The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3200
Original post by Captain Crash
So a few weeks back, we had a mock for our finals. This is one of the questions:

"A women is noticed to have decreasing performance at work and increased tardiness.

Which of the following tests would most determine her condition?

a)Blood film
b)White Cell Count
c)MCV
d)ESR
e)Platlet count"

:eek: I, and everyone I spoke to, were completely puzzled by this question with no-one 100% clear of the answer. Anyone any clues?

I realise we discussed the following earlier today, but for the benefit of everyone else...

Looks like the answer was actually MCV, as the question also stated that the symptoms were present for a year. This was also supposedly a vetted question used previously and approved by internal and external examiners.

Go figure...
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Becca-Sarah
I still haven't posted my iBSc acceptance letter, despite signing it over a fortnight ago. Anyone want to throw in any opinions on Barts and Impy that would swing my decision? Coin tossing hasn't yet produced a definitive answer.

Which has the longer deadline for return :tongue:
Original post by Lantana
Which has the longer deadline for return :tongue:

Imperial, given that they haven't yet got round to actually sending me the official offer - it still says "pending" on their tracker site, despite me having an email two weeks ago saying I was in!
lol at the prefreshers already putting in their sig that theyre going to do an iBSc
Original post by John Locke
lol at the prefreshers already putting in their sig that theyre going to do an iBSc

??
Reply 3205
Original post by John Locke
Lol at the ****ing prefreshers.

(But out of interest, which one?)
I'd laugh at the prefreshers but I feel my noob status isn't much better :emo:
Original post by Renal
Lol at the ****ing prefreshers.

(But out of interest, which one?)

More than once this year I've had the thought that a keen-ness transplant wouldn't go amiss. Especially this last week with members of the public telling me how my degree was awesome and it'll all be fine and how well respected it is etc. The asian spiel...
Reply 3208
Original post by Wangers
More than once this year I've had the thought that a keen-ness transplant wouldn't go amiss. Especially this last week with members of the public telling me how my degree was awesome and it'll all be fine and how well respected it is etc. The asian spiel...
I still get this every now and again from patients.
Original post by Wangers

If you know where they offer these keen-ness transplants are avaliable please let me know i am extremely lacking - i so dont want to go back. I need another week off minimum.
Reply 3210
Hmm, another article request please!

http://www.annals.org/content/117/12/1042.full.pdf
Reply 3211
Original post by visesh

No luck through our VPN. It's asking for some UK management federation login or something.
I don't like 3 hour lectures :hmmm:
Original post by felt_monkey

They are icky

Is that three hours of lectures or a single three hour lecture?
Original post by visesh

No access myself, although this sounds interesting :smile: give me a shout if you find it!
Original post by Kinkerz
Is that three hours of lectures or a single three hour lecture?

Single 3 hour :frown:
Single 3 hour :frown:

Damn. I'd have switched off about thirty minutes in. What was it about?
Original post by Kinkerz
Damn. I'd have switched off about thirty minutes in. What was it about?

MIs. The content was interesting but it was just so long. And a third of it was on the principles behind random controlled trials...
Original post by JordanCarroll
No access myself, although this sounds interesting :smile: give me a shout if you find it!

I don't even know how to access journals through our uni :frown:

Latest

Trending

Trending