The Student Room Group

BIOL4 Biology Unit 4 Exam - 13th June 2011

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by erniiee
ahhh don't freak out too much. I'm sitting the same exam, and to be honest, the core Biology is pretty easy. only advice I can give you is to do all of the past papers available on the AQA website. I can email you my revision notes if you feel in desperate need!

Yes, please could you send me your revision notes...do I need to pm my email to you? I have tried the past papers, but the answers are just weird...

Are you also sitting unit 5 then?
Reply 21
pm me. :smile:
Original post by erniiee

Could you email me your revision notes too?
I'm going crazy over this module :frown: Especially with BIOL5 :frown:
Reply 23
Original post by INeedToRevise
Could you email me your revision notes too?
I'm going crazy over this module :frown: Especially with BIOL5 :frown:

Hey are you taking both modules in June too. I also seriously am struggling cause ecology is so hard!!! Can you help me please :smile:
Original post by won-derer
Hey are you taking both modules in June too. I also seriously am struggling cause ecology is so hard!!! Can you help me please :smile:

Ecology is the worst! So boring as well. And the stupid HSW questions throw me off. I'm resitting BIOL4 as well as doing BIOL5.
Did you do BIOL4 in Jan?
Ecology is the worst! So boring as well. And the stupid HSW questions throw me off. I'm resitting BIOL4 as well as doing BIOL5.
Did you do BIOL4 in Jan?

i did the biology unit 4 in jan and got a B
dont knw how
but all i can say is revise the textbook answers in the aqa nelson thornes a2 textbook some of them were on the exam
Reply 26
Did you do BIOL4 in Jan?

How did you do in jan? Well my school originally wanted to put us in, but instead put us in for june. I did the jan paper in class = f-ing hard! Yeah I hate the wishy-washy questions too.

Agreed. Ecology = who gives a damn!

BTW do you do chem?

What textbook are you doing and if you want to talk more, you can pm me :wink:
Reply 27
Original post by hahaff
i did the biology unit 4 in jan and got a B
dont knw how
but all i can say is revise the textbook answers in the aqa nelson thornes a2 textbook some of them were on the exam

hey you mean the summary questions on each page or the application questions?
They are so boring anyway.
Congrats, I heard the exam was hard.
Are you resitting? And how's bio5 going?
How did you do in jan? Well my school originally wanted to put us in, but instead put us in for june. I did the jan paper in class = f-ing hard! Yeah I hate the wishy-washy questions too.

Agreed. Ecology = who gives a damn!

BTW do you do chem?

What textbook are you doing and if you want to talk more, you can pm me :wink:

I didn't do good in January. I got below a C. Haha lets just say that. I really need a B for uni. The problem is the questions are so vague. You can completely miss what they are actually asking you. I think I'm literally just gonna do past paper questions. I spent such a long time learning the content for Jan.

I do OCR chemistry. This book isn't specific to boards. I recently bought it and its really good: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Calculations-Level-Chemistry-Jim-Clark/dp/0582411270
hey you mean the summary questions on each page or the application questions?
They are so boring anyway.
Congrats, I heard the exam was hard.
Are you resitting? And how's bio5 going?

both and ur right they are so boring
im nt resitting unit 4 but im hating unit 5 atm.
Reply 30
Original post by erniiee

could you email me as well pls
Reply 31
Original post by hahaff
both and ur right they are so boring
im nt resitting unit 4 but im hating unit 5 atm.

at least unit 5 is more knowledge based...
at least unit 5 is more knowledge based...

thats true but there is a lot more to learn for unit 5
especially genetics
How many hydrogens are removed from triose phosphate molecules (oxidation) during glycolysis to form pyruvate? Its 2 each right?
Reply 34
Original post by hahaff
thats true but there is a lot more to learn for unit 5
especially genetics

oh yeah like the gel electro stuff...boring.
Do you do chem too?
oh yeah like the gel electro stuff...boring.
Do you do chem too?

yeah its boring
i do chem aswel and the only thing i struggle with is how to revise the colours.
Reply 36
Original post by hahaff
yeah its boring
i do chem aswel and the only thing i struggle with is how to revise the colours.

How did you do in unit 4? I'm taking it in june along side unit 5...yeah stupid colours. Though I prefer unit 4 over unit 5.
How did you do in unit 4? I'm taking it in june along side unit 5...yeah stupid colours. Though I prefer unit 4 over unit 5.

i did quite good in unit 4 i got a B i prefer unit 4 too and im taking unit 5 in june
Reply 38
Has anyone made predictions about what might come up? Does anyone have ideas?
Original post by N0547
Has anyone made predictions about what might come up? Does anyone have ideas?

Hoping for some photosynthesis&respiration, there wasn't much on that in Jan. Succession and speciation did come up in Jan, so not sure if they will be long answer questions again in June.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending