The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JordanCarroll
If they don't work there's always Modafinil :p:

Already was prescribed that a few years back for daytime somnolence. Worked for a few weeks before I just felt tired anyway :p:
Original post by crazylemon
How is everyone? long time no see.

How were exams? :holmes:

Also, hello people. I'm temporarily back :p:
Original post by xXxBaby-BooxXx
I don't like pro plus. It gives me palpitations and makes me feel a bit shaky :s-smilie:

But then I never have caffeine, so it's probably just my body not being used to it :p:

I'm fine if I take one, but more than that and I'm like you. However if I team it with dextrose tablets - I get extremely restless and annoying.
Reply 3343
Really not enjoying clinical placement atm :frown: So little structure, so much of feeling like a spare part. I feel I'm doing nothing, and learning very little.

Made up my mind about intercalating though - I'm gonna do it :smile:
Original post by Lu-x
Really not enjoying clinical placement atm :frown: So little structure, so much of feeling like a spare part. I feel I'm doing nothing, and learning very little.

Made up my mind about intercalating though - I'm gonna do it :smile:

:frown: What subject -might be a bad idea?
Reply 3345
Original post by Philosoraptor
:frown: What subject -might be a bad idea?

What makes you say that?

The type of Bsc I'm interested in is a year-long research project of my choice, probably in Cardiovascular Sciences or Infection/Immunology. I feel myself being drawn towards academic medicine (possibly due to not enjoying clinical placements so far?), and think this would be a good way of sampling it. Also a chance to present at conferences, win prizes and a couple of previous students have had their work published. However I would be doing it between 4th and final year :s-smilie:
Original post by Lu-x
What makes you say that?

The type of Bsc I'm interested in is a year-long research project of my choice, probably in Cardiovascular Sciences or Infection/Immunology. I feel myself being drawn towards academic medicine (possibly due to not enjoying clinical placements so far?), and think this would be a good way of sampling it. Also a chance to present at conferences, win prizes and a couple of previous students have had their work published. However I would be doing it between 4th and final year :s-smilie:

Ah fair play! If you're into that - it's the disso that made me hate this year. It's put me in dire straits...
Reply 3347
Ah fair play! If you're into that - it's the disso that made me hate this year. It's put me in dire straits...

What's it on? :smile:

I had to write a dissertation at the end of 2nd year. Know how you feel :frown:
Reply 3348
Original post by Lu-x
Welcome to the next three years of your medical training, after that you get to do everything and learn very little.
Reply 3349
Original post by Renal
Welcome to the next three years of your medical training, after that you get to do everything and learn very little.

And that's if I somehow manage to pass finals :frown:
Reply 3350
Original post by Lu-x
And that's if I somehow manage to pass finals :frown:

But it is lots of fun and you've got so much to look forward to! We could all be stacking shekfs or unemployed! I promise you it's much better when you've finished! :smile:
Original post by Lu-x

I felt like that in 3rd year. But now im kind of left to my own devices. I get into clinics, get chatting to registrars/foundation doctors, find myself on ward rounds and doing things i didnt think of. I like having no structure, i make my own structure. Cant you ask to do things? Im a bugger for asking questions.

Although to be honest im actually sick of hospital medicine at the minute and have no motivation. Ive just been doing what im going to be doing for a foundation job (minus the on calls) and to be honest theres a complete lack of actual medicine and im sick of running round. Maybe the medicine is in the on call part??
Already was prescribed that a few years back for daytime somnolence. Worked for a few weeks before I just felt tired anyway :p:

Oh really? The last bit, do you mean they worked for a few weeks then lost their efficacy?
Original post by Jessaay!
A little late off the mark but what the...? :p:

Yeah, I was a little out of it to say the least.
Original post by JordanCarroll
Oh really? The last bit, do you mean they worked for a few weeks then lost their efficacy?

Indeed. Hence why I wanted to know if pro plus pills worked on people that coffee no longer did :x

But yeah for a week it's amazing, although your heart will be racing/ you'll be sweaty / you'll have shaky hands.

I.e. sympathetic drive gone crazy
Learning about the head is making MY head explode :frown:
I ate mould accidentally earlier, and for a while I've had awful abdominal pain. Like the type in food poisoning. Sucky. Never known that to happen before after just eating mouldy bread.
Is life outside the halls bubble really that bad?
Original post by Fission_Mailed
Is life outside the halls bubble really that bad?

Pfft. I lived in a house last year and halls this year. I prefer life away from halls easily.

Bloody freshers :p:
Original post by Kinkerz
Pfft. I lived in a house last year and halls this year. I prefer life away from halls easily.

Bloody freshers :p:

But mould? My halls don't have mould. :|

Having said that, I have a key to my house for next year and I cannot wait to start doing it up.

Latest

Trending

Trending