The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
A lot of people in my year are, I'm not one of them :p:

I was just talking about psoriatic arthritis with my mum, only to realise that I haven't written about it in my notes anywhere :s-smilie: I don't understand why I haven't - or how whoever's PBL topic it was missed it :confused:

All the PBL notes you will ever need on it - http://www.patient.co.uk/doctor/Psoriatic-Arthropathy.htm
Original post by Alex D
Anyone heading to NAMS hockey in Liverpool this weekend?

was going to except NAMS falls on the weekend right before our year end exams. grrr. should be a good one.
Argh I'm so tired of revising already. Bring on this long weekend, going away (only to Devon!) for a bit of a break.
Original post by Mushi_master
Argh I'm so tired of revising already. Bring on this long weekend, going away (only to Devon!) for a bit of a break.

Your coming down this way :smile:! Where u heading?
Original post by carcinoma
Your coming down this way :smile:! Where u heading?

Little place called Georgeham - near Woolacombe/Croyde. We go as a big group this time every year and it's pretty ace.
Little place called Georgeham - near Woolacombe/Croyde. We go as a big group this time every year and it's pretty ace.

Yea, up near barnstaple. It should be really nice, and hopefully hot.
Ugh still need to finish off this section, discuss CRAC channelopathies and write an intro and conclusion before I'm done with this SSC.

Am I the only one here with exams at the end of June? I still have five weeks of lectures when I go back. :colonhash:
Original post by i'm no superman

Ugh still need to finish off this section, discuss CRAC channelopathies and write an intro and conclusion before I'm done with this SSC.

Am I the only one here with exams at the end of June? I still have five weeks of lectures when I go back. :colonhash:

I have 2 weeks of PBL, 3 weeks of placement (with an end of module OSCE towards the end of that) and then a revision week (I think) and then end of year exams...
Yea, up near barnstaple. It should be really nice, and hopefully hot.

Better be, has been lush the past 2 weeks and I've been stuck in revising. And yer that's the place.

We have an OSCE in 3 weeks time, then 3 MCQ papers the week after. Freedom begins after that!

Iv got my introduction and method done, So iv only got the rest to do :frown:

I will have had 1 week before easter and all of easter to do it, yet iv only managed to get 200 words done so far.

For me its two more case units, final clinical competancies, final medical knowledge (by 20th of may) and then an end of year. (last day of term)
I have 2 weeks of PBL, 3 weeks of placement (with an end of module OSCE towards the end of that) and then a revision week (I think) and then end of year exams...
Ahh at least you have three weeks of placement to look forward to. I'd be using those three weeks to revise if I were you! :tongue:

We have an OSCE in 3 weeks time, then 3 MCQ papers the week after. Freedom begins after that!
Summer sure is near for you. I just realised we're being made to sit some mandatory progress test during the first week of July too. Apparently it's formative but a lot of other med schools do it too?

Iv got my introduction and method done, So iv only got the rest to do :frown:

I will have had 1 week before easter and all of easter to do it, yet iv only managed to get 200 words done so far.

For me its two more case units, final clinical competancies, final medical knowledge (by 20th of may) and then an end of year. (last day of term)
How long is it supposed to be? I'm nearing 3000. I need to bang out another 1500 from somewhere.
Ahh at least you have three weeks of placement to look forward to. I'd be using those three weeks to revise if I were you! :tongue:

Summer sure is near for you. I just realised we're being made to sit some mandatory progress test during the first week of July too. Apparently it's formative but a lot of other med schools do it too?

How long is it supposed to be? I'm nearing 3000. I need to bang out another 1500 from somewhere.

This one only needs to be 2K but I have two of them to do. (iv done the first sentence of the intro of that 1)

Placement as part of a healthcare SSC?

Placement as part of a healthcare SSC?

No, placement for the module. We have 1 week of GP placement every week, and then ~5 weeks of secondary care placement relevant to the module. So I'm on rheum + ortho placement at the moment :smile:

My exams are in July :wink:
hello :smile: does anyone know how acceptable it is to use lectures as sources in a yr 1 assignment? I have used about 3 lectures in my reference list, just wondering if these are seen as good sources or if a textbook would be better looked upon!
Original post by blonde-beth
hello :smile: does anyone know how acceptable it is to use lectures as sources in a yr 1 assignment? I have used about 3 lectures in my reference list, just wondering if these are seen as good sources or if a textbook would be better looked upon!

Generally Speaking Primary Sources of information (Clinical Trials, Cochrane Reviews, Guidelines) are better.

That said the lecturers themselves may have been the primary source of data. What is it that you are trying to reference.
Generally Speaking Primary Sources of information (Clinical Trials, Cochrane Reviews, Guidelines) are better.

That said the lecturers themselves may have been the primary source of data. What is it that you are trying to reference.

its mostly the pathophysiology of DVT and pulmonary embolism. its just the lectures are just the amount of detail i need! I have used journal articles as well.
Reply 3139
Original post by blonde-beth
its mostly the pathophysiology of DVT and pulmonary embolism. its just the lectures are just the amount of detail i need! I have used journal articles as well.

Yep I've used lectures and have before and it seems to be fine :smile: For this essay there's not many topics that require in depth clinical research, I've only used one journal so far.

Latest

Trending

Trending