The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Drama and Literature??

Hi guys, I'm thinking about making Drama/Literature (with a year abroad) my insurance choice. I was just wondering if anybody knows the balance between practical and theory within the joint course, or perhaps even people who just did Drama?

Obviously, in East 15 you get a vocational actor's training, and while that's not exactly what I'm looking for, I tend to still enjoy practical work. Also, is there an option to do a performance over a dissertation in the last year?

Thankss :smile:
Original post by manisiu
Hi guys, I'm thinking about making Drama/Literature (with a year abroad) my insurance choice. I was just wondering if anybody knows the balance between practical and theory within the joint course, or perhaps even people who just did Drama?

Obviously, in East 15 you get a vocational actor's training, and while that's not exactly what I'm looking for, I tend to still enjoy practical work. Also, is there an option to do a performance over a dissertation in the last year?

Thankss :smile:

The specific course outline, including compulsory and elective modules, will be included on the website. Failing this you can email the university and they will be able to give you the most current information pertaining to your requests.
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by paddy__power
The specific course outline, including compulsory and elective modules, will be included on the website. Failing this you can email the university and they will be able to give you the most current information pertaining to your requests.

Cheers :smile:

I'd probably still like to get some feedback from students who have actually been through the course and how they have found it.
Original post by manisiu
Cheers :smile:

I'd probably still like to get some feedback from students who have actually been through the course and how they have found it.

That's fine. But the yes or no questions can be answered far better by the university.

Good luck with your application/choice :smile:
Reply 4
Thank you very much, my friend. You're a student of Essex, no? How are you finding it/how did you find it?
Original post by manisiu
Thank you very much, my friend. You're a student of Essex, no? How are you finding it/how did you find it?

I am.

I don't like it particularly but it isn't awful. :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by paddy__power
I am.

I don't like it particularly but it isn't awful. :smile:

Always good to hear!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending