The Student Room Group

What's the point?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Reflexive
ha well I'm from northampton so I've been MK a bit. It's basically like northampton but bigger, with less of its character. But northampton's character is dire - so that's probably a good thing. The whole area is culturally dead, hate it. Still, you have an ice skating rink though, so it's not all bad!

Fair one. People from MK seem to go Northampton a lot so it can't be all bad. Indeed, MK is atrocious, I can't wait to leave. Ice skating rink? Not pro. But we do have concrete cows. Jealous? Yeah, I thought so.
You could say that life is like this, but then there's so many things that you are forgetting about. Yes you will get a job, you possibly won't like it, but think of the fact that you make something of yourself as opposed to benefitting off everyone else.

Also, you say you grow and have kids and die, or whatever. Surely, isn't that a beautiful thing? You will some day have a family, children to raise, to protect, to be there for.

I don't see why you think life is pointless. It's such an experienece.

I mean, you could say that anything is pointless, but you need to look at it in a different way.
Original post by DiZZeeKiD
Fair one. People from MK seem to go Northampton a lot so it can't be all bad. Indeed, MK is atrocious, I can't wait to leave. Ice skating rink? Not pro. But we do have concrete cows. Jealous? Yeah, I thought so.

Everyone tibia their hometown is the worst. But with northampton I do actually think it's true! I only use the rink to take my nephews, not a big fan myself. I'm going at some point soon, will keep a look out for concrete cows. Though we do have random lion statues all over the place now so I'm not sure they'll be able to compete.
Everyone tibia their hometown is the worst. But with northampton I do actually think it's true! I only use the rink to take my nephews, not a big fan myself. I'm going at some point soon, will keep a look out for concrete cows. Though we do have random lion statues all over the place now so I'm not sure they'll be able to compete.

True dat. They truly are immense - and to be honest, in a fight, a cow would definitely **** a lion up, hands down :ninja:

Also just recalled the charming comment you made on my picture - thanks again for that...
True dat. They truly are immense - and to be honest, in a fight, a cow would definitely **** a lion up, hands down :ninja:

Also just recalled the charming comment you made on my picture - thanks again for that...

What, with how delicious cow are? Get out of here.

Haha I'd forgot about that, that's what every guy thinks when he complements a girl's looks so hey why not. Eminem would. Actually he would 'f this bitch right here on the spot there till she passes out and forgot how she got there'. So I am actually charming compared to that :wink:
life is about achieving the american dream. Owning a sports car and a nice house.
It really upsets me when people who are lucky enough to be born in the Western world, who, yes, might need to work and get a mortgage, but always have a full fridge, electricity, the chance to have and raise their own kids and see them be happy, who can choose the partner that they want, who can do things like go on holiday, go to the cinema, walk down the street in whatever clothes they want, access education, do well in a career they've chosen, complain about the boredom of their lives. Would you rather be somebody born in a warzone or somebody born in a country which denies you rights because of your gender or race or something? Those people savour every minute of life because they want more of it and all you can do is complain about how a comfortable life which gives you a true chance of happiness is dull. If you feel like your own English life isn't worth living, rather than moan, why not do something for somebody else and go and volunteer abroad and devote your own life to making sure other people can enjoy theirs?

I'm sorry if that's harsh. I certainly get bogged down with life sometimes too, myself. But I think you should always put things into context and remember how incredibly lucky you are to have the life you have and how you're able to make it into something you want, given your education, which other people can't do.
Reply 27
Life is a b*tch, marry her but remember to sign a prenup so she dont ***k you!
What, with how delicious cow are? Get out of here.

Haha I'd forgot about that, that's what every guy thinks when he complements a girl's looks so hey why not. Eminem would. Actually he would 'f this bitch right here on the spot there till she passes out and forgot how she got there'. So I am actually charming compared to that :wink:

I don’t believe a lion would eat a cow. It wouldn’t be challenging for the lion, I think they prefer the chase. No euphemism.

You make a valid point. Lols I think anyone would be fairly charming when compared to the Shady, not necessarily the best measurement me thinks. You need to work on your game :wink: haha.
I don’t believe a lion would eat a cow. It wouldn’t be challenging for the lion, I think they prefer the chase. No euphemism.

You make a valid point. Lols I think anyone would be fairly charming when compared to the Shady, not necessarily the best measurement me thinks. You need to work on your game :wink: haha.

I'm not gaming anyone! I'm too honest for gaming bollox anyway, it's not my style.

I just checked your profile again and you're a popular girl on here. See how much power a pretty face gets you? Use it wisely.
I think this all the time. But, find a passion to live for and curiousity as to what will happen next can keep you going and alert.
I'm not gaming anyone! I'm too honest for gaming bollox anyway, it's not my style.

I just checked your profile again and you're a popular girl on here. See how much power a pretty face gets you? Use it wisely.

Haha, I'm just joking. Chill Winston.

Ay, and being popular on tsr is about as cool as herpes. Lols, thanks for the advice, I fully intend to.
Haha, I'm just joking. Chill Winston.

Ay, and being popular on tsr is about as cool as herpes. Lols, thanks for the advice, I fully intend to.

I am chilled winston!

Being popular on here probably translates to real life. Though I admit I think I would rather get herpes than my mates know I use this place.

Howcomes you're off to uni being 21?
Reply 33
Because your going to be working till your at least 75 years of age so might as well do the best you can to get a job you enjoy so that your life is fullfilled and die a happy man!!
Reply 34
My philosophy in life is that life's what you make it!
You can either go through life pointlessly living soulely for you're basic needs and short lasting pleasures.
Or you can make your life meaningful by setting a humane goal that exceeds anything materialistic. You don't need to be Gandhi to do that! :smile:
I am chilled winston!

Being popular on here probably translates to real life. Though I admit I think I would rather get herpes than my mates know I use this place.

Howcomes you're off to uni being 21?

My sentiments exactly, I can be a geek privately, but to the outside word I'm a 24 carat badaman :ninja: lols.

Er, well basically I was going to go at 18 but instead I moved out with my then-boyfriend, which seemed at Excellent idea at the time. Lived with him for 2 years, that got boring, broke up, moved back home and thought "well...I might as well go to Uni now" so badabing badaboom, thats what I'm doing. You at Uni at the moment?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending