The Student Room Group

Why we should turn immigrants away and send some packing.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anabale
So your problem is ethnic minorities commiting crime. As long as its white, I don't care. But the minute it's a coloured person, a brown or black person, you take issue with it :rolleyes:

Absolutely.

Such a pathetic post :biggrin:

So you have relatives who are multimillionaires? I find that hard to believe. There several multimillionaire Somali business men around the world. But I'll focus on two are British, educated in the UK and have invested in the UK.

My father and an uncle are millionaires, another of my uncles is a multimillionaire, if you must know. It's not really that far fetched, but you've missed the point.

The thing is you've just revealed that you rank achivement by how much wealth someone has accumulated, and I wasn't even refering to that. A non-white confusing wealth with achievement, more cultural baggage that we do not need. :rolleyes:

Where are the famous Somalian scientists, inventors, academics, and pioneers etc...

The Somalians who discovered the laws of the universe, cured diseases, created high technology, sent man to the moon, created great works of art and beautiful music etc...

Omar A. Ali - In 1983, he became CEO of the Islamic financial institution the DMI Trust based in Geneva, Switzerland. Under his tenure, DMI became a leading Islamic Financial Institution and its assets increased from $1.6 billion USD to $4 billion USD, with Omar managing a worldwide staff of 1,400 employees in three continents

Abdirashid Duale - is an award-winning British Somali entrepreneur, philantropist, and the CEO of the multinational enterprise Dahabshiil

Both whom are wealthy multimillionaires who have created jobs for thousand of people in the UK and Abroad.

This money thing again, if it wasn't for whites these people wouldn't know what finance or business even were, and creating jobs for who?? Muslims??? Who cares.

"It found that fewer than half of Britain's 650,000 Somalis, Bangladeshis, Turks and Pakistanis, have jobs and the four communities have the highest levels of benefit dependency. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/1564618/Immigation-drains-Britain-says-Left-think-tank.html"

Exactly, you can search all you like. I can search about any other ethnic group. I just typed in "Iraqi rape Swede" and I already found a link talking about a group of Iraqis gang raping Swedish teens.

Yep, scum as well.

You said there was an epidemic of Somali men in the UK raping white English women. I thought, you might have confused Somalis with another ethnic group that were blamed for it back in January. But knowing you, I think you were just being a spiteful.

I asked you to back it up and all you could show for was 1. If it was true, we would have had reports about it. Crime Watch on a monthy basis would have had pictures up and asking for help. But yet there isn't. It's just you making up a lie again.

Find me a source that says there is an epidemic of Somali men raping white English women. I'm giving you the chance to make me look like a fool and prove me wrong.

Crime is no doubt high in the black community, which Somalis are part of. But that is due to poverty. Poverty leads to Crime. Nottingham for example, a majority white city. Yet was nicknamed Shottingham years back due to gun crime. Explain that one? There weren't many blacks there, but there was a lot of poor white people. Same with Liverpool and the crime rates there. Not many ethnics living there.

So we should just give you more money, I think a plane ticket would be easier.

In that video you provided it, it was talking about Muslim immigrants, which included Iraqis, Algerians, Moroccans etc. Yet you just focus on Somalis.

All the same as far as I'm concerned, probably not to you, but I'm not an entomologist so all ants are the same to me as well, an ant of a particular breed may disagree though.

A few sailors? There was a decent size. But once again, I've proved you wrong. Do you know what the word "community" means? Communities that were in Cardiff, Liverpool, Hull, South Shields and London. More than a few you idiot.

White Europeans have been in the UK for 250,000 years, your "communities" are completely irrelevant and insignificant and your contributions are zero.

So explain to me how the Somali community have not been here since the 19th Century, when I have provided you a perfectly valid source. Are you willing to refute that claim? Go ahead and back it up. Provide a valid source that disagrees with mine. I can even provide you an article from a welsh news website which wrote about the Somali community in Cardiff, and described them as the oldest in Wales.

I didn't say there had not been Somalians here in the 19th century, you said that Somalians have been here forever, since the 19th century is hardly forever.

You are nothing but a racist and a bigot, as I just showed you up. You resort to nothing but lies.

Reply 81
Original post by OdinsThunder

Where are the famous Somalian scientists, inventors, academics, and pioneers etc.

This is from another member who posted this on the forum a while back.....

Original post by Cesar Lecat
Pfff, I'll big up my community....

Somali scientists

Spoiler

Somali Entrepreneurs

Spoiler

Somali Authors

Spoiler

Is that enough for you? :rolleyes:

Listen, I am not comparing. There are by far more White scientists and academics etc. I am merely refuting the lies you have made up.

I didn't say there had not been Somalians here in the 19th century, you said that Somalians have been here forever, since the 19th century is hardly forever

I never said forever. I merely said Somalis have been here since the 19th century and it's one of the oldest African and ethnic community in the UK and the oldest ethnic community in Wales.

You on the other laughed and dismissed it. So I provided you with sources to back up my claim. Please look through my post and tell me where I've said the Somali community have been here forever :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
This is quite an interesting debate just because I heard someone talking about this issue at work earlier today.

There's no doubt that a Somali Community has existed in the UK for hundreds of years, but it was always very small. It has only been recently (late 1980's - early 1990's) that the Civil war in Somalia led to Somalian immigration en masse to the United Kingdom. In this sense it is a 'new' community as one of you said. I think that people in general do tend to demonise Somalians, and they get a lot of bad press but there is in fact some basis behind the stereotype if you look carefully at the statistics:

Somali-born migrants have the lowest employment rate among all immigrants in the UK.[37] Figures published by the Office for National Statistics show high rates of economic inactivity and unemployment amongst Somali immigrants. In the three months to June 2008, 31.4 percent of Somali men and 84.2 percent of Somali women were economically inactive (the statistics include students, carers and the long-term sick, injured or disabled in this group).[75][76] Of those who were economically active, 41.4 percent of the men and 39.1 percent of the women were unemployed. Employment rates were 40.1 percent for men and 9.6 percent for women. The male employment rate has, however, risen from 21.5 percent in 1998.[75]
A report by the Institute for Public Policy Research attributes the low employment rate to the newness of the Somali community and to the fact that most immigrants came in search of asylum rather than through labor migration channels.

C'est interessant, Non?
Reply 83
I was until recently a supporter of mass immigration due to the economic benefits. I have changed my mind as I have come to realise that the economic benefits (if any) are very small, and accrue mainly to the well off at the expense of the poorest.

Even if it is in our economic interest, I have to ask at what cost to society? Our communities and culture have been broken down and replaced by ethnic ghettos in many areas. Look at Japan- virtually no immigrants and a very high level of social capital is evident, as demonstrated by their resolve after the recent disasters.

I don't blame immigrants for trying to improve their quality of life, I blame the politicians for allowing the mass immigration in the first place. Charles Moore wrote a fantastic article on the subject in the Telegraph. The problem is that mass immigration has happened at such a speed that integration has been impossible. Integration is a natural process which occurs when immigrants spend time with British peers, especially in schools. With the levels of immigration we have seen, the peers of immigrants are now other immigrants. There is no opportunity for them to integrate into British culture, and this is dividing us as a nation very badly. The ethnic minorities we meet as students are usually well integrated. However if you look at inner city areas the story is very different, in a very sad way.

Immigration should only happen at a slow pace, so integration can happen. The damage is now done though, we are a divided nation.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 84
Maybe the jewish, and white asylum immigrants that stole the US and Australia and numerous other countries away from their people and murdered them should leave those places first before saying it to others!
Original post by Deno1
Maybe the jewish, and white asylum immigrants that stole the US and Australia and numerous other countries away from their people and murdered them should leave those places first before saying it to others!

Right of conquest.
Reply 86
Right of conquest.

Then prepare for an influx and deal with it, 'right of conquest!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OI0GUCI_A&feature=player_embedded
Reply 87
BShiet about mixed race countries " like the USA " being a model of "success".

#1 military ? balls they lost to 3rd world Vietnam.

14 TRILLION IN DEBT

1 TRILLION DEFICIT.

Success my ass

South Asian jokers begging to be Bri....iiish.
Original post by Deno1
Then prepare for an influx and deal with it, 'right of conquest!'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4OI0GUCI_A&feature=player_embedded

Pffft, it's not conquest though it is it, Rap music sucks btw.
Totally agree we talk about how much money we are spending on such things as nuclear weapons, or will be spending on the Tridend programme but when it comes down to it we seem to fail to see the vast amount wasted on immigration, translators, housing for people who will eventually seek asylum in our country when we just don't have the resources to support our own.

Think about it in this way, if England ends up going to war in the future do you want our defence to be that we have 80% immigrants that don't work and claim benefits, or that our people are safe under the trident programme.

Immigration doesn't help but hinder our economy and make us look weak for if we fall into the habits of these people, surely it wont be long before we are the ones claiming asylum elsewhere for our country has gone to ruin.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending