The Student Room Group

'Love letter'

Don't know what to call it. Sounds very childish I know but anyway.......

There's a girl I like one year below me. I don't get to talk to that much (she doesn't have Facebook for starters). I was wondering how I would go about getting to know her better.

I was considering leaving a note with her with my number on, something along the lines of 'Hey I've seen you around and would like to get to know you better'?

Everyone no doubt will say 'talk to her face-to-face' but it's quite difficult as she is almost constantly surrounded by her friends.

Any advice appreciated.
Make friends with her friends?... The idea sounds quite cute, but it could be quite creepy, especially if she isn't attracted to you, her friends would probably rip you to shreds :tongue: Plus when will you give her it? Ahhh sounds difficult, good luck.
(edited 13 years ago)
This will only work if you are good looking/she fancies you. Otherwise it'll be deemed as 'creepy' (I know, I know, girls are horrible ....)
Reply 3
Yeahh, if you cant talk to her to her face, try making friends with her friends, then introduce yourself.. If she doesnt know who you are and just got a random note from you she might be a little freaked out and think 'stalker..' :h:
do any of your mates know her/any of her mates...if they could get her number for you, it would set things off...thats how things tend to work at my school i think:tongue: or if you see her in the lunch queue/library/anywhere in close proximity, even if she's with her mates you could just start some small talk to the group of them and hopefully while you're all there a conversation will start, that way it wont be daunting by it just being the two of you but you'll have still had that first interaction and have an excuse/it would be acceptable to speak to her again:smile::smile:
hope this helps....
Reply 5
Cheeeeeeerssssss for the help people. There are individual booths at a library, I could drop it to her when she's working there on her own perhaps? Was thinking about giving her a note face-to-face as I don't see her enough to talk to her regularly.
Reply 6
btw, we do know each other's names, but not much more....
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
btw, we do know each other's names, but not much more....

She knows you exist. Good.
Then you have an excuse to talk to her, say hello to her when you see her next.
(edited 13 years ago)
If you know each others names, then you must vaguely know her. In which case a face to face chat would probably be better. As others have said, girls can be quite cruel sometimes, and a physical note which essentially says you're interested in her could be taken the wrong way. Maybe try and catch her as she leaves the library and walk with her to her next class?
Reply 9
I'd be creeped out as hell, sorry dude
leave the note and see how it goes mate.
Reply 11
Original post by obsession
I'd be creeped out as hell, sorry dude

Fair enough. I can see why one would be.
Reply 12
Depends on her age, if she's 14 or under, or with equivalent (in)experience, she'll lap up the attention even if you get her number off her friends or whatever. You will however have to present yourself as somewhat exciting and elusive.
Reply 13
Original post by Anonymous
Fair enough. I can see why one would be.

I mean... no offence, but as sweet as your intentions seem to be the approach is a little intense.

As someone else has already said, making mutual friends would be good, or maybe find out what societies she belongs to and join so you can 'bump into her'?
Reply 14
Just come up with something random to talk to her and her friends about, I always find my self talking randomly to people I don't know around the school. Like if there is something going on on the field (a fight, an event, doesn't matter) just stand next to her and strike up a conversation like "I bet the skinny guy will have the fatso flying".... The randomer the better as it will give you something to laugh about :smile:
Don't do the note, trust me going down that route is suicide. Find a good excuse to talk to her then go from there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending