordanCarroll
:eyeball:

You haven't heard that figure of speech or don't have money to spend? :tongue:
It means - I think that our cleaner is worth the money they cost... even though I think I probably clean more thoroughly the trade-off of not spending my spare time doing it from scratch is worth it. Luxury!
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Sarky
I got the "too fit to practice one"...
Ha that's awesome! :biggrin:

Latest

Trending

Trending