The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1320
Original post by girlwithsharpteeth
I really do like the look of the Tannery but think there's about 40 parking places for about 500 students :s-smilie: and if I'm gonna have to drive to placement (might be an hours drive away!) then I really will need a parking place! I wouldn't bother with a car otherwise and if I'm lucky and get a close placement, I won't need one so won't bring it. But Tannery would be awesome if I'm lucky enough to get one of the placements in a Leeds hospital! I might have to ask to be moved to Tannery if that happens :biggrin:

it's 10mins walk from LGI I've emailed them about jobs and placements but no reply yet, Yea but how many are going to bring a car? Maybe you should email them? I didn't actually see the tannery so I'm hoping I've not made a mistake
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Original post by dmz
it's 10mins walk from LGI I've emailed them about jobs and placements but no reply yet, Yea but how many are going to bring a car? Maybe you should email them? I didn't actually see the tannery so I'm hoping I've not made a mistake

I'm sure it'll be great :smile: I'm planning on saying about it on my application in the "other" box? Won't let me apply for accommodation yet though because I only firmed today! If I can't say it there I'll email them... I know, Tannery is perfect for there but it's just so unlikely my placement will be in Leeds... more likely I'll get somewhere like Scarborough... we'll see! Won't know till end of June/start of July so have to pick accommodation first :frown:
Reply 1322
I'm sure it'll be great :smile: I'm planning on saying about it on my application in the "other" box? Won't let me apply for accommodation yet though because I only firmed today! If I can't say it there I'll email them... I know, Tannery is perfect for there but it's just so unlikely my placement will be in Leeds... more likely I'll get somewhere like Scarborough... we'll see! Won't know till end of June/start of July so have to pick accommodation first :frown:

Yea i had to wait a day after firming mine which was a few days ago :tongue:. Hopefully the tannery will be fine for you. Deadline's in July so you might be allowed to change your mind by then. You will be going into the campus as well tho right? I think you should tell me who you are :tongue:
So far the tannery sounds awesome but only if youre a medical or dentistry student :s-smilie: I get why they'd all apply for accommodation there, but isnt there other types of students living there too? :biggrin:
Original post by dmz
Yea i had to wait a day after firming mine which was a few days ago :tongue:. Hopefully the tannery will be fine for you. Deadline's in July so you might be allowed to change your mind by then. You will be going into the campus as well tho right? I think you should tell me who you are :tongue:

Yeah, I'll be going to the campus at least 2 days out of 5, so the Tannery would definitely be better for that! If it had more parking it wouldn't be an issue :s-smilie: ahh right, I'll try applying again tomorrow then :smile: that would be great if I could just change it after I find out! I'll definitely have to try doing that if where I apply for is no good! Hahaha, you're just upset because you've been de-masked!
Original post by Lunalocket
So far the tannery sounds awesome but only if youre a medical or dentistry student :s-smilie: I get why they'd all apply for accommodation there, but isnt there other types of students living there too? :biggrin:

From what I've read there's plenty of non-healthcare people going there :smile: it's just very handy for that part of the campus and the hospital :wink:
Reply 1326

there's not that many healthcare. I know more people doing Japanese than medicine or dentistry combined that has applied there so far and even then i don't see the problem with them :tongue: medics tend to be very wild. Lol
Yeah, I'll be going to the campus at least 2 days out of 5, so the Tannery would definitely be better for that! If it had more parking it wouldn't be an issue :s-smilie: ahh right, I'll try applying again tomorrow then :smile: that would be great if I could just change it after I find out! I'll definitely have to try doing that if where I apply for is no good! Hahaha, you're just upset because you've been de-masked!
Yea I'm sure you'll be fine :biggrin:. Guess we're gonna have to do this the hard way :colonhash:
From what I've read there's plenty of non-healthcare people going there :smile: it's just very handy for that part of the campus and the hospital :wink:

That's good. god im so stuck though, its not even funny XD choosing is so stupidly hard.
Original post by dmz
there's not that many healthcare. I know more people doing Japanese than medicine or dentistry combined that has applied there so far and even then i don't see the problem with them :tongue: medics tend to be very wild. Lol
Yea I'm sure you'll be fine :biggrin:. Guess we're gonna have to do this the hard way :colonhash:

:ninja:
Reply 1329
:ninja:

damn, it doesn't bring up your course, I'm on a stalking mission now :colonhash:
Original post by dmz

Holy s***. really? XD I wouldnt expect medical students to be wild. It shows how much i stereotype things :s-smilie: It makes sense though: ive met alot of people doing law and they all seem like party animals, which doesnt fit the stereotypical image of law. I always knew they'd be wild though cos i almost applied for law :tongue: didnt though :s-smilie:

more people doing japanese there? Ive spoken to like...a total of two people on here doing japanese XD where are you finding them?! aha
That's good. god im so stuck though, its not even funny XD choosing is so stupidly hard.

Lol, i know! But when you think about it, it's because so many are great places to live rather than they're all crap! So it doesn't matter that much where we end up, just all depends on the people we'll be living with!
Original post by dmz
damn, it doesn't bring up your course, I'm on a stalking mission now :colonhash:

Should I be scared?

Holy s***. really? XD I wouldnt expect medical students to be wild. It shows how much i stereotype things :s-smilie: It makes sense though: ive met alot of people doing law and they all seem like party animals, which doesnt fit the stereotypical image of law. I always knew they'd be wild though cos i almost applied for law :tongue: didnt though :s-smilie:

more people doing japanese there? Ive spoken to like...a total of two people on here doing japanese XD where are you finding them?! aha

I think he's counting you at least once :wink: you know the stereotype about student nurses? Medics are pretty much the same
Reply 1333

haha, i was trying to be a med student and i can be wild so were my friends who are applying, you do get the arrogant snobby few, but my friend who's a medic fresher has pics up from med nights out and they're pretty crazy, lol

From the threads n on yougo i've seen 2 or 3 people and major's the only dentist i know going so far, emilymay's contemplating it
Reply 1334
Should I be scared?

I think he's counting you at least once :wink: you know the stereotype about student nurses? Medics are pretty much the same

Well yer cos i've found you S*****
Original post by dmz
Well yer cos i've found you S*****

Nooooooooooooo! :afraid:
Reply 1336
Nooooooooooooo! :afraid:

it took me less than 60seconds :smug:

Think i might be doing wrong degree, i wanna be a detective :proud:
Original post by dmz
it took me less than 60seconds :smug:

Think i might be doing wrong degree, i wanna be a detective :proud:

Is there a degree for that? Now you're just showing off...
Reply 1338
Is there a degree for that? Now you're just showing off...

Haha no idea, i'd probably have to be a police or something, you could be lying to lead me away from my chase but i'm about 85% sure :tongue:, no pictures though...oh wait, facebook! We could have done this the easy way, lol

Just realised you're friends with a girl whose sister i'm friends with cos she went to her college and my dad works with her mum, small world
(edited 13 years ago)
I am confused about accomodation, i havent been to see any as i was meant to go but we broke down on the motorway haha, my favourites are Devonshire, James balie park or henry price i want somewhere were there is loads going on and a good atmospheree, help :smile:

Latest