The Student Room Group

Are some guys destined to be alone?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ich Dien

Original post by Ich Dien
Nether is Johnny boys bajonett. Id be more worried about that if anything :biggrin:
Besides, you wont be doing any more liebevoll after the state I found you in heute Morgen...

Das ist OK, I'm used to your mother being a little wuschig :colone:. We'll be at it again in no time :excited:

Edit: I don't think "roh" is the right word... So I changed it :/
(edited 13 years ago)
Best thing is don't try to find love or a gf in the first place. Most of the girlfriends I have had have been strange and wonderful coincidences.
Keep your head down, get out a bit more and maybe you'll stumble across someone.
Reply 82
Original post by im so academic
You're 22, for ****'s sake.

You're hardly 96.

I think you should show him your boobs.
Reply 83
No one is. I honestly thought I would be. Then, my current girlfriend, the girl that I have loved for years, the one that I didn't think would look at me twice, told me that she liked me and asked me out. You just need to keep trying, it will hapen eventually :smile:
Original post by No Future
OP, as a woman I LOL in the face of pickup artists and the "game" :biggrin:

OP, please don't. Girls (and men) will just think you're a retard.

Have you actually read The Game?

I thought it would be awful but I found it surprisingly entertaining and went on to purchase The Rules of The Game. I could see it working if you had the balls to carry out the exercises. It's no basis for a viable relationship but it can get you laid.

I'm a female by the way, I read it purely out of curiosity.
Reply 85
I'm 27, single and happy.

Nobody to hold me back, I can do what I want, go where I want whenever I want.

I have lots of friends who got into relationships, had kids and are now incredibly limited by everything they do and they are jealous of the things I do. Am I jealous of them? Not really.

Don't get me wrong, it's a great thing to have and I WILL settle down eventually but I have no plans at present. There's too much pressure on people these days to get into relationships.

Seriously, enjoy life to the full. Don't go on a crusade 'questing' for love. If it happens it happens, in the meantime, have some FUN!
Well, there is roughly same number of men and women on earth (actually I think there are slightly more women) that means for every lonely man there is equally lonely woman.
Reply 87
Original post by Malsy
what if some men are just sadly, but genuinely, lost causes. then all you can do is hope, right

Or you could try to do something about it and change yourself

Original post by No Future
I don't laugh at people for trying to improve themselves, but I do laugh at some of the "game" blogs because the advice is so awful it's funny.

Some of the techniques are ridiculous, but most of it is focussed on self improvement and cultivating a better mindset which can only be a good thing, the "silly routines", are there as training wheels to give you sort of fake confidence, so that you can fake it till you make it, and can have genuine belief in yourself and be a better more sociable being

People like the mock, and it is easy to, but for certain people learning social dynamics can have a huge and positive effect on their lives, as long as its nothing more than a glorified hobby, when it gets a bit cultish I start having problems with it as well
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Sendaii
No one is. I honestly thought I would be. Then, my current girlfriend, the girl that I have loved for years, the one that I didn't think would look at me twice, told me that she liked me and asked me out. You just need to keep trying, it will hapen eventually :smile:

Hi there

What age were u when you met her? How did the relationship come about, may I ask?
Reply 89
Original post by bloomblaze
Hi there

What age were u when you met her? How did the relationship come about, may I ask?

I was 14 when I met her, we are both 18 now. The age doesn't matter.

The relationship came about when we were out with some friends. They left us alone together for a while (I think they had an inkling). We talked, then we went on to relationships. She said that she couldn't wait anymore and just came out with it, and the rest is history. This was around three months ago.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Sendaii
I was 14 when I met her, we are both 18 now. The age doesn't matter.

The relationship came about when we were out with some friends. They left us alone together for a while (I think they had an inkling). We talked, then we went on to relationships. She said that she couldn't wait anymore and just came out with it, and the rest is history.

You were very very very very lucky, as 99% of women dont make the first move- they expect to be asked out by men.
Reply 91
You were very very very very lucky, as 99% of women dont make the first move- they expect to be asked out by men.

Perhaps I was lucky, I don't know. I would have asked her eventually if she didn't though. It just so happened that she did it first.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 92
Original post by a_t
Or you could try to do something about it and change yourself

Some people would rather spend their whole lives blaming everything else. No helping them.
I know I'm gonna be blasted by trolls for this, but its like trying to prove ADHD exists to someone who has never experienced it themselves.
Unfortunately some people just don't "have the Game" in them, so its no point in telling them to get "their act straight". They obviously need help and OP, you won't find that online.
(edited 13 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
Read the game, research the PUA community, it works trust me

Do not follow this idiots advice.

Thats the thing though. I've never asked a girl out, yet have not been single for a loong time. I think as soon as you realise that being single doesn't matter and being in a relationship isnt the be and end all you will take a lot of pressure off yourself and relax more.

On the flip side i know guys (and girls) that have rubbed it in peoples faces that they got off with this one and that one over the years when a mate was single. Years pass and i can think of many of the previous singletons in happy fruitful relationships while most of the lotharios and divas arent happy. It's not a race its about finding the right person for you - they will turn up. Just make sure you're at the races when they do and til lthen dont get too down about it.
Reply 96
yes. give up. go sit in a corner.
Reply 97
Original post by academic eric
Thats the thing though. I've never asked a girl out, yet have not been single for a loong time. I think as soon as you realise that being single doesn't matter and being in a relationship isnt the be and end all you will take a lot of pressure off yourself and relax more.

On the flip side i know guys (and girls) that have rubbed it in peoples faces that they got off with this one and that one over the years when a mate was single. Years pass and i can think of many of the previous singletons in happy fruitful relationships while most of the lotharios and divas arent happy. It's not a race its about finding the right person for you - they will turn up. Just make sure you're at the races when they do and til lthen dont get too down about it.

I've run out of reps, but this a million times over. It isn't a race at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending