The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I feel physically sick about an exam in a couple of days. Anyone else?
Original post by Supermassive_muse_fan
?

If i had no timetable i'd spend the entire time in bed.
Original post by Musty_Elbow
I feel physically sick about an exam in a couple of days. Anyone else?

Yep! Tomorrow, Weds and Fri :eek:
Reply 3423
Original post by crazylemon
I have really like the preclinical years actually, like a 'proper' university experience rather than clinics where I think it will be a bit more restricted (was for my 3 weeks this year although I really enjoyed my on call stuff and would happily do it more). I also fear not utilising my time well...

I think I am insane for getting myself treasurer for one of the biggest uni societies when I won't be at main campus alot. Huzzah for online banking! I will be running around like a madman next year. Particularly if I try and ram yachting in there too....well you only go to uni once....

Really liking these few weeks to far. Not looking forward to paper writing...

Haha, I'm events rep for our Medsoc. Only over 1200 people to show a good time to :wink:
Original post by billet-doux
Yep! Tomorrow, Weds and Fri :eek:

Good luck!!
Reply 3425
Original post by GodspeedGehenna

Original post by GodspeedGehenna
:hide:

Bless. :p:
Original post by visesh
Bless. :p:

Cute, ain't it?
Reply 3427
Just wanted to put a little plug for St George's National Plastic Surgery Day. We still have small number of places up for grabs.

it's going to be held next Saturday 21st May and will consist of a day of lectures and an afternoon or workshops in Aesthetic suturing, tendon repair, local flap design and burns management.

Just go to http://www.sgsu.org.uk/socs/society/ois/plasticsday/ for more info and a copy of the application form

Thankooo :smile:
****in
progress test. what are you?
:colonhash:
Stupid progress test this morning. :sigh:
Original post by Mushi_master
Good luck!!

Thank you! You too :smile: are your exams this week too?
Reply 3431
Original post by Wangers
**** me theres alot of stuff in 3rd year! Time to just crack on methinks. Its just a big step up from preclins, now, the skills you pick up and the cases you see arn't for someone elses' benifit, they're to add to your own experience. The benifit I guess might be down the line with a sickie. Oh to be a fresher again.

Don't say that :frown:
Original post by billet-doux
Thank you! You too :smile: are your exams this week too?

I've got my OSCE on Wednesday, they're running throughout the week for the year group; then next monday, weds and friday are the written papers. The fear is certainly here.
Original post by mrs_bellamy
Ah that sounds good! Do you know any more specifics? You seem to be really up on what the plans are for improving the course, I'm really impressed. Are you involved with student parliament?

I'm really unsure what I think about PMS overall, I do really enjoy it here and I think there are many, many great things about the course, but there are also a lot of big things I have problems with.

No, not on student parliament - no time for that. We just had our plenary attendance lecture (to which the lecturer was 30 mins late) and it was covered in that.
Original post by malaz_197
Just wanted to put a little plug for St George's National Plastic Surgery Day. We still have small number of places up for grabs.

it's going to be held next Saturday 21st May and will consist of a day of lectures and an afternoon or workshops in Aesthetic suturing, tendon repair, local flap design and burns management.

Just go to http://www.sgsu.org.uk/socs/society/ois/plasticsday/ for more info and a copy of the application form

Thankooo :smile:

Omg that looks really good. Wish I could go but have a compulsory first aid course that day. :frown:
lame
Original post by RollerBall
If i had no timetable i'd spend the entire time in bed.

Hehe you'd think a lot of people would do so but no one does, I guess you realise its your learning and however much clinical exposure you put yourself in, is going to be beneficial to your learning alone. (Although when you do mental health - you waste so much time doing nothing at all. Once I was in from 9 to 5 and saw one patient the entire day :s-smilie: wish I had just had a lie in on most days back then)

My hayfever has gotten so bad :frown: it only came on last year and now I have to take antihistamines daily gah.
Original post by Philosoraptor
Omg that looks really good. Wish I could go but have a compulsory first aid course that day. :frown:
lame

Compulsory on a Saturday?! :eek:
Is playing the Wii a valuable substitute for revision?

I think so.
Reply 3438
Original post by Mushi_master

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20108147

Maybe not at your level...
Original post by ilovehotchocolate
No, not on student parliament - no time for that. We just had our plenary attendance lecture (to which the lecturer was 30 mins late) and it was covered in that.

Haha that sounds so much more interesting than our attendance lecture!

Latest

Trending

Trending