The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1440
Same. Dont know whether im gona accept it or not.
Reply 1441
Original post by -Taz-
Good to hear. I very much doubt i'd get a HCA-type job during my gap year. I'm probably going to be having an operation around September/October time which makes it difficult to apply for a job starting around that time, because i have no clue how much recovery time i'll need or indeed when it's taking place

I got a C and (technically) a B at GCSE and i got interviews at HYMS and Leicester

I know :/

You'd think they'd at least provide us with a half-decent calculator...

what?! Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm sure it was A on the site? I dint apply first time cos of that and every single person from my college that applied there got in :facepalm:
Reply 1442
Original post by -Taz-
I bet it's great motivation knowing you've just got to get the grades and you can have a wonderful holiday. Have fun btw:dance:

Yeah haha. It should be good. But until then... :frown:

Yeahh, I'm not planning on applying to Sheffield unless I get a 750 average. And thats not going to happen...
Reply 1443
Original post by dmz
what?! Are you ****ing kidding me? I'm sure it was A on the site? I dint apply first time cos of that and every single person from my college that applied there got in :facepalm:

Sorry dmz. Perhaps that was for A-levels? Or maybe they only look at your first (for example) 8 GCSE's?

I hadn't actually checked the GCSE requirements for leicester when i applied - i remember it being a last minute choice when i realised i couldn't apply to Sheffield.
Reply 1444
Original post by twelve
Yeah haha. It should be good. But until then... :frown:

Yeahh, I'm not planning on applying to Sheffield unless I get a 750 average. And thats not going to happen...

What did you get first time round? if it was close to 700 you'll have a fair shot at hitting 750, what with the experience and the fact you are now older and (hopefully) wiser :crossedf:
Reply 1445
Original post by -Taz-
Sorry dmz. Perhaps that was for A-levels? Or maybe they only look at your first (for example) 8 GCSE's?

I hadn't actually checked the GCSE requirements for leicester when i applied - i remember it being a last minute choice when i realised i couldn't apply to Sheffield.

i meant hyms not leicester, and what did you mean practically a b, a low a?
Reply 1446
Original post by dmz
i meant hyms not leicester, and what did you mean practically a b, a low a?

Oh, i meant it was the DiDA course (a bit like GCSE IT).

I was awarded a 'Credit' for my coursework, which is the equivalent of a 'B'
Reply 1447
Original post by -Taz-
Oh, i meant it was the DiDA course (a bit like GCSE IT).

I was awarded a 'Credit' for my coursework, which is the equivalent of a 'B'

Ha right, i had b in both courseworks and A in exams but low ones it would seem, Ha well!
Reply 1448
Original post by -Taz-
What did you get first time round? if it was close to 700 you'll have a fair shot at hitting 750, what with the experience and the fact you are now older and (hopefully) wiser :crossedf:

Well last year I got 665 :/ Buttttt, I got a 480 which brought it WAYYY down. If you don't count that, I think my average was 740? So yeah. I'm aiming to improve that 480 by at least a hundred, and that would make everything soo much easier.
Reply 1449
Original post by twelve
Well last year I got 665 :/ Buttttt, I got a 480 which brought it WAYYY down. If you don't count that, I think my average was 740? So yeah. I'm aiming to improve that 480 by at least a hundred, and that would make everything soo much easier.

Mine was similar. I had a ~500 for the last section. I was completely bored and tired by that point. Hopefully i can be a bit more consistent this time around

2 hours is too long, the teenage mind tends to wander
I want Medicine, so bad.
Reply 1451
Original post by twelve

i got the same, my other 3 weren't as high tho, 2 were 700 and verbal 600, can't remember AR found those two the easiest too
Am i the only one who seems to fail abstract reasoning
i can't ever see the pattern in the shapes!
I loved decision analysis though
Original post by futuredoc77
I want Medicine, so bad.

I am futuredoc until friday. You should be preparing for your interview. :wink:
Reply 1454
Original post by -Taz-
Mine was similar. I had a ~500 for the last section. I was completely bored and tired by that point. Hopefully i can be a bit more consistent this time around

2 hours is too long, the teenage mind tends to wander

Yeah I want to be more consistent - but only if it means bringing the AR up. Otherwise my score will get worse! :P

Original post by dmz
i got the same, my other 3 weren't as high tho, 2 were 700 and verbal 600, can't remember AR found those two the easiest too

Original post by FunsizedKarateGeek
Am i the only one who seems to fail abstract reasoning
i can't ever see the pattern in the shapes!
I loved decision analysis though

Ahh no abstract reasoning is the hardest. I didn't actually know ANY of the answers last year. I literally guessed every single one. I was lucky to get 480 I think! Decision analysis is good though. Just seems really easy.
Reply 1455
Original post by twelve
Yeah I want to be more consistent - but only if it means bringing the AR up. Otherwise my score will get worse! :P

Ahh no abstract reasoning is the hardest. I didn't actually know ANY of the answers last year. I literally guessed every single one. I was lucky to get 480 I think! Decision analysis is good though. Just seems really easy.

i thought it was VR that you got 480 :tongue: i like AR, i guess the least on that one, QR i do nearly half properly and guess the rest, got 700 on DA but i don't think I'd ever be able to do it properly cos focus is gone before i even finish QR lol
Reply 1456
Original post by dmz
i thought it was VR that you got 480 :tongue: i like AR, i guess the least on that one, QR i do nearly half properly and guess the rest, got 700 on DA but i don't think I'd ever be able to do it properly cos focus is gone before i even finish QR lol

Haha yeahh thats the problem. Its just so stressful and it doesn't le tup over the whole two hours :frown:
Original post by firestar101
I am futuredoc until friday. You should be preparing for your interview. :wink:

:shiftyrun:
Reply 1458
I just got my feedback from the only interview I had, it basically said I did everything wrong. I'd nearly got over being rejected and it just reminded me of it all over again :frown:
Original post by Tinth
I just got my feedback from the only interview I had, it basically said I did everything wrong. I'd nearly got over being rejected and it just reminded me of it all over again :frown:

At least you know what went wrong and can put that right next time :smile: ...and i'm sure it wasn't that bad :smile:

Where was it from?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending